Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Saab 9-3 X

revkarevka Member Posts: 1,750
And to start, here's some Saab 9-3X information from Edmunds' coverage of the 2002 Detroit Auto Show.

What do you think?

Revka
Host
Hatchbacks & Station Wagons Boards

Comments

• Options
    revkarevka Member Posts: 1,750
    "The 9-3X is powered by an all-aluminum-alloy, 2.8-liter V6, which features double overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder and variable valve timing, and makes 280 horsepower."

Read the full story here: Saab 9-3X, Offroading Saab Style. Thanks for your comments!

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks & Station Wagons Boards
  • Options
    irish21irish21 Member Posts: 12
    I rarely like redesigns and Saab is no different. But then Massachusetts will probably call it a high theft vehicle when the rest of the country rates it low.
  • Options
    vigorousvigorous Member Posts: 15
    As an empty-nester whose 18-year old will inherit the '99 Saab 9-3, the 9X will be my/our next car. Ideal for cross country touring, stopping at well-researched bed 'n breakfasts over long distances, I will retire with one of these whether my wife likes it or not.

The 9-3X will be a slightly higher, heavier, more powerful, slightly bigger variant of the 9x with AWD. I feel at this time I won't need this variant.

If I sound like a Saab person, I am. Saabs have the second highest resale to former customer rate of any EU-North American cars after Porsche. There are reasons for this. Design integrity has a lot to do with it. The 9-x/9-3x have design integrity in spades. Saab people are excited and well they should be. Saab is doing all GM's chassis and new engine work in the EU.
  • Options
    rkuehnrkuehn Member Posts: 120
    You sound like you are well informed... what is the latest you have heard on 9-3X production?

I have been told best case 18 months from now, perhaps two years, perhaps not at all, etc.

Apparently 9-X will also be producted but at a later time.
  • Options
    grray11grray11 Member Posts: 1
    Just read in an Edmund's test drive of the 9-3 Linear that a "9X AWD will be avialbale for delivery year end 2003." Anybody have any additional information?
This discussion has been closed.