Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus CT 200h Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
Tell us about shopping for the CT 200h!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• cf5mithcf5mith Member Posts: 1
    Just had a delightful experience at Lexus of Orlando.
    Using invoice price info from Edmunds I was able to negotiate what feels like a great price. As I live in Central FL I am convenient to several dealerships and had three competing for my business via email. Lexus of Orlando was the only one of the three that does NOT charge a dealer fee, so I secretly wanted them to "win" and they did. By a huge margin.
    MSRP $34,286
    paid $31,980
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Nice deal!

How much were the dealer fees at the other dealerships? I hear horror stories about fees in Florida..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• seascapeseascape Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

I am working on a deal to purchase a ct200h out of state of California and will appreciate your help on what are the fees you have paid in addition to CA tax and how much are they.

Thanks
  • djrobsddjrobsd Member Posts: 20
    Leased a 2012 CT200H from Lexus of San Diego (Penske Auto Group) this past weekend. Options included the F Sport Package, premium audio with backup camera integrated into the mirror, and all the other goodies that entails (i.e. the built in Homelink transmitter, electrochromatic mirror, etc).

Total MSRP: 35,622
    Agreed Upon Value (on lease agreement): 33,406.17
    (looks like a 6% discount off MSRP if my math is right)
    I'm not sure if Lexus had any rebates and such... I traded in a 2006 IS-350 that I bought Used from a non-Lexus dealer (so would I have been eligible for loyalty?) -- anyway, I see no rebates on the contract I'm assuming they would normally itemize them out on the lease contract right?

Residual: 17,117.76
    Money Factor: (it's not on the lease but she showed me a computer print out before I signed my paper work and it looked like .00200) - I had credit scores of 704, 660, and 678, so I'm sure I did not qualify for tier 1.
    Base payment $497.10
    Tax: $38.53
    Total Payment: $535.63
    Term: 48 months
    Mileage: 12,000 annually

I put $1000 down, and had $1748 in negative equity in my 2006 IS-360 (76k miles, premium and luxury packages). The used care snake oil lot I bought my IS from did not disclose to me that it had frame damage and had been in an accident, and like a fool I didn't look at CarFax or AutoCheck first... It's on both services... CarMax was only going to buy it for 12 grand, but Lexus bought it for $14,000 so we rolled the $1748 into the new HS.

From what I can tell, I got a good deal...Considering that many dealers wouldn't even touch my IS with the big black mark on it, and my credit score isn't perfect, a $535 payment with tax for a car like the CT200h seems reasonable..

BTW, I had to do some negotiation to get to these amounts. The original proposal was $581 a month w/tax & $1500 cash down without pulling my credit (they were assuming tier 1 score). They were trying to "include" lojack in that, I asked them to take Lojack off, and then negotiated further from there until I arrived @ $1000 down, and $535 a month with tax.

I still had 3 years left to pay on my IS-350 (it was a 6 year loan) @478, so now I'm in for 4 years on the CT200 AND my payments are only $50 a month higher, which I'll definitely save in gas, I was averaging 19MPG in my IS350.
  • lexus_boblexus_bob Member Posts: 2
    I just negotiated a lease on a 2012 CT200h. From what I'm reading here... I got a pretty good deal (this opportunity to do comparative analysis amongst consumers is incredibly helpful and downright soul soothing).

I bought mine in Valencia, CA... to my knowledge one of the last few CT's in the state (they traded with Fresno to get mine). It did come with about 360 miles on it, which they gave me a $300 discount for. Mine's pretty well packed... virtually everything except the Fsport package or wheels, otherwise, it's the premium package - nav, b.u. cam, even stuff I could have done without like the netting in back and the lighted door panels.

In any case it was about $33,916 out the door ($36,732 total MSRP), nothing down, I believe about 2.8% interest (my credit is top tier) and I'm paying $482/mo. If I do decided to purchase the car when the lease is up (and that depends on where the technology is 36 months from now), I will be able to set up a new payment plan paying out little more (and possible a little less) than the cars value at that point.

I think it's a pretty sweet deal.
  • blackmamboblackmambo Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Just leased a 2012 CT 200h in Pittsburgh, PA with the following options:

- Navigation
    - Premium Audio
    - Remote Engine Starter
    - Preferred Accessory Package
    - All Weather Floor Mats

MSRP: $36,996

Price paid: $32,086 ($1,910 off plus the $3,000 rebate on 2012 models)

Out the door: $2,500 ($1,010 down, $700 acquisition, $399 first month payment, $131 doc fee, tax, title, transfer, etc)

Security deposit: $0

Monthly payment: $399

Money factor: .00170
    Residual: 0.58
  • obi1andkobe2obi1andkobe2 Member Posts: 50
    Hi everyone. Just got a 2015 CT200H w/ navi, MSRP 38078 and negotiated down to 33500 before incentives.