Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Cadillac ATS

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited March 2014 in Cadillac

Comments

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    I went to a very large Caddy dealership in my neighborhood but they did not have any ATS in the showroom or on the lot. They had acres and acres of Escalades though.

The ATS I saw in pictures and videos look nice but very pricey. At this price point one might as well get a BMW 3-series or an Audi A4. Nonetheless, we are in the market for an entry level luxury sedan so we will wait until they hit the showroom.
  • tdbmdtdbmd Member Posts: 20
    I drove a new ATS this last weekend. It was a top end version with the 3.6 motor and AWD. I will say that they handle great. More responsive than my CTS with the perfomance package and same motor. It also feels quite a bit quicker than my CTS, but given the weight difference, that would make sense. The ATS seems razor sharp in the handling dept. and the front seat room is not much different than the CTS. Rear seat is quite a bit smaller, however as is the trunk.
  • 5539655396 Member Posts: 529
    My experience exactly. With the exception that with the salesman in the back seat on a road just entering the twisties and an 85 degree sharp right right after a tree that I hit at 40 or so and the salesman just about crapped as he couldn't see it coming. This was their first ATS and we were the first to drive it. They had just gotten it in. I expect he had visions of it wrapped around a tree. I'm sure he didn't expect it as I'm 74 but still ride my Honda VTX 1800 way too fast. He recovered and took it well though.

We have an 03 Toyota Avalon with KYB GR2 suspension and energy sway bar bushing upgrade with ceramic brakes. See posts in Avalon 04 and earlier foruim.

Anyway, we tried out a last gen 2011 BMW 3, 13 Altima, CTS, Genesis, LaCrosse etc, and the only ones that could get my $$$ are the 12-13 Bimmer 328 or the ATS at this point. The Altima was just too loose and while efficient, doubt I could stand the revving of the CVT. Yuk. I wonder how resale of the ATS will be. Not bad, I would guess. And that 3.6 engine is sweet. Hard to believe it's American. I was soooo sick of hearing a truck when I drove a GM car.
  • tdbmdtdbmd Member Posts: 20
    I am anxious to try one of the 2.0 turbo motors as well. I have been very pleased with the 3.6 in my current CTS and in the ATS, it feels much stronger, probably due to less weight to haul around.
  • jeffm5jeffm5 Member Posts: 123
    Come on ATS owners. I'm anxious to here your impressions.
  • kd1007kd1007 Member Posts: 23
    LEASED MY ATS 3 WEEEKS AGO
    PROBLEMS

THE TOUCH PAD SYSTEM IS WAY TOO COMPLICATED AND DOES NOT WORK FREQUENTLY YOU HAVE TO TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE ROAD TOO OFTEN PLS GIVE US SOME KNOBS BACK FOR HEAT AND RADIO

TURBO LAG IS FREQUENT AND DISAPPOINTING

MPG 14.5 YES YOU READ IT RIGHT ONLY 14.5 SO FAR AND DEALER IS TRYING TO TELL ME IT BECAUSE ITS NEW LOL PLEASE MY NEW CTS NEVER GOT LESS THAN 17

RADIO VERY POOR RECEPTION IM IN CHGO SUBURBS NEVER EVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS BEFORE THIS CAR DEALER CANT SEEM TO FIX

BACK TO TOUCH PAD I NEVER EAT IN MY CAR THAT BEING SAID FINGERPRINTS AND DUST ARE A CONSTANT PROBLEM AND MAKE THE WHOLE BLACK DASH A MESS I CLEAN IT DAILY AND IT DOES NOT CLEAN UP WELL. LOOKED NICE IST DAY CANT IMAGINE WHAT IT WILL LOOK LIKE IN 36 MONTHS

GM NEEDS TO GET ONTOP OF THESE PROBLEMS RIGHT AWAY I LIKE THE STYLING BUT GEEEZE THIS IS DISAPPOINTING SO FAR

K.D.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Good morning kd1007,
    If you would like for us to follow up with your dealership at all, please don't hesitate to contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation so far).
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
    Sorry to learn of your problems, especially the turbo lag and the mpg. Is the turbo lag worse when accelerating from a stop or throughout the power range? As for mph, what type of driving do you generally do, city, hwy, mix? As for the smudges on the touch screen, I find that to be a problem with any touchscreen I use. It's the nature of the beast.

Here's hoping you can get your problems worked out. Thanks for your input. Keep us informed.
  • ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    edited January 2013
    Just leased a 2013 ATS 2.0T with the Cue + Sound package.
    Car leans more toward performance than comfort, compared to my 11' SRX.
    Turbo pulls nicely with little lag, and handling is pretty good. Gradually learning to master the Cue system, using a combination of owners manual, free Cadillac supplied I-pad loaded with their App., and basically putzing around with the controls.
    The only thing I'm not too thrilled with is the run-flat tires that comes on this car. With regular tires when you get a nail or some other object that flattens the tire, you can usually plug it. With the run-flats, you have to replace them, at a higher price. I purchased the extended warranty on these tires for $10 a month, which at least covers these issues.
    ATS PROBLEMS

PICKING UP MY ATS TODAY DEALER HAS HAD IT 3 DAYS

THEY SAY THEY HAVE REPLACED TOUCH SCREEN AND RADIO ANTENA ILL REPORT ON THESE FIXES LATER AFTER

I WAS GIVEN A NEW CTS AS A LOANER 6 CYL VS 4 CYL TURBO THE CTS IS GETTING 18.1 MPG MY ATS TURBO IS GETTING 14 MPG

DEALER SAYS THEY HAVE CHECKED EVERYTHING ON ENGINE SEEMS A-OK
    CANT EXPLAIN MY 14 MPG VS 18.1 ON NEW CTS

LOL LOL ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?

K.D.
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    The only thing I'm not too thrilled with is the run-flat tires that comes on this car. With regular tires when you get a nail or some other object that flattens the tire, you can usually plug it. With the run-flats, you have to replace them, at a higher price.

I'm not sure who gave you that information, but it isn't true. RFT's can be repaired just like GFT's, although some shops refuse to do the repairs.

At $10/month (assuming this amount is for all tires, not per each), that's not a bad deal at all if it gets you a new tire for every puncture. BMW insurance on RFT's is considerably more expensive.

I'd like to hear your opinions on the car every few months if you have the time to post. I hope you enjoy your new ride.

RFT's are an item that owners seem to either love or hate. There isn't much of a "middle of the road" opinion.
    edited February 2013
    Thanks.

I will update every so often about my impressions of this car.

At the moment the car will be going in for service on monday, due to
    a problem with the Cue linking up with my media devices. (I-Touch,I-pad)

I definitely do prefer knobs and switches over the touch and finger
    controls on the dash.

Seats could be a little better with more padding, and thigh support. Maybe
    it's a subjective thing, but i'm only about 5'10 142lbs., and I still feel it can
    use the bottom cushion added lenth. That's it for now.
  • sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    I've driven Infiniti the last 6 years and just took my first drive in the ATS - WOW...my daughter had her mind set on a Mini Cooper until we drive this. The CUE system has her wanting the ATS now!
  • urirx98urirx98 Member Posts: 51
    Ive been driving Infiniti for 6 years aswell, G35 now G37 and am really excited for the new Q50 but this car does entice me. I am planning on test driving the car either tomorrow or the new few days to check out CUE vs the new Infiniti system
    GM NEEDS TO COME CLEAN MY IST TANK IM GETTING 13.5 MPG VS 20 MPG RATING

WHAT GIVES ?

LOOK AT WHAT I JUST READ....

Consumer Reports pans turbo engines

Knocks performance, fuel economy claims
    By Karl Henkel
    The Detroit News
    0 Comments

Consumer Reports says small turbocharged engines don't live up to performance and fuel economy expectations, despite their higher price tags.

In testing conducted by Consumer Reports engineers, turbocharged four-cylinders such as Ford Motor Co.'s 1.6-liter EcoBoost and General Motors Co.'s 1.4-liter turbo have marginal performance improvements and similar fuel economy compared to the six-cylinders they replace.

This is of particular importance to consumers, because automakers in North America plan to offer 3 million gasoline and diesel-powered vehicles with turbocharged engines in 2013.

That's up from 2.1 million in 2012, said Mike Omotoso, senior manager of global powertrain at forecaster LMC Automotive.

"While these engines may look better on paper with impressive EPA numbers, in reality they are often slower and less fuel-efficient than larger four- and six-cylinder engines," said Jake Fisher, Consumer Reports' director of automotive testing.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130205/AUTO01/302050328#ixzz2K1xl63gn

KEVIN
    NO FIX FOR 13.5 MPG IM BETTING .....CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT

NO FIX FOR BAD RADIO RECEPTION THEY REPLACED RADIO AND SUPPOSEDLY ANTENA LOTS OF INTERFERENCE DROPPED STAIONS IN CHICAGO MARKET WHERE MY OLD CTS WORKED GREAT

TOUCH PAD SENSORS STILL A MESS GOT THE CAR BACK TODAY IN SHOP
    3 TIMES

AND THE SENSORS FOR HEAT ARE STILL NOT RIGHT NOW A/C BLOWS ON PASSENGER SIDE WHILE HEAT BLOWS ON DRIVERS SIDE AND DEFROST DOESNT WORK AT ALL AMAZING

GIVES US KNOBS BACK PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DONT BUY OR LEASE THIS CAR YET IT HAS LOTS OF BUGS AND THEY CANT SEEM TO FIX THEM SO FAR

I REALLY HOPED GM HAD A HIT WITH THE ATS BUT IT DOESNT SO FAR

KEVIN DEMPSEY
    So, how many chances does America get? Sounds like we're still in the 80's. Isn't it strang that foreign companies can come in here and build a quality product using local people, some even ex-union - even design, and our guys still can't get it right? What is the difference? Unions? (That should open up a can of worms, but there must be a reason.)

Cadillac to update CUE infotainment system for improved responsiveness
    2/6/2013 4:48AM by Alexis Santos

(Click for Image)

If unresponsiveness in Cadillac's CUE infotainment system has been a personal point of frustration, relief is on the way: an update to smooth things over is being worked on. CUE Design Manager Jeff Massimilla told Wired Magazine that the firm's received feedback regarding responsiveness, and they're working on "a modification that will be released sometime later this year." DONT BUY OR LEASE TILL ITS FIXED !

With the upgrade, the infotainment system will be more responsive and the touchscreen and capacitive buttons will provide haptic feedback more quickly. The Cadillac XTS and ATS are set to score the update, but there's still no exact date penciled in for the patch's arrival.
    DONT BUY OR LEASE TILL ITS FIXED !

Though vehicles could suck down the update with a built-in data connection, the software will need to be installed by a Cadillac dealership instead. Not a fan of having lost knobs and dials to a touchscreen in the first place?
    According to Cadillac VP of Marketing Don Butler, we'll see the likes of such analog controls complement the screen interface in the future. WHICH MEANS SOOOO MANY CUSTOMERS ARE COMPLAINING THEY ARE GOING TO PUT KNOBS FOR HEATING/AC AND RADIO BACK IN THE CAR IF THEY DONT NO BUYERS AND LOTS OF UNHAPPY NEW CUSTOMERS LIKE ME

CANT WAIT FOR THEM TO FIX POOR RADIO RECEPTION BAD ANTENNA SYSTEM

AND COME CLEAN ON THE TERRIBLE MPG PROBLEM ON TURBO ATS
    K.D.
  • sewellmgrsewellmgr Member Posts: 17
    I cannot speak to the repariability of the Run Flat tire... but I was once told that a major reason Cadillac elected to go with the runflats was due to that specific tires stiffer sidewall. The stiff sidewall allowed for increased performance and handling. And based on my experiances in the car so far it has worked! :)

Take that for what it is worth, I just recall hearing it.
  • carolyncafcarolyncaf Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2.5L 4 cyl ATS. The shift knob has a + and - in "D"rive. There is no mention of this in the manual. Do you use the minus to shift to a lower gear if you perhaps need more power??

Also, is anyone getting near 33 mpg? I might be getting 26. Or is there a breakin period?

Thanks ;)
    YOUR LUCKY I HAVE THE 4 TURBO SUPPOSED TO GET 21 /32

IM GETTING 15.5 MPG AND 23 MPG HWY WHAT A JOKE IM BETTTING THERE WILL BE A CLASS ACTION SUIT ON THIS

K.D.
    carolyncaf,
    We would be happy to check into your shift lever inquiry with a technical department here. Please forward us the last 8 digits of your VIN and inquiry via email at socialmedia@gm.com.

In regards to fuel economy, a typical engine will take 3 to 5 thousand miles to break in. Over this time period a gradual increase in fuel economy can be expected.

Regards, and congratulations on your new ATS!
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
    edited February 2013
    So, GM monitors forums on it's products? And actually responds? OK, now I'm impressed. Do you also monitor reviews etc? This is a great tool to get feedback. Of course it's only good if used to improve the product, which I assume a responsible MFR would do. Thanks for being here.

Some owners are reporting lousy gas mileage with the turbo engine. I would hope GM is on this with intensity as something like this will kill you. GM does not need to backslide. I take 'gradual' also implies minimal. If so, this will not pacify owners. Stay on it and come up with a solution if this is typical. If it's random, there is a lesson to be learned here. Work one on one with those owners. An owner with a resolved problem is something paid advertising can't do.

BTW, I drove an ATS with the 3.6 and I was impressed. That is saying something as the last GM - OR American product I bought was in the early 80's. We switched to Japanese cars and now own 2 BMW's - a Z3 and a newer 5 Series, so I have a tough standard live up to. Unfortunately the ATS is a but too small for us as we winter in the southwest and the trunk opening is just too small for what we haul, but hopefully GM now has the right mentality and formula. I hope that includes customer service. I anticipate next gen products if this formula is used. This is the first one to trip my trigger in many decades, but from time to time, I check back in. This time there was a pleasant surprise.

I do have an ATS high on my list for a second vehicle and fun car in a few years. Reliability and customer service - resolving problems as opposed to pacification over the next few years will determine if it stays on the list. The same applies to the BMW. Whem problems begin, it will be going down the road and I will not return. There are too many other options out there. I hope you will be one of them.
    Glad that we were able to make a positive impression on you. As social media agents, we do take down information when a thread on a vehicle issue grows and forward it for further review by other GM entities. We also work with people individually to try to get them set up with a dealership to get concerns checked into.
    Take care, and we'll see you around the forum,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • fearlessflyfearlessfly Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2013
    Can any current ATS owners address how their cars are performing and have you had any reliability issues. How do you think the ATS compares with the BMW 3 series and the Mercedes C-series? Thanks for your help!
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    It's not the unions. It's engineering and design. First, GM has not designed fuel efficient and reliable overhead cam engines that can compete with the Asian automakers. Also, with the possible exception of OnStar, their technology in the car is woefully unreliable.
    I HAVE HAD MY ATS TURBO FOR 6 WEEKS

I LOVE THE STYLE AND RIDE !

PROBLEMS MANY!

MPG GEEEZEEEE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO EPA RATING

CITY 21 IM GETTING 16

HWY 31 IM GETTING 25

I DID NOT GET THE CUE SYSTEM BECAUSE I KNEW THE SYSTEM HAD LOTS OF PROBLEMS EVEN THE STRIPPED DOWN TOUCH SCREEN I HAVE SUCKS

THE STERING WHEEL IS A MESS WITH SO MANY OPTIONS

THE RADIO IS POOR QUALITY I CANT GET RECEPTION IN MANY AREAS THAT MY OTHER CARS GET CLEAR RECEPTION THEY REPLACED RADIO AND ANTENNA AND STILL HAVE STATION STATIC ALL OVER TOWN CHICAGO SUBURBS NOT BOONIES

PS YOU CAN NO LONGER LEAVE YOUR CELL PHONE IN CAR CIGARETTE LIGHTER TO CHARGE

THE CHARGER GOES OFF AS SOON AS YOU TURN OFF ENGINE AND OPEN THE DOOR SO MY CELL PHONE IS DEAD IN AM

DELCO SAYS THEY DID THAT TO CONSERVE BATTERY LOL THUS THEY MUST HAVE CHEAP BATTERIES IN CAR MY CTS DOES NOT HAVE THAT PROBLEM

IF GM IS LISTENING TO US AND IM NOT SURE THEY ARE SINCE I KEEP GETTING CALLS FROM OVERSEAS INDIA TO TRY AND APPEASE ME LOL

THIS CAR MIGHT BE THE RIGHT CAR TO BUY NEXT YEAR OR IN TWO YEARS BUT NOT NOW. COME TO THINK OF IT I SUSPECT THEY CANT FIX MPG TOO MAJOR BUT THEY COULD FIX THE OTHER PROBLEMS
    Of course that's great, but it's what happens after you pass it on that counts.
    I like the handling and performance of the car, but the dash and Cue is an
    ergonomic nightmare.
    Thankfully i only lease it (extremely cheaply), 3 yrs. and it goes back.
    Just received a large hard covered book Fed-exed from Cadillac illustrating the history of the company. It came in like a fancy decorated black folder, which held the book. I honestly thought it was another I-Pad, because of the size and weight of it. Very unexpected.
    Has anyone else received this book from Cadillac?
  • bmb1767bmb1767 Member Posts: 64
    Good gosh. Don't you have something else to do instead of continually adding new entries. We understood you are unhappy. You have gotten your message across included with your shouting (caps is shouting on the internet, by the way.). Please stop your continual postings.
  • billherrmannbillherrmann Member Posts: 108
    Took delivery of turbo ATS in mid February. I've had them all:
    BMW, Lexus, Volvo, Infinity, Audi, Lincoln MKZ, and Cadillac CTS.
    The ATS has driving characteristics which are equal to, or superior
    to any of the above. It is powerful and agile and responds instantly
    to the slightest throttle input. It stops on a dime and is truly a thrill to drive. I offer and encourage my friends to take a test drive in my car, so that they can experience a luxury performance car.
    There are, however, two negatives:
    [ As reported in a previous post ] The touch screen is a nightmare.
    My attempts to control/change the audio or climate controls result in better than a 50% failure rate. A test of your patience.
    Knobs and buttons would be a 1000% improvement
    Gas mileage is terrible!!!!!! 17.5mpg combined!!!!!!!!
    I welcome your comments
    Knobs and buttons would be a 1000% improvement
    Gas mileage is terrible!!!!!! 17.5mpg combined!!!!!!!!
    I welcome your comments
    GM IS MONITORING THIS SITE SO HOPEFULLY THEY WILL OFFER $$$ TO TURBO OWNERS BEFORE THERE IS A CLASS ACTION SUIT ON MPG

ANOTHER CUSTOMER THAT CONFIRMS THE HUGE MPG PROBLEM AND THE SAME WITH TOUCH SCREEN

QUESTION : HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT THE QUALITY OF RADIO IS ALSO BELOW NORMAL STANDARDS ?

THANKS
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,499
    GM IS MONITORING THIS SITE. . .

Well, that's good to know, because nobody else is. I've never seen fewer posts made on a board related to a new, highly-regarded sports sedan. Either Edmunds has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel or no one on the planet is interested in the ATS.

Back when the Lincoln LS first came out in 1999 there were 34 posts in half a day, and when the CTS was introduced things were pretty lively as well.

Either way, the ATS is getting mixed reviews here, to put the best spin on it.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • billherrmannbillherrmann Member Posts: 108
    My radio performance is fine. This, however, is of little solace
    when I am forced to stop at every gas station to refuel.
    16.5 MPG OM MY ATS TURBO IS LESS THAN I GOT ON 7 YEAR OLD CTS WITH 6 CYL 3.6 VS 4 ATS CYL AND CTS HEAVIER CAR

WHAT THE HECK HAS GM DONE WITH THE TURBO THAT MADE IT SOO BAD ON MPG? AND HOW DID THEY GET THIS BY THE EPA RATINGS SYSTEM ?
    SOO MANY DRIVERS OF HUYNDAI REPORTED POOR MPG TO THE EPA THEY OPENED AN INVESTIGATON AND MANY HYUNDAI OWNERS ARE GETTING PREPAID GAS CARDS TO MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REAL AND FALSE MPG NUMBERS

HERE IS WHERE TO REPORT POOR MPG ON ATS TURBO

fueleconomy@ornl.gov
  • wonderwarthogwonderwarthog Member Posts: 50
    Please go away. We get it: You hate your car. Stop clogging up this forum with your whining.
    Seems like valid info to me. I wouldn't be happy either if I spent that much on a car and it wasn't as represented. Owners with this kind of lousy MPG certainly have a right to [non-permissible content removed] and he has provided something new. Why give Cadillac a pass? Certainly their testing told them this before they released it to an unknowing public. Pony up a fix, Cad, or pony up $$$. Class actions aren't cheap and only the lawyers win.
    YOUR AN IDIOT YOU CANT EVEN FIGURE OUT HOW TO BUY THE CAR BY YOURSELF LOL WARTHOG GOOD NAME!
    edited April 2013
    Maybe, but at least I know how to spell "you're". Even an idiot knows that. BTW, your (see the difference) comment makes no sense.
    Who's giving Cadillac a "pass"? Also, what makes any of this stuff "valid info"? Just sounds like sour grapes to me. Here are some facts for you: Everyone drives differently; mileage can vary widely. Altitude and atmospheric conditions can affect mileage. Most cars don't deliver their best mileage figures until after a break-in period of about 5-7,000 miles. If, however, these 2.0 turbos fail to approach their estimated mileage figures, Cadillac DOES need to do something. I would never deny that.
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    edited April 2013
    My sister has a Camaro. While she says she's looking for something to supplement her car for bad weather use, I think she's looking fr something to replace it.

She's looked at Accords, Acuras, Infinitis, and today an ATS.

I'm helping her. I hate Cadillacs. Buy, the ATS 4 cyl turbo is impressive....well built....good performer....comfy....handles well.

It should be on the short list for anyone looking at an A4 or 328i. Incentives are good right now, too.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,499
    it sounds like verifying actual gas mileage wouldn't be a bad plan.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Cdn....MPG has so many variables. I've never been able to replicate the EPA estimates, on any car. So, I understand those numbers are a guideline, but not gospel.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • blackillacblackillac Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I purchased the 2.0 Turbo 5 months ago. I really like it a lot. Handles great and 3 USBs along with Pandora and the CUE system are amazing features.
    I am not happy about the MPGs. I have been tracking my gas mileage and it's getting a bit better at 3500 miles but at first, I only got 17-18 mpg.
    My biggest complaint is when I drove my car the first night, I realized I didn't have Vertical LED Headlamps.
    Every AD and commercial showcased this amazing styling design that was a part of the reason I got the car.
    I learned the Vertical LED Headlamps are only available on certain trims BUT you wouldn't know that from any extensive research on their website or the "Compare trims side by side" webpage.
    After many calls to GM and Customer Service Chats, I was informed that they are buried in a part of a feature called "High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps" even though they are not mechanically part of the HID headlamps. Unfortunately, they are only standard on the two most expensive trims.
    BIG bummer. Even the dealer had no idea when I brought up my concern. They did offer to install some for me for $550 dollars.
    That with the low MPGs is just false advertising.
    I still recommend the car because it's amazing. Just make sure you go over these features with a fine toothed comb so you get home with all the features you want.
    Very informative post. I really like the looks of the ATS and considered it when I was new car shopping in the Fall, but it would have blown up the budget optioned the way I wanted it. I "settled" on a Volvo S60 T5. Very happy and the highway MPH is consistently over 30. It also has the feature of the headlights turning as you turn the wheel, which helps on poorly lit roads. Anyway, the ATS is a great looking car with a lot of nice features. Enjoy.
  • busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    GM IS MONITORING THIS SITE. . .

Well, that's good to know, because nobody else is. I've never seen fewer posts made on a board related to a new, highly-regarded sports sedan. Either Edmunds has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel or no one on the planet is interested in the ATS.

Back when the Lincoln LS first came out in 1999 there were 34 posts in half a day, and when the CTS was introduced things were pretty lively as well.

Either way, the ATS is getting mixed reviews here, to put the best spin on it.

90 days after that comment, and so few postings... Seems a bit strange for a strongly hyped and advertised new model.

I wonder why so few comments, both positive and negative....
    Have had my ATS 2.0T for about 5 months now, and feel i've made a good choice so
    far.

Positives:
    Good looks
    Great handling and power
    Good comfort
    Very cheap lease
    Good Cadillac service

Negatives:
    Don't like Cue, would rather have buttons and switches for all controls.
    Fair gas mileage
    Crappy Bose sound
    Very small trunk

I know a lot of these things are subjective, but these are just my observations. Hope this helps someone. :shades:
  • newatsnewats Member Posts: 2
    Love this car. Have less than 700 miles on it. Combined city and highway has gone from 16 to 20. I do hope that with more miles I get more gas mileage. For me it is not a deal breaker.

I LOVE the handling, appearance and comfort. CUE and I get along just fine. Not experiencing any Turbo lag. Car has been responsive.

It took several trips to two different dealers to find this car. One dealerships had only non-turbo models without Nav systems. Two trips to my local dealer and I found this car. It is loaded with all the tech stuff I wanted, the lane departure, blind spot detection, HUD. I did settle on the available color, but now like it very much.