Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

RPMs too high after oil change....

dragonmaidendragonmaiden Member Posts: 3
edited February 2013 in Chevrolet
I got my oil changed Saturday at the same place I always go to. Drove a short distance Sunday, didn't notice any issues. Today (Monday) I go to get on the highway to come to work and my check engine light comes on and suddenly I can't accelerate without the RPMs going up like I'm revving the engine. to go 50 mph, the tach was at 5. I plan to take it back to the place that changed the oil this afternoon but I'm really scared to drive it...what could cause this?

Comments

• Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    We're sorry to hear about this incident, dragonmaiden. Was the service center that performed the oil change one of our GM dealerships? if so, let us know if you would like for us to follow up on anything with them.

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • Options
    No Sarah, the transmission shop I took it too said the check engine codes were about the transmission and that my car was still under warranty for it...so I took it to a Chevy dealership service department nearby. After a day & a half of waiting for them to diagnose the problem, I was told today that it was NOT my transmission but there were 4 wires broken going between my fuses and my transmission that were the problem. I was also told that because it wasnt the transmission, it wasnt covered under the 100K warranty and I would have to pay the almost 500.00 myself....even though the broken wires go to the transmission and caused it to not shift out of first. I will pay the money - using my next months rent money - because I need my car to get to work but I feel that I'm being shafted - I feel ANY transmission issue, whether inside the transmission itself or the wires leading to it should be covered under that warranty but the man I spoke with at the service department said absolutely not. I am a single parent and a veteran living paycheck to paycheck and this is an expense I cannot afford but what else can i do?
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    dragonmaiden,
    Thank you for your service to our country, and we're sorry to hear that the repair isn't something covered under the powertrain warranty. We can get you more information about the warranty, if you like. Please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with your name and contact information, as well as the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage.
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • Options
    I sent an email to that address this morning. I dont want an explanation of the warranty, What I want is my money refunded because even though it was a wiring issue, it was the TRANSMISSION wiring which as far as I'm concerned should be covered under the warranty. I've owned Chevys 98% of my adult life but after this, I can't honestly say that I will get another one nor that I would recommend Chevy to my family/friends in the larket for a new car. All of my friends who have heard my story have been outraged that I had to pay for the repair. I'd like ot get a contact email for the CEO of the company if I could, thanks