Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• elecbluestreakelecbluestreak Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 07 Santa Fe and am looking for some accessories to make it look sporty and different. So far I have put a bra on the front and ventshades on the windows. I seen some chrome kits but they are very pricey from Hong Kong. Does anyone know of some web sites to find detailing accessories? I want to get the chrome for the headlights, tail lights, fog lights, a deck lid cover, a fuel door cover? If anyone had an idea please let me know.
  • lucky15lucky15 Member Posts: 72
    Try koreanautoimports.com, I have purchased several items from them, all quality so far.
  • russo5russo5 Member Posts: 8
    Be sure to look on eBay.
    There's alot of stuff there that you can find for your SF.
    I'm thinking about getting the illuminated door sills.
    After reading your post, I had to look at the window sticker from my Sante Fe and it also list cargo net and all that I received is a small luggage net which is almost useless, as it were I also have a 2004 Hyundai xg350 which has the cargo net and since my wife uses the Sante Fe more for groceries, I put it in hers and it works fine, probably the same one that was suppose to be in ours, it must be a standard size net for certain Hyundai`s, I also will be contacting Hyundai for the same reason soon.
  • patches2patches2 Member Posts: 13
    Can anyone tell me if installing HID Headlights would void the warrenty or anything. I know hyundai is out to screw you anyway they can. :confuse:
  • gunga64gunga64 Member Posts: 271
    We kept our cargo net from our sienna 2001 and it fits in the santa fe 07. It connects to the 2 black knobs in the back. We also have the net that came with it on the floor not sure its good for much being flat though.
  • wstuebenwstueben Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Santa Fe w/135,000 miles on it. I run with my headlights on all the time. They shut off when you turn off the ignition. I have only had 2 bulbs burn out. I always replace both at the same time. Doesn't seem to be any big problem. Hope this helps.
  • vegito1971vegito1971 Member Posts: 24
    I own a 2006 Santa Fe 3.5L AWD and a 2005 Elantra GLS. I have seen ads for this Surge Performance Chip popping up when I do searches for accessories. Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with using one of these?

Of course I have three major concerns with any modification. First, will it in any way damage my power-train or lead to premature wear and/or failure? Second, will it void or compromise my warranty? Third, does it really translate into a real-world difference?
  • sdseabreezesdseabreeze Member Posts: 9
    Has anyone heard or know of this? What I notice is that if I leave my radio on when I turn off the engine, the next day, the battery is drained and I can't start my car. It sputters and tries to turn over but cannot start. Again, this morning I went out to start my car and it won't start, then I remembered I left the radio on when I turned off my car last night. Finally, it got a kick start and the engine started and my radio began playing. I turned off my radio, turned off the engine, started the car and it started right up.

My sister had same problem in her 2005 Hyundai Tuscon.
  • pelican19pelican19 Member Posts: 323
    You have to ask yourself some basic questions first:
    Do I care about the warranty?
    Do I care about fuel economy?

If the answer to both is no then read on.

There are a few quality manufacturers of " Performance Chips ". Some even claim better fuel economy if that is the performance enhancement your looking for. Most increase power and optimize shifting patterns. These chips will not cause pre-mature wear on your vehicle, YOU will with the added power. See where I am going with this. IMO stay away from them on your Hyundais. These vehicles were not made for hard driving. The 3.5 in your Santa is beafy enough with the sport shift. Its more fun to find the sweet spot on your own with the sport shift then to allow the chip to do it for you in automatic.

If I have not changed your mind by now then research some of the better ones that allow you to make changes via a laptop and monitor the mixture, shift patterns and so on. Your best bet is to vist a local speed shop for more info. They will also advise on additional changes to muffller and intake for additional boosts in performance.

I made some simple low cost changes to my 92 Bonneville that returned a 42hp increase on the dyno.
  • somedai1somedai1 Member Posts: 416
    yeah - i would say be careful to find a reputable chip as well - some of the supposed chips only bypass the air temperature sensor to fool the computer into thinking it's cold all the time so the performance is revved up whether it is cold or not....
  • wamba2000wamba2000 Member Posts: 146
    OK, call me asleep at the switch....
    I just purchased a 2008 SE. It includes a roof rack, at least that is what I read. When I looked more closely, it includes the "side rails" for the roof rack. The Crossbars are an optional item.

Since I have a Yakima Cargo box and bars I have used on my Honda Element, has anyone used a Yakima setup with the side rails? Has anyone purchased the crossbars from Hyundai, and what amount of highway robbery can I expect to get a set?

Thanks in advance.
  • phreddd3phreddd3 Member Posts: 7
    I got a luggage net from Freeman Hyundai - Irving Texas for $12 and $7.50 shipping. They want $18 + shipping now. Also got a cargo tray for $14 + $7.50 shipping
  • phreddd3phreddd3 Member Posts: 7
    I bought my 2007 SE AWD in October. Roof racks with the cross rails were included
  • drwoodrdrwoodr Member Posts: 88
    I have a 2007 SE, but it also came with cross bars.
  • vegito1971vegito1971 Member Posts: 24
    Thanks. I was honestly skeptical of them myself. I have seen some ads claiming 15-20 HP boost AND 2-3 MPG. Obviously with gas prices the way they are, the 2-3 MPG claim is tempting, though I am doubtful. But the 15-20 HP gain would have been sweet even if the gas mileage stayed the same. I tried a HyperTech Power Chip years back on my 89 Mustang 5.0L and did not notice squat then. But it was already pretty peppy so a small gain might go unnoticed. I was just curious more than serious. I'll stick with simple things like synthetic oil and the K&N air filter. I doubt that the chips would help much anyway even if they do work.
  • kdahlquistkdahlquist Member Posts: 130
    Roof rack crossbars are indeed optional on the 2008 Santa Fe, while they were standard on the '07. I was in for service on my 07 Limited AWD recently, and was talking to my salesman about the differences between the 07 and 08 and that is one of the things he pointed out. I think he said that the crossbars cost around $200 from the dealer.
  • cws05cws05 Member Posts: 9
    Recently, my father in-law noticed (or rather DIDN'T notice) how difficult it was to see the 07 Santa Fe's red turn signals while following behind me, especially while I was braking. I've seen replacement clusters w/ the amber turn signals available at:

www.koreanautoimports.com

They offer both the Euro (clear lens + amber bulb) and a LED conversion (more $$$).

I was wondering if anyone has swapped out their original taillight clusters for either one of these and how difficult it was? Also, will this void any warranty?

With drivers already distracted by the myriad of things they shouldn't be doing while driving, I can "see" ;) an increased potential for possible rear-end collisions happening with the current design.
  • pelican19pelican19 Member Posts: 323
    It was very easy. Simply replaces existing housing.
    Clear w/ amber bulb...

A
  • mpuzachmpuzach Member Posts: 635
    This looks like a great mod. So does their bumper light kit - it replaces the stock "dead" red lenses in the rear bumper with lights that actually illuminate. Supposedly they can be set up as taillights, brake lights, or turn signals. When I inquired about them, though, they told me that they don't have any wiring instructions for them. Pretty retarded if you ask me. They went on to say that since there are no instructions provided, they recommend paying a professional to do the installation and wire splicing. I can only wonder how many sales they've lost because of this. They definitely lost mine.
  • cws05cws05 Member Posts: 9
    Great, I'll be placing my order soon for the turn signals.

Any chance to get post a photo of the signal mod "in action"?

The bumper lights look like they have some potential as well, though having to snake the wires and splice into main housing may be more trouble than it's worth, especially without an installation guide.
  • curtamouscurtamous Member Posts: 5
    Hey, I have an 07 SF Limited with a trailer hitch to connect my dirt bike carrier. With my bike on the back of the car it adds about 250 pounds. This makes the car squat and bottom out a bit.

I found a solution! I installed these hard rubber bushings between the springs of my rear coil springs. This gives it much better support and feels great without it too! The coil spring bushings were only $5 and it makes a world of difference.

I don't have a 3rd row seat but I can only imagine for those that do, if you load 1 or 2 adults back there the car must squat and bottom out at times.

Try these coil spring boosters... I bought them at Advanced Auto Parts.

To install, just jack up each back tire separately and force these rubber bushings between the coils!
  • benoscbenosc Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had these installed? Are they worth the nearly $500 cost? Are there more reasonably priced sources of supply? I'm interested in running boards, i.e. NOT the tubular type. It seems Hyundai has withdrawn their own running boards. Any info on source and general comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • orzecaporzecap Member Posts: 10
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a good cargo tray for the 7 passenger 2007 Santa Fe. I've called Hyundai and I've also contacted the sites on Ebay, but no one has one for this vehicle. Anyone with options?

Thanks,
    Tony
    What about this?

klik
    mpuzach,
    I tried these guys. They replied back that they only have cargo trays for the 5 passenger model.
    It looks like this one fits 5 and 7-passenger models. Pretty ingenious.

klik
  • fred63fred63 Member Posts: 23
    I have had that tray for my Santa Fe and it does fit pretty good. I also have the 7-passenger model and the cargo tray folds up when you are using the third row of seats. The material is like a foam-not real thick and very lightweight. Saves the cargo area from getting trashed.
    Fred63 / mpuzach,
    Thanks. I've ordered this.

Fred63,
    You mentioned that it's foam-like. Does it hold-up well. Will the foam dent and look bad if I place some heavy items on it?
  • todd80todd80 Member Posts: 6
    I also have the touring package (7 passenger), but my interior is beige.
    I'm not sure that I want to go with a black or gray cargo liner. Does anyone know of a beige or a clear liner that would work in the 7 passenger model?

Also, could I just buy a liner for the 5 passenger model? I noticed that, for example, the weathertech mats say they only fit the 5 passenger model. Can't I just throw the liner on top of the seat when it's folded down and then pull out the liner if I need to use the third row?--and it's not like there's that much space back there once the third row is up, so I doubt that I'd be storing anything back there.

Or is there someone with the beige interior and a darker liner that can post some pics so I can see what it would look like? I really like that one on ebay, but I just don't know if I should put a dark liner in the beige interior.

Thanks!
  • thenetguythenetguy Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2008 Santa Fe SE. The hidden storage space in the back is cavernous which is good and bad. The bad part is that everything I put in there slides around too much. There are grooves for dividers but I can't seem to find where to purchase the dividers. Any suggestions? Please let me know. Thanks
    My 2007 came with dividers. (I don't remember how many; at least 2, I believe.)
  • drwoodrdrwoodr Member Posts: 88
    My 2007 also came with 2 dividers. First the roof rack cross bars, and now the cargo bay dividers, is Hyundai getting like Honda on the 2008s, making accessories like these dealer options?
  • hammer19hammer19 Member Posts: 31
    I've been contemplating upgrading my 2007 Santa Fe's stereo. The factory one I currently have is pretty basic with the MP3, single-play CD and no built-in XM Radio. I want to use my iPod and get rid of MP3 discs altogether, so I have been looking at Alpine iPod-friendly units, plus I've seen some info on adapters that allow you to still use the steering wheel controls. I've currently got a nice Alpine deck in my '03 Maxima SE but it doesn't have an adapter for the steering wheel controls in it at all. Has anyone out there looked into this and can advise me if it's a good idea. I love the Santa Fe but the stereo in it is pretty limited and the MP3 shuffle is very frustrating at times.....it's about the only complaint I have about it since buying it last August...........any advice?
    Thanks.
    I, too was disappointed with the standard (non-Infinity with XM) stereo in my 2007 Limited but in different ways. To me, the sound quality simply wasn't acceptable regardless of which source I listened to. I ended up replacing all of the factory speakers with Polks (components in the front, single drivers in each back door). I also added an MTX external amplifier (mounted under the front passenger seat). The improvement was dramatic, even without a subwoofer. True, I still don't have multiple disc capability or an MP3 input but those things aren't as important to me as maintaining use of the steering wheel buttons and keeping the stock look of the center stack (which IMO is one of the Santa Fe's strongest visual highlights). Between XM and MP3 discs, I'm fine.
  • rugzyrugzy Member Posts: 16
    Can anyone tell me if the upgraded Infinity stereo has a speed sensitive option on it so that the volume adjusts for the speed you are going?
  • oscar_gataoscar_gata Member Posts: 96
    It adjusts, but only by 3 - 5 decibels.
  • kdahlquistkdahlquist Member Posts: 130
    I made the exact same upgrade that you did! I had Polk Audio speakers (components in front and coaxials in the rear) installed, along with a 4x100 MTX amp under the front passenger seat. The amp was a tight fit and required some slight trimming of the air duct, but wow! It sounds great!

I haven't replaced the head unit, yet. I'd like one that has a good ipod interface (displays track info on the head unit and allows control of the ipod from the head unit), HD radio, and that has an adapter that works with the Santa Fe's steering wheel controls. The ones I've looked at in the past had adapters for Honda and Toyota steering wheel controls, but not the 07+ Santa Fe, so I've so far not made the upgrade. I probably will make the upgrade in the next year, though.
  • altibirdaltibird Member Posts: 1
    Hi: I have a 2004 and I want to add another power outlet up front on the center console. I figure the easiest way would to connect to either the cigarette lighter or the other power outlet. How do I gain access to the back area, or is there an easier way to do this? thanks much
  • thenetguythenetguy Member Posts: 2
    I own a 2008 Santa Fe and I've been searching for dividers for the cargo area in the back. I have found someone that sells them but they are very expensive. Does anyone know of other places and, more importantly, I'm I the only one that wants these dividers? Please let me know. Thanks
  • eartileseartiles Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2007 SF GLS and want to install fog lights. Does anyone know if all models are prewired to install the factory fog light? If so, do I only need to purchase the lights and the dash switch from the dealer? Thanks.
  • mgarzamgarza Member Posts: 1
    If you find out if it is wired, please let me know i also want to get fog lights on my santa fe.
    If fog lights are not installed, GLS models are not wired for them.
    Just my luck. Do you know if it would be difficult to wire in the factory fog lights?
    I have a base GLS manual transmission model that I was thinking about adding fog lights to it. You can actually get the lights and the switch ok. But since the wiring is not there, you would need to jerry rig the power and I did not want to do that.
    Are you sure the wiring isn`t there? My2007 GLS has fog lights but they came with the touring pkg.,or premium pkg, I don`t recall which. If the wiring isn`t there then mine was done at the factory and not at the dealers.
    The GLS Touring Package came with fog lights, so the wiring was there. :)
    But if you didn't get the Touring Package, the fog light wiring wasn't there. :(
    When I did the plant tour, they said that there was an ungodly number of Santa Fe wiring harnesses. I know that Toyota doesn't do it that way: they have just a few harnesses and use caps to cover unused connectors. For Santa Fe, Hyundai didn't do it that way (to my regret). :cry:
  • jimsistjimsist Member Posts: 62
    ;) i have a 2007 gls with the auto light kit now jf you look at the relay box under the hood you will find the fog light relay.now lf you buy the fog lamp switch from hyundai and look at the wireing on hyma service you will be able to wire it in to the switch and the auto light switch it will work fine. if you dont want that then wire it to just the relay and dash switch either way it will work.buy the wire from pep boys hyundai does not sell the wires..on the 2008 now it would be a lettle harder because of the change they made.
    This is good news. Thank you for the follow-up. I have a question though, where can I find the "hyma service" you referred to for the wiring?
This discussion has been closed.