Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Charger 2006+

Comments

• tripowergtotripowergto Member Posts: 83
    I find it intriquing that now the Mopar fans are grappling over the return of a classic nameplate as Pontiac GTO fans have been debating for the past few years.

The new GTO is a fantastic overall vehicle but much derided for it's sedate styling even though it's true to it's original mission of large RWD V8 manual shift large 2 door coupe.

Chrysler has chosen a more radical styling for the return of the Charger but only offers a 4 door model which I believe is a mistake since the 300 & Magnum are already 4 doors. Why not at least make a 2 door available? Styling is subjective but part of the definition of a true muscle car is 2 door coupe! This car should just be a Magnum sedan.
  • jimhemijimhemi Member Posts: 223
    The Charger was a 2 Door muscle car. It went fast and if you were lucky to hit the brakes hard enough and in time it would stop. Technology is great. The concept was great. The real 2006 is awful. For a company that is as innovative as DC has been in recent years, the Viper, Prowler, in your face Ram, bringing back the HEMI and yes the Car of the Year the Chrylser 300C; Dodge missed the boat when they built a parts bin car and called it a Charger.

We are all aware of the little rat traps of the 80's that were called Chargers. This is supposed to be the "New Dodge", "Grab Life By The Horns" company. This car is plain. It's a nice family sedan that replaces the Intrepid. It should not have been given the name Charger. That is the issue here. Had this been called the Intrepid, Monaco, Polara, this discussion board wouldn't exist. Because it is called the Charger, and is a Dodge badged 300C, we enthusiasts are upset with that.

With the money that Dodge has, they could have stuck to the concept car. They could have built it on the current LX platform and included the HEMI instead of the propane injected concept engine. The name and shape mean alot to people. It's car culture history. It is if Dodge didn't learn from it's mistakes. Ford learned from the mid 70's Mustangs. What if the Corvette came out next year with a back seat? How about a wagon version of a vette? See, it just does not make sense.

Hope Dodge sells alot of these as police cars. That was the aim, get back into the police business. 4 Door, rear drive V8's that the cops need. Every few years they order more. If it weren't for cops and old people the Crown Vic would have been 6feet under 15 years ago.

The race version looks good because there are no doors. As for me, I will be going out to my garage now to work on ripping out the heater core on my 1971 Dodge Charger 500(added weight, and doesn't see winter duty). I'll have plenty of room to work, it has 2 big doors.

Again, for those that are new to this board, I beg of you to look at this link and tell me what CHARGER you would rather have, the current 2006, or this one that Popular Hotrodding came out with.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0404phr_dodge/
  • dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    I think some people are over-reacting to this new entry being called a "Charger." The Charger was a legend for a number of reasons; good looks and high horsepower platforms. The name itself evokes emotional recognition and that's probably one reason why the marketing people chose to use the name.

But this new Charger is very handsome and muscular in today's contemporary eyesight. And it will be a high performance platform in a more meaningful way than the original. The number of doors is clouding the rationale for the name, in my opinion. With this entry Dodge will be reinforcing the Charger image as a high performance car, and in a more refined way than the chargers of old.

>>>I am not a huge chevy or ford fan but at least the people there know not to mess with thier old legends.<<< Well, if my memory serves me correctly the Mustang went through several platform evolutions in a way that made me wonder if the Ford people knew what they wanted the Mustang to impart. The Mustang started of compact. got much bigger, diluted it's name with a so-called Mustang II, then went smaller before becoming the Mustang of today. Yes, the number of doors stayed the same but there were conceptual changes nonetheless. And the Thunderbird did go from coupe to sedan! I might add that the name Charger was used on the Omni-Horizon-based coupe of the late seventies and into the eighties, starting off as the O24. Now, yes, it did not have four doors but I cannot think of a deeper transformation from original concept. I can sympathize with purist traditionalists. It would be nice if the Charger were a coupe. It would fit and be maintained in the heritage of Chargers and everyone would be happy. The problem is that coupes as a vehicle class are not selling like they did in the '60s or '70s. In today's market the four-door sedan is king. That might change, but for now the sedan rules. Chrysler cars of the past decade or so have done absolutely nothing for me. The last half-way decent offering was the Acclaim/Spirit/LeBaron,in my opinion, and that was a little on the meager side. This new Charger has caught my attention, however, not because of it's name but because it is exciting. Best regards, Dusty
    Sounds like you work for Chrysler
    I would like to offer some thoughts to the current problem with the Charger so you may fix errors when you unveil the Challenger this time next year. I hope it is not to late. You need a Mustang slayer, was hoping that this Charger would be just that, unfortunately it is not.

The rumor is strong of a possible Daytona version of this car. I hope to god that Mother Mopar does not redo the Daytona. Let this car lay in peace. Let the legend be. Do not bring back a legend to let it be fall the same faith as this current atrocity. Ask the moderator for my email address. You have my permission to contact me.

So if this chat room is to busy tonight and you probably will be considering all that is going on, please, I am happy to offer my services and can provide very good references.
  • dakota_dondakota_don Member Posts: 3
    Burke brown you said "The 2006 Dodge Charger pays homage to the muscle cars of the '60s, but offers modern coupe styling with four-door functionality."

so where is the 60s homage in the 06 charger, opps i mean magnum? DC builds a magnum sedan and calls it a charger, Burke have you ever seen a 60s Dodge Charger????? DCX you should be watching ford, the mustang is selling, and its a 2 door, you hear that Trevor Creed, 2 doors do sell, and whats with every car and truck DC makes uses the same stylecroiss haired grill, DC needs to make some management changes,

instead of DC telling us what we want, DC you should listen to what we want...
    Burke brown you said "The 2006 Dodge Charger pays homage to the muscle cars of the '60s, but offers modern coupe styling with four-door functionality."

so where is the 60s homage in the 06 charger, opps i mean magnum? DC builds a magnum sedan and calls it a charger, Burke have you ever seen a 60s Dodge Charger????? DCX you should be watching ford, the mustang is selling, and its a 2 door, you hear that Trevor Creed, 2 doors do sell, and whats with every car and truck DC makes uses the same stylecroiss haired grill, DC needs to make some management changes,

instead of DC telling us what we want, DC you should listen to what we want...
  • chargercharger Member Posts: 11
    Yes You are correct the Charger was a legend for a number of reasons. NOT one of those reasons was that it had 4 doors. ALL chargers regardless of what kind of crap they turned into in the 80's were still 2 DOORS! (except maybe the omni but that wasn't worthy of the Charger name either) And yes I have to agree that most of what Chrysler has put out over the past decade has been well to put it simply "junk". You call that Handsome? I will bet you that if this car appears on a nascar track it won't have 4 doors. Yes your memory serves you correct The Mustang DID INDEED go through several platform changes But it remained 2 DOOR JUST LIKE THE CHARGER DID! And just like the Charger the mustang had it beautys (like Elanor from gone in sixty seconds)but it had some models that are not worth giving away. Yeah I know all about the bull associated with what sells and like I said originally if you read carefully I have already acknowledged the fact that this car is being marketed for the purpose of sales after all what car isn't offered with that idea in mind. Bottom line is if you like it buy it if you don't then don't. That is what makes the U.S.A. the best place on this planet. I will take the money that I had set aside for the 2006 Charger and go find one of the Bad [non-permissible content removed] wingless Mach 1 Chargers of the Late sixties. Dodge had a chance to do something big here and make history (like Ford id doing) and they flopped. It's like having 2 fighters in a ring and having one take the fall on purpose. Maybe this Charger will sell a million units a month. (Then maybe the Dodge Crew won't have to worry so much about money) THEN MAYBE they will get it right. As far as this Charger goes? No thanks I'll Pass. And the name has been tarnished. I am sure that the little old lady from Pasadena would have passed on this one too. ALso lets see who will be the first yodel to make one of these into the General Lee. This is the Charger they should have used on the Dukes of Hazzard instead of ruining the REAL Chargers.
    The NASCAR cars will always be doorless. In fact, NASCAR uses common templates for all 3 manufacturers. That means the only thing that is different is the decals on each car and the engines that are in them. NASCAR is reported to be toying with the idea of running a common engine in the 07 season to enhance competition. SO the Charger we see is nothing more then a truck grill on a car and a bunch of trumped up hype.

"But this new Charger is very handsome and muscular in today's contemporary eyesight. And it will be a high performance platform in a more meaningful way than the original"

sorry but do u have your glasses on?
  • fastback1966fastback1966 Member Posts: 4
    Looks remarkably like a remake of the 1993 Dodge Spirit.

http://images.autotrader.com/images/2004/12/18/175/524/1163031435- .175524732.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

I own three Chargers, the first three years in fact, and this new car is no Charger.
  • xmf314xmf314 Member Posts: 154
    I saw the new Charger at the L.A. auto show today, and was very disappointed. I remember when the original Charger was introduced. It had a "WOW" factor, and I lusted after one.

However, the new Charger looks like an ordinary mid-size sedan. It won't receive the reception the old one received. The Dodge boys could have done better than this.
    Burke couldn't handle the questions from the chat so the ejected me.

Please! You should be ashamed. I didn't curse, what happened to free speech?
    What a sham! The real people spoke and because we were not positive of the new 06 we get ejected. For shame Edmunds. I have read your reports for years and what was said was no different then what your writers have written for years.
  • rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    did chrylser really hire the design team from the aztek project to build their new charger. I think as i did when the aztek was released that is was a born loser and so is the charger. Instead of listening to what the buyer wanted chrysler decided they know better and reached into their excess parts bin and created the god ugly charger. Will just build one for each dealership and that should last them the 5 year model run. I guess i will look at ford. At least they listen and responded with the GT and mustang.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Charger, you need to keep a working e-mail address in your profile. Please let us know when your address is updated, lest your account be disabled.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Rik4, Charger, Dakota Don, and the rest of the guys from the chat room, I say thank you. I now know that I am not crazy. The spin zone and the fake questions that came in from obvious Chrysler PR people was just ridiculous. We all saw the responses and it amounted to one giant advertisement. In fact, Mr. Brown sounded like he was simply reciting the press release. (BOT)

I work in politics for the state of New Jersey, and all jokes aside, I know bull plop when I see it and that was grade "A" plop. Most of us over the past several months have expressed disgust and voiced our opinions. I find it amazing that the day the ad banner for the 2006 Charger Chat went up on this page that there was a sudden influx of POSITIVE responses.

I do not know who said it last night in the chat room, but I have heard the same, that for every positive letter that has been received at DCX, there have been 30 negative. A 4 door grocery getter, with no style, except for a different set of rear doors and a slight tweaking of the truck grill we have a Magnum Coupe, or a cheap 300C, which ever you want to call it; Dodge calls this the New Charger.

What was the response to no manual being offered? For those that weren't in the chat room last night, the Answer, "Manuals don't sell well in 4 doors"(Burke Brown, Jan. 13 2006)

What about all of the Euro cars, BMW, Mercedes, SAAB, and the Japanese Lexus IS, I know that these are 4 doors that sell very well with manuals. How do you offer a "Modern day muscle car" with no stick?

So many questions we had that went unanswered do to corporate PR Spin. Gentlemen, I look forward to the discussion until we all grow tired of the banter and buy the new Mustang which we all agree looks great. Good luck team Burke.
    I pushed the questions through last night, and I can assure you that the questions were from members and not from Chrysler PR. We don't do that - otherwise, why bother having a live chat? We could just do an interview without an audience if we wanted to do that. We take real questions from audience members.

Obviously, I can't speak for Mr. Brown's answers as that's his (and his company's) decision.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

No. Never have. Actually I worked for Buick Division of General Motors in the late '60s.

Dusty
    The form of your question comes off as trite. I respect your opinion that the Charger is ugly, if that's what your opinion is. Do you expect everyone to see beauty as you see it?

So far I've liked what I've seen in the form of photographs, even if this is a tweak to an existing platform. Maybe in the flesh my opinion will be different. I like most everything about the Magnum and 300C except the front. The Charger front does it for me.

Dusty
    GM is bringing back the Camaro and Firebird for 2008!

The success of the new Mustang has prompted GM to reintroduce these American legends. They will have FOUR doors because that is believed to be what the car buyer of today wants. Stay tuned!
  • jtrikjtrik Member Posts: 11
    This is a car i would definitely consider purchasing. To me, it is muscular, has an attitude and looks fast standing still. In black it would be incredible. I don't have a problem with 2 doors or 4 doors...in this day and age, two doors don't sell, unless it is the Mustang.

The only thing i have any problems with is that it will only sell as an automatic. I can't stand that! This car deserves a stick, an NO! I hate the manumatics out there...BFD!

This car will sell, i have no doubt about it...Charger name or not.
    Hey Jim Hemi! SO that is what they do? they use the same template for all bodies? You know when I think of it all nascars do look exactly the same except for the stickers. Just goes to show you how much nascar has changed over the years too. They have gotten real fake too. You are right on bro that Charger looks like a truck that is no muscle car! What the hell are these guys thinking.
    RIGHT ON DAKOTA DON! THEY NEED MORE THAN JUST GLASSES! :)
    Jim Hemi, I am sorry to have to break this to you brother but these people ejected you because they do not want to hear after they spent all of that money that people do not like the car. THey do nt want to hear any negative stuff all they want to hear is that people love it or have slightly moderate complaints with is so they can change next year's model They do not want to hear from guys like us that find the idea of naming that car Charger awful. Hey the car is a car and that is all it is. As far as cars go it is ok as a general purpose car like an intrepid or stratus. I don't have a real problem with the car itself But The Charger was supposed to be much more than that. Also I hear a lot of guys here complaining that the thing is not even offered in stick? That is Charger? I don't think so. SO don't feel bad about speaking your mind Jim Hemi the only problem here is that they can't handle the truth. :)
    Another thing Jim Hemi if you notice my original message (#103) is suddenly missing Like I said no one wants to hear the negative only the positive. I agree with you and I think this thing is a sham. I trusted Edmunds too I thought they were different.
    Kirstie. NateMeeche@ryder.com is my E mail address.
    Thanks - please update your profile. There's an extra "e" that makes mail bounce back.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

Rik4, Dakota Don, Jim Hemi, I salute you and all the rest of those guys and girls here that are not afraid to tell it like it is and I am behind you all the way!
    Yeah? and I respect your opinion that the car is beautiful. LIKE I SAID (if you would have read carefully.) If you like it buy it if you don't then don't.
    Well, I appreciate your support and I supported you and noticed that you're right, the Emperor does not like to be told he has no pants!

They spent billions on this platform. They retool a plant that has to build them(meaning that they won't change for at least 4-5 years). They aero test them and all that junk, only to come out with this car. As I have said all along, this is a good car, not worthy of the name that we hold dear, CHARGER. If this was another Intrepid, or Stratus it would be ok. The hype and the rumors from the concept of 99 to this is what has angered us all(99 had a 5 speed manual, look at the pics, nice interior too). What really angered us was that Chrysler was very good with sticking to the concept cars that they showed. Viper, Prowler,PT Cruiser, and the Magnum, believe they called the Magnum something else, but still, the lines and shapes remained very very close. The debate with this current car is its history and aside from the 80's K car platforms, most people recall the Charger tearing up the tracks with Petty at the wheel and with Bo and Luke Duke out running Rosco P. Coaltrain. This is just what you said Charger, " it is ok as a general purpose car" just not worthy of tarnishing the name plate.

As for NASCAR, the cars went to a common template last season. This means that all cars and makes must pass through inspection with one common template that will fit all cars. It's in the rule book if you really wanted to go gung ho on it. The engines are what separates the makes. Dodge came back after a long time and their engines because the cam location in the block allows for them to turn slightly more RPMS then other makes. FORD and CHEVY have been using the same basic blocks since the small block debuted in the mid 70's.
  • mr_hemimr_hemi Member Posts: 4
    None of my Mopar buddies think this car should be called a Charger. It has some great attributes that the old school Mopar guys want - Hemi, RWD, good handling, etc. The Charger was always a 2-door, high performance car with great styling. This car should have been called something else, Magnum sedan, Coronet (Dodge built a couple of four door Coronets in 1966 with 426 Hemis). Unfortunately for the die hard Mopar guys, Ford seems to have the edge in styling right now with the new Mustang and the GT. The Chrysler Firepower is pretty cool, a Viper with a Hemi. Can we afford it though? I don't particularly like the styling of the "Charger". It looks like the 300 with a Magnum front end stuck on it. The Charger concept car a few years ago had four doors, but people generally loved that design.
    Is there anyway to get a transcript of last night's chat?
    It takes a few days to get the transcript up, but yes, there will be one available on this site. I'll try to remember to post a link when it's up!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

Thanks
  • jimshinejimshine Member Posts: 1
    The 2006 Charger has a place for your Mocca latte, back doors for the kids to get in out of at soccer practice and yet has the power to prove you have enough fortitude to kick that hick in the beat up pickup truck. Bottom line, the 2006 Charger is for man in touch with his feminine side. IMHO the only thing they got right on this car was how they spelled "Charger".
  • andyman73andyman73 Member Posts: 322
    Well not the GTX, or Super Bee or Queen Bee, Road Runner...maybe Belvedere or Satellite. Savoy, anyone? Ha ha ha...what about Valiant? Okay I was just kidding about that one. :D

Can you even imagine when the current crop of future drivers grow up, and are driving the 06 Charger to school. And their teachers will tell them that they missed out on the real Chargers. They won't have clue what the teachers are talking about.
    Ooh, I know a Dart, with a Swinger package! Mom had one! Dad had a 70 Cuda from new.
    this car is so ugly that mr black has it on his ten worse dress list. please call in queers eyes for a straight guy to fix it.hehehe. Mr brown if you are so sure it is so great then take this pledge: if the car fails to sell as well in percentage of all dodge cars did in 1968 when the modern charger took form ( i am skipping 1966-67 quasi chargers) then you should do the honorable thing and resign and if it sells better then you should get a salary raise equal to the percentage of increase. I know you will not take this pledge cause we all know ( unless we are blind or stupid) that it is a bonafide loser. Please move to the pontiac division maybe you can espouse the merits of the asstek. As for me i am joining the dodge rebellion and telling you get with it or get out. This should be called the stratus GT or something like that. it is not a charger by any means. By your standards vettes and ferraris all have missed the boat and should be 4 drs well make the viper 4 drs then and see if you sell any. We don;t want any 4 dr chargers and we dont want charger wagons either or charger vans or charger suv's. WE WANT A 2 DR real charger. I thought deiter would be good for dodge chrysler but if this is his idea please go back to deutschland your american car knowlegde is askew. GO back and design mercedes GULLWING SL wagons and see if any one will buy it. In the chat mr burke stated none are slated for the euro market. THat should not surprise anyone. What stupid german would ever buy one. Can you picture jaguar afficiandos switching or people in italy selling their masseratti and gettin one. WHat a laugh. Well here is my advice do not bring any to the usa either... keep them at the canadian plant... and see if you can sell them closer to home. We do not want them in the usa. We are ashamed of them. at least i am. export them all. share the shame with the rest of the world or as you would have us believe the ingenuity and creativeness of it. After all misery loves company. to close i will quote from honest abe... mr brown. you can fool some of the people some of the time... but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. We are not fooled and more importantly we will not be buying your farce. I can visulize 5000.00 rebates in 90 days just like the aztek. Who did you test market this design with. In this state the blind do not get drivers licenses. If i had to defend this design I would resign from chrysler and just wait till it fails... which will be obvious in a few months...and then I would have job offers all over. When it fails who will want you. If you promote an ill conceived idea and keep trying to justify something that is wrong you will have no credibility in the end. By refusing to promote this disaster at least you would have retained your dignity and honesty and my respect.
    Ahoy Rik, matey!!! May I be so kind as to sum up what you just said?

It sucks royally, and is a disgrace to the Charger name and Dodge name!

Am I close?
    >>>Well not the GTX, or Super Bee or Queen Bee, Road Runner...maybe Belvedere or Satellite. Savoy, anyone? Ha ha ha...what about Valiant? Okay I was just kidding about that one. :D<<<

Well then, should they have brought back the "Meadowbrook" or "Saratoga" for the wagon-like Dodge Magnum?
  • m1miatam1miata Member Posts: 4,551
    Looks like they, as in all domestic makers of cars, are blowing a chance to catch Japan off guard. If they produced cars with the beauty of say the real Dodge Charger, or the real Malibu SS of 1968, I am sure people would once again be excited about cars again. Current models are either front wheel drive econo boxes, or larger Marathon cab looking rear wheel drive cars. What ever happened to flowing lines of years gone bye? While the new Mustang could be a little more modern styled in the mix or retro / modern, at least it looks 100% better than these new things that are part truck, part taxi cab and part looking for a identity. The last car that pulled me in imediatly when first viewed was a '91 Stealth, which I ended up buying. Sure, front wheel drive, but at least it had the style and class. Actually it was fun to drive and handled pretty good; so not all just looks. Heck my '98 Corolla looks more shapely than a Charger. Looks as good, if not better than the new Cobalt, for that matter. And my Miata make is something actually seen on the tracks. They won't be racing 4dr. Chargers anytime soon. What they did right is to re-introduce rear wheel drive, and the Hemi V8 will be a good option for those wanting for more power and sound than the larger V6 available.
    Now, I'm not the most intelligent guy, and depending if you ask my wife, could be dumber then that. However, wasn't the Magnum one of the names that Mopar used for as an engine designator? And Commmando, wasn't that another engine designator?
    andyman i think you are in the running for the award. hehehe. right on mate.
    Rik, there's an award? What is it!?! Wow, never got no award before.

Super Omni, anyone? Maybe do a gussied up version and call it the Imperial, or Newport....maybe not.
    I TOTALLY 100% SUPPORT ALL OF THE GUYS AND GIRLS HERE THAT THINKS THE IDEA FOR THE NEW CHARGER STINKS. PLAIN ENGLISH.

Now don't get us wrong the car is as alright as any other ordinary newly introduced model car goes, but the choice of name for the new car Charger. For anyone that knows even anything about the Chargers of the past, (When I say Chargers of the past I am referring to the ones that did the MOST to make the name Charger a legend 1966-1974 model years) knows that one look at this new Charger and we are asking ourselves "What the hell was Dodge thinking" First they tell us that the Charger is set to return and everyone is thinking "Yeah Baby!" A 2 door, RWD musclecar,available in stick or auto, possibly some kind of hidden headlight scheme, A slick sexy body, Possibly a nascar type fuel cap again, And all of this to be introduced on the legendary name of Charger. Judging by what Dodge did in the past with the Viper and some of the other recent greats, this bad boy should be good. Ok then the prototype appears and although its not bad looking it certainly isn't that great looking either HOWEVER it has a certain look about it. The biggest problem is the number of doors. Why 4 doors? Well the answer to that is is that the bean counters and marketing hotshots at Chrysler are force feeding us the crap that ONLY 4 doors sell (tell that to FORD. The guys that designed the Mustang should have designed the Charger)Ok fine. Now just when we are starting to accept it they come out with this thing that looks like they were scrounging around in the parts bins trying to piece together something to call a car and then they call it the new charger? Lets face it people are not stupid. Furthermore the our kids are not stupid either. Ever been to a Mopar Nats festival? Do you know how many 18-29 year olds have cars or have an interest in cars that were around before them? Bottom Line The Charger was designed way back when as a War Horse, A world class thoroughbred that is how she should have been re introduced. Not as some pieced together magnum taxi cab. It is a real shame what Dodge chose to to to the legacy of the Charger.
    Hey look at Burke Brown's Mugshot then look at the nose of the new charger. They look very similar. I think I know why they designed it to look the way it does now.
    Well the more I hear about the new "Charger", the more I hate it.

Like I said before, I own three REAL Chargers, a '66 with a 440, a '67 with a 383, and a '68 R/T.

The only Charger in my mind that has ever been truly and fully entitled to wear the Charger nameplate, is the 1966.

After that, they gained a few little cool things here and there, but overall they went downhill.

So to make a new car in a muscular image, and to be able to call it a "Charger", Dodge should have incorporated design aspects that stuck with what made a Charger of the musclecar era, when it was still a good car.

That means it should have had these things, the best things of the musclecar era Dodge Charger:

Hidden headlights (1966-1972)

Four bucket seats(1966)

A full length center console(1966)

Awesome looking dash gauges (1966-1967)

A flip top gas cap (1968-1970)

Sexy and distintive styling (1966-1972)

Two doors (1966-1974)

Performance V8 with RWD (1966-1971)

And how many of these things does the 2006 "Charger" have? Just one, the performance.

That's just being lazy on Dodge's part. They choose to be lazy and to turn their backs on people who have bought their products.

A fairly competent person can tell you that they should have used a different name. But no, instead they chose to screw the diehard fans, so they could rape/pillage the once honorable name, in the name of easy sales.

It is a rebadged Intrepid. Plain and simple. A car for family guys, soccer moms, and old people. All those who like it are unfaithfuls who have turned their back on the true Dodge Charger.

I hope the car crashes and burns.
    Here are some more pictures for comparison, the wannabe "Charger" versus the real Charger...

Hey Fastback1966! First off you got some mean machines there! Secondly I was waiting for someone to do a side by side comparison of the new and the old. It shows even more just how pathetic Dodge's attempt was to design the "new charger" More power to you and you Chargers. Long life to them because they are precious and beautiful. It just goes to show that the general public, The good American people that make these companies who they are are not stupid and we are not blind. We hear you man! There is no substitute for the Old King! As Far as I am concerned they could drop a 1000HP Hemi into the new charger It is still a 4 door car version of a Dodge Ram and a magnum stationwagon.
This discussion has been closed.