Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac GTO

Comments

• hammen2hammen2 Member Posts: 1,284
    Not sure where you are in California. DMS in Dublin (SF Bay area) seems to be an ace dealer and they definitely have the '05 hood for under $500 before paint.

JHP, http://www.jhp.com.au, can set you up with everything you need to Monaro-ize your car (front fascia, badging, et. al.).

Hope you get your misfire issue sorted out,

--Robert
    I read on autoweek.com that GM is reviving its rwd plans...

Yep. See my post from a couple back. Looks like we will see a next-gen GTO in MY2009 or so, even though the current model will definitely die after MY2006.

With the way Pontiac's investing in GTO racing, no way they will let this platform die and not come up with a suitable replacement, unless GM is hurting more than anyone realizes (and we know they are hurting, just not how bad)...

--Robert
  • coresellercoreseller Member Posts: 40
    I know I'll sound like a weeny here but the brakes, motor, tranny, etc. on the '04 were plenty enough for me. The drive by wire system also was on my list of reasons to jump on the '04, I would of appreciated a better traction control unit though. Let's face it, unless you are taking the car to the track (road course or drag strip), in day to day driving the difference between the '04 and '05 are mainly cosmetic especially when driven as a grand touring car. The improvements you speak of are well appreciated by me, I own a track car and know a thing or two about what it takes to go, stop and turn faster. Also to be honest, the GM Fire Sale last December made the decision pretty easy for me.
  • musclecars4memusclecars4me Member Posts: 47
    If I got a great deal on a 2004 I would have bought it over my 2005 no questions asked. I did get employee discount & 1k rebate on 2005 so I was happy.

All mfg are going to the drive by wire. It has been used sucessfully on the C5 Vette since 1997.
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    hey there skippy! yeah, if someone was local i'd consider swapping my 05 hood for an 04. i see you are in the golden state though... and i'd still have to get it painted. so if i do go for a hood swap it will probably be part of a full "stealth makeover" like that ex-nascar dude did. but i'm so busy that i probably won't have time to do jack squat to the car other than drive it and bring it in for whatever regular services though. if i could wave a magic money wand i'd get it all done, but every dealer visit is a major pita in my too busy workin-slug/makin-the-donuts life.
    i never had any misfiring problemo. i gotta remember to check the oil though. at work today a dude reported his pal had a CTS-V that was a quart low after 2000 miles, blew a tire, then blew the tranny. ouch. my LS1 Z28 burned a quart about every 6k miles even after it was broken in. none of my LT1 Z28s ever burned a drop of oil, but burned plenty of rear tires of course, oh yeah. i wonder whether the LS2s burn any oil, especially when new.
    australia - i gotta visit that down under place some time!
  • ausstarausstar Member Posts: 21
    I have an 04 and as soon as i get it back from the shop I am going to slowly turn it in to what it really is... the monaro from my home land Aus!! It will still be the gto which is a blend I love but there are some things that Aussies do better with the car. The hood and the wing deal is one of them. Imonty gave me a cool website www.jhp.com.au check it out and youll see some wings that are much more stealth like.
    i hear ya, ausstar. i do see them thar stealth spoilers on jhp down under - nice! i might call those folks to get the aussie rear bumper piece which doesn't say "GTO". GM seems unable to provide me with the american rear bumper part which says "GTO" - maybe they are too busy building 06s with any such new parts they produce.
    at first i was considering a stealth makeover to avoid attracting boy-racer drivers. but the real problem seems to be that the car attracts cops even when i drive it exactly the same as i've driven my volksy TDIs for the last 80k miles. i drove Z28s for decades too so i know that f-body/goat drivers have to play by the book more than 'generic' car drivers do. i'm trying, really! i don't think a stealth makeover is going to solve my "cop magnet" problem with this goat. my latest strategy is to avoid driving in the fast lane here. (the *right lane* is the fast lane). the mass cop who tagged me last week was so irate that i thought he was going to lose it and punch me out - this despite my total respect/honesty with him, and following all the rules-when-pulled-over 'by the book'. i've never had luck with mass cops, although it's been 16 years since one last bagged me. they must feed those guys cranky-pills at the barracks or something. they scare me.
    if driving the car 60 mph on the highway is the only way to avoid tickets, i'm going to have to trade it! waaaaah waaaaah waaaah!
    whats up Monty. This the aussie that replied to you the other day about my GTO in the States. I am going to turn my gto into a monaro HSV gts or something along those lines. Do you know any good reliable sources in Aus that can ship me the ready painted body kits?? My Family is all In Perth and my Dad wants to use the car for Australia week that he organises in LA in Jan- Feb. I figure I need , aswell as the body kit, the steering wheel cover and replacement badges and maybe the plastic engine covers.
    Thanks mate
    What a pain in the [non-permissible content removed]... you might want to have the exhaust toned down a bit. thats the problem I have as everyone can hear you even with the stock sound... but I love that too much to quieten it. Maybe turn it into a Cadilac Catera coupe.. cops might think twice then.. ha ha what colour is your car again?
    no that s exactly whats happening. I got my 04 that has 5000 miles on it for 25K, and that was from a dealership. The employee discount thing is kicking everything down. I got the car at about 6K below the original sticker just because they sell for less on the net
  • mojojojo24mojojojo24 Member Posts: 24
    "at first i was considering a stealth makeover to avoid attracting boy-racer drivers"

Ok. A little bit of an aside here, but I guess I don't understand this. I've owned several performance cars (Firebird, Lightning, now a Mustang GT), and I have no problems with the boy-racer drivers. I don't race them. I don't pay attention to them, and if they want to drive fast off the line with their Rice Burner Type-RS Spec B Turbo Ultra Super Sport with the ridiculously large glass pack exhausts and wings that could put a 747 aloft and clear out all the cops on the road, that's fine too. What do they do, exactly, that makes them so feared, beyond act like fools and stare over at you, trying to get a race going?

"but the real problem seems to be that the car attracts cops even when i drive it exactly the same as i've driven my volksy TDIs for the last 80k miles."

This is part of the price to play, unfortunately. If you drive an attention getting car, you will get attention. When you see them, just don't drive like a yob, and let the goofballs who are trying to race you, above, get all the tickets. If you're being normal, the most the 5-0 can do is stare and sputter like Jackie Gleason.
  • blackflag3blackflag3 Member Posts: 29
    Question:
    What advantage if any, do the 18" wheels, have over the standard equipment
    17" ones? My 05 GTO came with the 18" wheel option.
    Tires are Bridgestone Potenza P235/40Z/R18
    The suspension geometry is set up for 18" wheels, so in theory it will handle/corner better. The Bridgestones are a summer-only tire, so that should help performance in the dry (hope you weren't planning to drive it in snow, at least, not without changing the tires).
    Ride quality is supposedly noticeably worse with the 18" (due to the lower profile rubber), but I've seen arguments erupt over this issue.

I'm thinking about putting CV8-R 18"ers on my GTO when my tires are gone, however I want to ride in a similarly-equipped car first, to make sure the ride isn't back-breaking, since I live in the upper Midwest (can you say concrete expansion joints?)

--Robert
    thanks ausstar, yeah, i like the exhaust too much to tone it down. it's quiet enough as long as i don't downshift & goose it.

mojojojojojojo, in my earliest posts on the forum i described what the boy racers have done. i'll repeat: i don't engage them at all, i just drive normally. actually racing on the street is a HUGE (and criminal) violation! not gonna do it. these youngsters have done WILD stuff to "demonstrate" something in their civics or whatever crapboxes - dangerous stuff - changing lanes 3 at a time, driving in the breakdown lane, intentionally blocking me from doing low-speed lane-changes in city traffic, massively tailgating other cars on the highway. all this stuff happened in the first week when i was driving the car really gingerly, really slow, staying in one lane, doing *nothing* - just putt- putt-ing along with city or highway traffic. my fear is more for the other drivers who don't see these yutzes coming - i can easily stay back and away from them, the brakes to stay away from them but they surprise the other drivers ahead as they zig & zag. i'm tellin ya man, people are nuts around here.

last week i was driving the tdi in the right lane, slowly since i had extra time before an appt - same day i got tagged for 85 in a 65 at 5:30AM. i heard a really weird/loud noise approaching - a dude in some small sedan came by at about 90 mph - driving with NO TIRE on his right front rim. the bottom of the car was scraping along, massive smoke and sparks emitting. somehow the dude retained control! all the other cars moved away to let him pass - it was just like out of the show _cops_ - but no cops was chasing the guy! i called 911 and they were all over it, asking me where the guy was going. but he was going so fast i didn't bother to keep up - and seriously i was scared to try to keep up. later i called them back to tell them that i had gotten a partial plate # and to give a better description of the car - they told me they had already bagged the guy. it was one of the freakiest things i'd seen in 25 years of driving. but yeah, that one had zilch to do with the goat - i was driving the tdi at the time. weird car karma though :)

as for the 5-0, as long as they don't single me out i'll be fine.
    but when *all* the cars are doing 80 mph in a 55 or a 65, the cop can pull over whoever he wants to. "i was just going with the flow of traffic" does not hold up at all for the clerks/courts in MA.
    and there's no way i'm going to actually drive the speed limit on the highway ! pfooey on that.

for years i've been driving in the right lane (80 mph) with my TDIs. apparently the TDIs are stealthy enough to do that. but with the goat, i gotta be on much better behavior. i drove Z28s for decades but not since 2004. with the Z28s i definitely had to drive with "better behavior" than the average-sedan-driver . after driving stealthy TDIs (like a jetta wagon) for a couple years, i've lost my "best behavior" touch. it's like i'm the "mr invisible" guy who used to be invisible but doesn't know that he got coated with paint or dust and is not invisible any more. ;) i don't suppose jessica alba does that in that fantastic-4 movie, eh - it's the cliche thing that happens whenever someone is invisible in movies/cartoons, know what i mean?

i'm actually thinking of putting 245/45 blizzaks onto the goat and driving it this winter. i did that with all 5 my Z28s (and one v8 firechicken) and never regretted it...
  • blackflag3blackflag3 Member Posts: 29
    Robert, thanks for the input. I suspected it had to have something to do with handling. The car won't be driven in the snow or on salted streets. I have another car for those situations. You can be assured the ride isn't backbreaking.
    It rides pretty good as far as I'm concerned.....
  • preformancenutpreformancenut Member Posts: 22
    I agree 100% and I am still waiting for some one to make a functional ram air kit for those scoops. Lingenfelter has a cold air kit for the GTO but it does not utilize the scoops,it follows the factory routing and runs an open air filter,not what i want.
    I checked two company's Hammen told me about but have seen nothing on either site.
  • sputterguysputterguy Member Posts: 383
    About a month ago I posted a picture of my old Firebird 400 which had the hood scoops. So you know I like hood scoops, real or fake. But I needed a car last year and couldn't wait til the '05's came out. But the '04 is a real fine car in it's own right. I'll be checking out the '06's though.
    Yo mate. I have the silver '04 also. Do you have the manual or auto? I just turned 9000 miles and haven't had a mechanical problem yet. With 5k miles you must still be under warranty. Is your car in the shop for the misfiring? Hope you get it fixed. Keep pushing them about the shifter. They don't like to bother with it but they will if they have too.

You bought a GTO so keep it a GTO. I thought it would have been better just to import the Monaro instead of calling it a GTO but after seeing a picture of a Monaro, the Pontiac front end is much better looking. Awesome in fact. The Monaro front end looks like a Ford Taurus to me.
    Advantage of 18" tires and wheels?

Handling, traction, and braking.
    Ticketed at 5:30am? Bummer! That's when I'm coming in to work and about the only time I get to really open up the goat.
    yeah got the gto out of the shop, it was just a minor electrical problem. The shifter part is coming next week and I have the manual tranni. I think i am going to get the B&M short throw shifter and have them put it in at the same time. The Monaro is a better looking car but I am talikng about the HSV Monaro. Have a look at this pic and youll see what i am going to turn it into.
    Thanks for you response mate. Look at this link.
    http://www.jhp.com.au/enlarge-gto.php?image=img/products/sedan/body_kits/monaro/cv8-gts-1-- h.jpg
    Do yourself a favor, do NOT buy the B&M - it is a piece of junk. Lots of unhappy owners on another GTO board have pulled theirs out due to problems. A far better alternative is the GM Motorsport Ripshift (another Aussie product), available from JHP or LS1Speed.

Disclaimer: I'm not associated with JHP, LS1Speed, or GMMotorSport. I am lazy enough to have an A4 vehicle, so I can't even comment with personal experience on the issue. Just passing along what I've read elsewhere...
  • dburger66dburger66 Member Posts: 10
    Couple of questions...This came off of jhp's website, "Improve performance with a Genuine 300kw HSV MAF pipe, designed for non-restrictive airflow. Performance gain is approximately 5kw plus." Is this thing sort of like a K&N and how much horse power is 5kw? Is it worth the cost? Thanks! :)
    yeah, the 5:30AM ticket was a bumma. around here they usually don't ticket at all during rush-hour, but just-before or just-after, watch out!
    hammen2, thanks again for the jhp info - i've ordered the rear bumper piece as well as the side lights.
    i encountered 2 more racers over the weekend, a boy racer and a girl racer. the guy was in a sweet looking yellow previous-gen mustang GT. he clearly wanted to race me on 3-lane highway - i stayed right and waved him past and gave him a thumbs up. the girl racer was in an audi S4 - i stayed in the middle lane on the highway when i saw her coming, after she ate some exhaust when we were side-by-side at a stoplight. on the highway she blew by at about 100 mph. no thumbs-up for her . maybe if her S4 was yellow i would have given the thumbs up. i do like yellow even though my goat is grey!
    One of the big things that a K&N will do for an '04 is provide a bigger pipe from the intake to the MAF. GM also did this on the '05 GTO.

I have heard that using the larger JHP MAF with the stock airbox, with two holes cut in the bottom, can provide close to the power gains of using a K&N cone, without the debate over heat soak, or deviating much from the stock look (i.e. your dealership service department might not notice the wider pipe or the holes in the bottom of the stock airbox, whereas they'd definitely see the K&N cone).

I haven't decided which way I'm going to go. I've seen dynos of an auto '04 that got 12+ rwhp from a K&N, so it is a worthwhile upgrade (also adds a louder intake sound, which you may prefer...

--Robert
  • dburger66dburger66 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks Robert, I have an '05 A4, are you saying it would be a waste of money for me or are there significant gains for the '05's with a K & N? Thanks again!
    There is still a gain from adding a K&N filter, it just isn't as significant as on the '04's. I wouldn't do the JHP MAF tube on an '05, though.

I have heard of a couple of issues with the K&N on an '05... be aware of an electrical/grounding issue... watch the screws when you tighten the clamp, is my understanding... wouldn't preclude me from buying one, just would take extra care when installing one on an '05...

--Robert
    Hi Robert
    What is your opinion on the b&m rpper shifter for an 04 GTO with 6spd??
    I am waiting on mine, should be here in a few days, but I saw a message on this forum saying that people have had problems with them. Is that anything to do with bad installation I wonder. How hard is it to remove the grill and center console for the installation?? would you reccomend getting a different one even though this one seems to be the only one available?
  • kevm14kevm14 Member Posts: 423
    How come you can't use a Hurst from an LS1 F-body?
    Ok, that's good looking. Much better that the Monaro. Are you doing the 18" wheels also?
    Glad it was just a minor problem.
    Those are actually 19" wheels , but I am looking for 18's I just can't decide what wheel to get. I am going with Americas Tires and it seems to be harder for me to decide on a wheel I like. I am open to sugestions.
    How come you can't use a Hurst from an LS1 F-body?

Beats the heck out of me. I know that Hurst has been working on a GTO shifter - I know the guy in Cleveland who has helped them with some prototypes - but it's still not available...

--Robert
    I have read on "another forum" that covers the LS1 GTO lots of horror stories about the B&M. Big problems include bolts shearing, and the gasket tearing. B&M has come up with a revised kit with a new gasket and some new bolts. I would call B&M at (818) 882-6422 - ask to speak with Frank (x238) and make sure you have the revised unit.

Here is the alternative product, if you decide not to stay with the B&M:
    http://www.gmmotorsport.com/ripshiftmanual.htm

Hope this helps,

--Robert
    That is a really cool looking car. 19" wheels, man that's got to handle good.
    Thanks for the advie Robert. I talked to Frank and this is the deal. The B & M is still well recommended but only the revised one. Well what is the revised one?? you ask... its exactly the same as the original but they include a gasket kit to seal and secure the thing. This is what supposedly was causing all the problems. I get mine next week and Frank will send me the kit if it does not come with it already, although I was assured that all the Ripper shifters now come with this kit. I will post a message if I have any problems with the Shifter.
    I was going to buy the Aus made one but its alot more money and alot more shipping. If this one fails I will send it back and get the Aus one but I believe the Band M shifters are good quality.
    Went by the dealer the other day and there was a red '66 or '67 goat facing the street. The window sticker said $27,995. I didn't bother to check it out but wonder if someone traded it in for a new one.
  • mparis1mparis1 Member Posts: 107
    bringing my 05 GTO IN FOR 2ND OIL CHANGE...luv this car... areal machine...live in nyc... aday does not go bye without someone making comments about the great looks/ race me......mostly mustangs/ G35s...... from a light 1800 rpm ..1st gear.. light turns green.... the car launches and pulls and pulls ...what a machine....
    ANYHOW, what should i ask the dealer to check/do.........bringin it in for oil change???
    any tech bulletins?????thanks guys :)
    2nd oil change at 4000 miles? imho that's a waste of time/money/oil. i think that in modern cars it's fine to wait a Long Time for the first oil change! but i think ONE oil change by 5000 miles is probably reasonable enough. my goat has 4700 miles and it's amazing how clean the oil looks! well, it is going into the shop anyway next week to put on the australian rear lower bumper and australian side marker lights and to get radio & washer fixed, so maybe i will go for an oil change too. i wonder how long the goat computer-thing would wait to tell me to change the oil. i've had other new cars where the computer didn't tell me to change the oil until 16000 miles! would the goat wait that long before telling me, i wonder? maybe i'll find out. maybe dealer would forget to reset whatever oil-thingy tells the computer that the oil was just changed. naturally our goat-avatar hammen2 will be able to tell us how to do it - in fact i think he may have posted about that already.

in other news, another wild move by another driver last week - dude in SUV was weaving through traffic behind me - so i went to center lane. he weaved and weaved to get past me. as he drove past, his passenger teen/twenties male leaned out the passenger window, practically falling out of the SUV, giving me some sort of signal, pointing upwards. i think he wanted me to goose it or downshift to get that sweet exhaust sound. but traffic was packed, so i didn't. no reason to get all revved up with nowhere to go. i won't bother posting about these wacky boy-racer/girl-racer incidents, they happen so often that they are getting boring except for the part that people could get killed with wacky moves like my reasonable driving and subtle cyclone-gray goat seem to evoke !
  • tolenashtolenash Member Posts: 52
    At my first oil change at 1500 miles, I had the dealer add Mobil1 5W-30, and didn't change the oil again till the comp prompted me at 9700 miles - 8200 miles between changes. The manual says that driving style and RPMs will affect the change interval.

On my old 96 Grand Am w/ 3.1L V6 would do changes at 10,000 miles w/ mobil 1. That grand-am now has 170,000 miles on it has never had major interior engine work. Only starter, alternator, and idler pulley have been replaced - at around the 125-135,000 mile mark.
  • cracoviancracovian Member Posts: 337
    ...aside from a couple of dudes driving their own GTOs from time to time...

Anyway, one of my seat motors gave up a couple of weeks ago and the driver's seat is now stuck in its closest to the steering wheel position. It sucks because I'm 6 feet tall but I've been managing OK so far by leaning back really far. It makes putting a toddler in and out real easy though since I don't have to deal with the slow speed of moving the seat back and forth in the first place ;-) Its current limited functionality reminds me of getting into the back seat of the series of Trabant station wagons I grew up with. Here's a pic of the vehicle I'm referring to (26HP 2-cycle engine, so that's different at least): http://mclellansautomotive.com/photos/B25465.jpg

I don't have time to go to a dealer anytime soon but, obviously, I'll have to one day... I wonder if this is a common problem and how long it will take them to order the part and fix it. I don't expect an 'in and out' visit for sure but we'll see.
    Actually, if you have an '05 it's a "Torrid Red" or, as the Aussies call it, RedHot. Pulse was a limited-edition 40th anniversary color for 2004 (W40 option code, though Pontiac dropped officially calling it the 40th Anniversary model when sales of the '04's were lousy).

Haven't heard of failing seat motors as being a huge recurring problem. You just never know how long it's going to take to get a part in, so, if I were in your shoes, I'd get it to the dealer ASAP for diagnosis. My gas cap broke (it just spins and clicks when trying to put it on) - at least I can get it off, and I'm not getting an SES light from it not being sealed, at least, not yet - but we'll see how long it takes to get one.

--Robert
  • cracoviancracovian Member Posts: 337
    That's what I have but not enough coffee today, so sorry...
    naturally our goat-avatar hammen2 will be able to tell us how to do it

With the car off, turn the ignition to the On position (but don't move it to Start and begin cranking)
    Press and release the gas pedal slowly two or three times within five seconds
    Turn the key back to the Lock position.

--Robert
    thanks Robert for the oilchange reset info ! tovarisch cracovian, your name is from the movie _the terminal_ right? man was that movie excellent! and even better, a gto reference: "goat! goat! ... he really loves his goat!".
    my parts arrived from jhp to my neighbor's house yesterday. they already thought i was crazy, but having a rear lower bumper delivered to them leaves no doubt. the side marker lights are small. i hope the paint is all good under the monstrous triangle GTO tags. whatever, the dealer body shop will do what they have to do. i'll probably get the car to them on thursday.
    so even the gas cap on these cars is an aussie-only/holden part ? hey, could be worse, at least the gas cap don't screw in with counterclockwise direction due to the southern hemisphere coriolis effect.
    so even the gas cap on these cars is an aussie-only/holden part ?

I don't know that for sure, was just guessing/making fun of the fact that it might take days/weeks to get one. But, I called the dealer, and something happened that's never happened to me before: they actually have the part IN STOCK and I have an appointment first thing tomorrow morning to get my gas cap replaced! I'm guessing this must have happened to one or more of their other GTO customers (I know that their parts guy has a red GTO), so they're stocking the part.

Beats the month and a half I waited for door lock ferrules, and the 3 1/2 weeks I waited for one of the retainers under the back seat that shattered when I changed out the subwoofers and peeling grille (don't want to admit what I paid for what probably is a 12 cent piece of plastic...).

--Robert
    wow, Robert, the dealer has an actual goat part in stock? who knew. my local dealer has the rear-bumper-lower-half in stock now. naturally the GM/USA part arrived on the same day i talkd to the parts guy and told him to cancel the SPAC order since i was going ahead with ordering the aussie part.
    check this dashboard oddity: i think the diagnostic-speed-mode on the lcd display shows a different speed than the big-numbers/non-diagnostic lcd speed indicator. i think the big-numbers/non-diagnostic-mode lcd speed indication is reading a few mph faster than actual speed. i think the diag mode shows actual speed. this shows me that the angry mass state cop who bagged me lately was really lying. he said i was doing 85 to 90 when it looks like i was doing 79 or 80, max. oh well, no worry, the penalty is not much different in either case.
    privetotruski/cracovian i sure did not mean to offend by using the russian word for "friend" - i hope that is obvious. i figured that using a russian word was cool since a soviet-era (russian) car was mentioned by cracovian dude/dudette. i plead guilty to cultural moronicism and total US-centricism!
    the dealer has an actual goat part in stock? who knew.

Yep. In and out in under 30 minutes - probably a record. Had the car fixed within 16 hours of calling them - fastest dealership repair ever.

i think the big-numbers/non-diagnostic-mode lcd speed indication is reading a few mph faster than actual speed.

Yep, known issue on the 2004's.

From Chris White's http://www.gtoshiftlight.com:
    "2004 Odometer/Speedometer Correction (Corrects 2.91%+ Error on the 2004 instrument cluster)"

Chris can activate the shift light indicator, customize the DIC (mine has the Holden HSV logo at startup, and a customized message on the LCD), et. al. Cost me about $125 for him to do this (hook up his laptop, or send it in to him. He can also customize/change out the gauge needles, LCD's on the radio, HVAC indicators, et. al. - I'm going to get matching purple LCD's on the cluster and change the radio colors when my car's in storage over the winter...

--Robert
    woah woah woah Robert - are you sure the odometer is 3% high too? that stinks. so my mpg reading is almost 1mpg too high? grrr! and my odometer is reading 150 miles too much? pfft, i will rip the lungs out of mr. goodwrench on that one especially if there is a warranty failure at 12149 miles. or more, if they don't fix it. i hope the odometer is actually correct and it's just the speedo which is off. they better have a TSB for it, those sillies.
    years ago with my 1989 iroc-z, the speedo was WAY off and the dealer couldn't get the tranny speedo gear matched with the speedo head gear. they finally sent it out to a speed shop to have a custom speedo head gear cut. GM gave me a letter after that, extending the warranty to 15000 miles on the odo, or some such. after i bought that car, i was driving up the rt 2 hill (steep!) outside boston, speedo said 70 mph and i thought it felt slow. then a volksy bus passed me going up the hill. "what's wrong with this picture".
This discussion has been closed.