Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

multiple electrical issues

rhancerhance Member Posts: 7
Just inherited an 07 Silverado LT crew cab Z71 6
six months ago. Problem is the auto climate control lights up and all segments work but no blower operation at any speed, checked all other electronic in cab functions and seems normal. Checked outside and found the daytime running lights weren't on as the dash guage back lighting. Let set in driveway for an hour and then rechecked and found the daytime running lights to work but stll no hvac blower.

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    rhance,

Were you planning on having the vehicle diagnosed? Please keep me posted on any information.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • rhancerhance Member Posts: 7
    Have an appt. with Chevrolet dealer to look into problem on 6-30. Too many odd things happening in what appears to be the dash circuitry. Hvac control is acting up and engine fans came on high speed with system off as I started up from the office this afternoon. Just too hot (103) daily to be without any a/c blower operation. Will keep you posted as to the results.
    rhance,

Thank you for the update. Please keep me posted with any information from the dealership. I completely understand, 103 is hot to be without an A/C!

Thank you,
    Odd drive from office. Started up and the hvac blower fan and all of the other weird inop components were working as well. Can't have this happening if your job is in outside sales and taking clients to lunch or the golf course. Still going into dealership with the thought they can find an intermittant problem like this. Being a few months and miles out of the basic warranty, I'm in hopes that GM will foot this bill as it has been an ongoing
    complaint from the previous owner with documentation at another GM store.
    rhance,

I completely understand. Please keep me updated on any information from the dealership.

Thank you,
    Left at dealership for two days with the Hvac blower inop. S/A said they couldn't pinpoint problem and wanted me to drive in when it reoccurs. It's odd that when it does quit I can disconnect the blower motor connector from the blower module for approx 10-15 mins and reconnect and blower works for several days. I can disconnect blower and apply 12 volts and it works fine. I believe problem to be a ground or circuit issue with control module be it the blower or Hvac control head itself. The event is more consistant when temps above 90. I really believe the svc tech didn't do any more than I can do. They did't charge me but I just want it fixed. Maybe they can find it the next visit. Any suggestion from your end would be greatly appreciated.
    rhance,
    I would recommend asking the dealer to involve technical assistance. Have they been able to diagnosis the vehicle and concern? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    I will ask for technical assistance. They were reluctant to even have a conversation about the repair when I mentioned some "goodwill" consideration since it's out of warranty by a few months and miles. S/A "drove" pickup for approx 1 mile to verify blower not working. I drove it to them not working! As for your answer, no they haven't diagnosed the problem or even offered to try anything to my knowledge, such as swapping a "known good" component for a few days. What ever the problem it is intermittant and will require further head scratching and for someone to make a decision which way to go. Once again I'll keep you posted. Did quit over the weekend but tech not at dealership.
    rhance,
    Since the problem is intermittent I would ask them to install a recorder to help them diagnosis the concerns. I would also like to set up a case for you with GM Customer Assistance since your vehicle is so close to the warranty date. This will also report your concerns to GM and an agent will continually check up with your dealer. Please email me with your VIN, current mileage, involved dealer, and complete contact information. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    VIN 2GCEK13M871537816, 39987 MILES. WILL SHOW TO BE REGISTERED TO JACK CLAYTON WHO IS MY DECEASED GRANDFATHER WHOM I INHERITED THE TRUCK FROM. REPAIR ORDER FROM PLAINS CHEVROLET IN AMARILLO TX IS 354041. THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN ADDRESSED AT THE SELLING DEALER IN CLOVIS NM-BENDER CHEVROLET ALSO WITHIN THE 1ST OR 2ND YEAR.
    Well after lots of head scratching and troubleshooting the problem has been solved and I hope no one else has to go through the same headache.The evaporator drain was blocked, not allowing the condensation to drain. Somewhere inside the dash one or more connectors
    would get wet from the condensation sloshing in the evap case and short or cause feedback
    in several circuits. I've back flushed the evap drain from underneath and lots of crap came out. Drain has work flawlessly and the strange phenomenon has been eliminated. Even the dealer had no ideas and mine was just luck in noticing water filling the right floor. Hope this will help someone in the future. Thanks for the help.