Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300 Seat Memory

xctenxcten Member Posts: 7
edited July 2014 in Chrysler
My front seat does not go back when I pull key out, some times the stering wheel does not go up.
  The dealer put in a new memory seat chip, but I still have the same problem.Now they say the are working on a flash system. I have be waiting been 4 months.

Comments

• hankchankc Member Posts: 12
    Has anyone had a problem activating this feature? I can't seem to get mine to work. I went for a 1000 mile checkup at my dealer today and they couldn't get it to work either. I have to drop the vehicle tomorrow AM so they can spend more time on it.

Is anyone using this feature?
  • jcz1jcz1 Member Posts: 36
    Works most of the time for me, although I haven't "locked" the fob to a setting (as the manual puts it).

What is working for me is the seat and wheel moving when removing the key, then moving back when the key goes back in. I have also set Memory Position 1 via the door, and have pressed 1 to recall the settings after the dealer changed seat position, etc.

With only one driver, I have not tried to "lock" the fob to setting 1.
  • itshemiitshemi Member Posts: 32
    Hankc

I've had this "loss Memory on seat" it seems that the seat has to be set forward more then the 2" stated in the manual to stay set. I'm playing with different setting to see what the tolerances are, keep you posted..

See my car http://photos.yahoo.com/jlsy2001
  • caa 300ccaa 300c Member Posts: 1
    OK had the same problem, here is the fix. Hit the S-1-Lock in fast sequence, as in, 1 second, while key is in run position. Kind of like the older Walkman's station settings. No 10 seconds allowed, as stated in the Manual. Took me several tries to get it. Now on to the Garage Door Opener, have not been able to program that so far. Fantastic car, Traded my 2002 300M, this is much better in every respect.
  • ianyerianyer Member Posts: 5
    I've had the same problem with my seat not going back and the steering wheel not going up. The dealer is still trying to figure out why but I've figured out a work around.

Put the car in park and take the key out of the ignition. Adjust your seat, steering wheel, mirrors and radio stations to the desired position. Press the set button, press the 1 or 2 button and then press the door lock button on your key fob.

If you do this, it should work correctly. I don't know why you have to use the key fob to get the memory to hold. I have the personal settings for the key fob set to OFF so the seat shouldn't move when I unlock the door. Don't know why but it seems to work this way. Haven't had any issues since I set it with the key fob.

I'll let you know if the dealer comes up with a reason why it has to work this way. Don't hold your breath.
  • xctenxcten Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for your help, so far it has been working.

I was trying to get the dealer to install a factory sirius radio for all the the time I spent there with the seat problem,no luck from them. br>

Finally the service manager to talked with his district manager and they installed it at no charge. Try it and see if they will pop for something you want.
  • rjo300crjo300c Member Posts: 2
    Having a problem with my driver "easy exit" front seat.
    Lost it's memory !! Been back to dealer 4-5 times, cannot fix problem. Can anyone please help me ???
    Thanks, RJO
  • lavender1lavender1 Member Posts: 33
    This seems to be a problem with the 300's.We just had ours done yesterday for the 8th time!!! They have no answer for this yet.They just keep reflashing it.They hooked it up to STAR SCAN this time so maybe it will work.
  • xtecxtec Member Posts: 354
    Yours is a 2005 mine is A '06,I hear more problems with the '05 more than the '06s.The 300 and Charger are made together so what you have I have,only differance is the year.There are more Tech bullitens on '05 300s compared to the '06.Don't forget the first year car has more problems than the second and so on.Some time it takes a couple of years for something to show up and have a bulliten for all the cars.
  • yosemitesamyosemitesam Member Posts: 3
    Try this: Move your seat full forward, then full back. Then tilt your seat full forward then full back. After you have completed the above, re-set your adjustment memory to your desired settings and then try the easy exit feature again. Good luck!
  • phillyfanphillyfan Member Posts: 11
    thanks, it worked. the seat now moves like it did before. hope it sticks.
  • smithedsmithed Member Posts: 444
    "Try this: Move your seat full forward, then full back. Then tilt your seat full forward then full back. After you have completed the above, re-set your adjustment memory to your desired settings and then try the easy exit feature again. Good luck!"

Thank you so much, I have been wondering what was going on, and now it is fixed! The seat moves back on exit. :shades:
  • vic10vic10 Member Posts: 188
    Who are you and how did you know this? The "reset" performed at the dealer lasted one engine start (and cost me all my radio presets). So far so good on day three with your fix. Thanks. Any other helpful hints? This did seem remarkably similar to the reset fix for loosing the express up/down window feature.....
    Hi: I’m Gary from Broken Arrow Ok. I’ve had my Black ‘C’ for 1 ½ yrs and really love the car. It’s my first Chrysler product ever. No mods except for 15% tint. I’m sure glad my solution for fixing the ‘Easy Exit’ feature has helped you all. I took my car in for the same problem a year ago and when my dealer fixed it, I asked what they did and he told me. Seems as though the ‘system’ will sometimes loose it’s memory on the maximum travel stops, so it just stops working. Going through the steps that I have outlined restores the max travel limits and gives the ‘Green Light’ to function again. Like you’ve said, with all of the fancy electronic thingy’s now days, I think you should expect a few problems.

I have the Navigation System with Sound Group II and I’ve learned to use both with very satisfactory results. If any of you need help on using either one, let me know. Perhaps I can help.
    Regards, Gary
    Howdy neighbor, I'm Vic from Tulsa. Happy to say aside from the occasional loss of the window express feature, the now cured easy exit seat, a one time loss of radio volume (sort of fixed itself), and finally a fix for a tempermental passenger window (new controller installed by Crown), my Sept05 Magnesium pearl "C" has been trouble free--remarkably so with all the gadgets. I've always preferred GM (previous 2 cars were Buicks) but this Chrysler is a winner for me. Take care and enjoy the ride.....
    Small world! Glad to here all is going well with your 'C', same here.
    Cheers, Gary (GO TU!)
    Hi, I'm Ed from Charleston, SC. We (wife and I) have had our Satin Jade C for a year and 15000 miles (turned today on a 720 mile trip). So far, so good. Ours has no Navigation (haven't gotten lost yet ;) but has Sirius and Sound Group II, a moonroof, and safety package. We are enjoying it more and more. Big, comfortable and powerful. :shades:

I will come here for more tips when any electronic things go haywire. The moving seat back on exit now works great thanks to Gary!
  • billfromnewpalbillfromnewpal Member Posts: 5
    I was getting ready to make a fourth trip to the dealer and saw Gary's tip on setting the seat. I tried it and it works!! Hope it will stay that way. Now if the ESP BAS light would stop coming on in the morning it would be great. I have a second appointment to get that checked.
    Re: ESP BAS light. Mine stared with a morning light, then would stay on for a day or so, then became permanent. The dealer should be able to fix it easily since it's computer activated and all you need to do is interrogate the module. My problem was, of all things, a steering angle sensor.
  • billfromnewpalbillfromnewpal Member Posts: 5
    I had an appointment for today and took mine in. The dealer said the diagnostics didn't show anything. (naturally the light started staying off for a couple of days before the appointment) so they called Chrysler and were told to order a new module. While they were at it they ordered a new module for the seat. They said the moving the seat was a temporary fix. While they were at it they ordered a new fuel pump since it cranks longer than normal on a cold start. Glad I have 2,000 miles to go on the warrenty
  • howdeehowdee Member Posts: 4
    I have had my SRT for 2 days now, what a blast! Seat mem works for wife, but not me? I'm 6'2 so the seat is about 4 inches from rear where I set it. Also the seat tilt and raise and radio presets won't stick to either of our FOBS
  • dsaundsaun Member Posts: 1
    Gary, you are the man. Earlier I had just made another appt. to have the easy exit looked at with yet another dealer. Whatever made me look on the internet I'll never know (probably frustration), but I am soooooo glad I did. Your simple instructions fixed it! I love this car but the biggest complaint I have is it continually pulls to the right. I have had it aligned and realigned the tires balanced, rotated, rebalanced you name it and it still pulls to the right. I even went as far as buying different tires thinking maybe that was it. Have you had this experience? Thanks, Diana
  • goofytimlgoofytiml Member Posts: 41
    Diana... I've not had this problem with my '05 300C, but many have and IRRC the "fix" is not just in slightly different alignment, but having a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) applied to adjust the motor mounts to realign the engine's torque thrust component, or something like that. I would expect a good "five star" dealership should be aware of this issue and the fix, and should have applied it to your ride long ago. Good luck with getting this corrected sooner vs. later.
  • alrobinson6022alrobinson6022 Member Posts: 2
    Hello. Did you ever get an answer for this? I am having the same problem with my 2005 Chrysler 300.
  • daphod74daphod74 Member Posts: 6
    First, thanks to Gary for the seat trick - I was about to go nuclear on the dealer after their "re-flash" didn't work.

I don't have a consistent pull to one side or the other in my '05 300C. I do seem to have the "crown sensitivity" that the dealers mention - if I'm in the left lane it pulls slightly left and if I'm in the right lane, it pulls slightly right. In the middle lanes of interstates, it seems to be very true to center. I noticed the sensitivity was lessened after switching from the Continentals to Michelin Energy tires (235 55r18 vs. 225 60R18). Was the pulling issue limited to certain manufacturing months?
  • rjo300crjo300c Member Posts: 2
    i am also having a problem with my memory seat not moving back on exit and also with the steering wheel not going up on exit ?? any suggestions that you have to repair this problem would be appreciated.
    thank you.
    "Try this: Move your seat full forward, then full back. Then tilt your seat full forward then full back. After you have completed the above, re-set your adjustment memory to your desired settings and then try the easy exit feature again. Good luck!"

Worked for me, I've only done it once about 2 years ago, and never had to do it again. :shades:
  • nighthawk4nighthawk4 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an 09 300c an i don't know how to set the memory seats
    Adjust the seat, steering wheel and side mirrors where you want them. Push the set button, then push 1 or 2. The alternative driver picks the other number.
  • garybrewgarybrew Member Posts: 1
    I want to keep the following alive, so that others can find it via Google and other search engines (as I did, with some difficulty):

To fix the 300C seat failure to retract on exit:

Thank you for Post #12, Gary. Now I can say "Wheeeeee!" when I turn off the key again!
  • loredo1loredo1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Folks, Same problem most of you'll are having with the seat not moving back. My wife's 05 /300C, seat just stopped moving back. Tried moving seat full forward, then back, full up, etc; reset S1 and S2, they work OK. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, being a dumb old Texas country boy. "But my C5 Vette seat works fine" :) and when the wife's not happy, no one's happy. Was getting a low batt. read out for the key, but installed new batt. """"""""help"""""""" She's driving my Vette, and hates the 6-speed manual, keeps asking what that third peddle is for.
  • mformanmforman Member Posts: 4
    I had the same problem with my 300c with the "autoglide" feature not working. I tried programming my key to memory one and two. I tried programming the second key. I tried turning the feature on and then off and then back on again. Nothing worked. It started as the seat not going back but the steering wheel would go up. Now both do not move when the key is taken out.

I was skeptical about the below method to fix the issue. I moved the seat forward and then back. The leaned the back of the seat forward and moved the whole seat forward again. Then I leaned the back of the seat all the way back. After that, I turned the car on, and moved the seat where I wanted it. I pressed the set button and memory 1. Took the key out and sure enough the autoglide feature worked again. I tried it multiple times again and it worked each time.

Thank you for the great advice.

Thank you for Post #12, Gary. Now I can say "Wheeeeee!" when I turn off the key again!
  • twasadreamtwasadream Member Posts: 1
    Wanted to post to say this worked for me as well. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.