Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Corolla Fog Lights

echosierraechosierra Member Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in Toyota
Anyone know where I can get a replacement fog light for a good price? I've been looking online and so far the cheapest i can find is $120 for one side or $85 for an after-market kit for both left and right sides. I only need the passenger side cause I hit a deer. Luckily that was the only damage. It's not broken just doesn't work anymore. :(

Comments

• sr45sr45 Member Posts: 144
    I to want the fog lamps for my LE, 06 model. Even the darn dealership does not have them on the computer or book. Seems odd that if a S model had damage to the fog lamps, they would have a cost for a replacement on the computer, but do not. Trying to find where I can get two lamps to have the dealer put on....Do you know where ?
  • echosierraechosierra Member Posts: 3
    You can get aftermarket clear lens fog lights on ebay both sides and kit for like $85. I don't know how good they are but maybe you can find some feedback on ebay if anyone has purchased them.
  • sr45sr45 Member Posts: 144
    Thanks for the reply echosierra regarding the fog lamps. I will wait until the vehicle is on the dealers lot than try to find one that fits.
  • coat1113coat1113 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a used 2004 corolla s model. No owners manual. This may sound stupid but what the heck. How do you turn on the fog lamps?
  • beernutbeernut Member Posts: 329
    Its a twistie-ring on the end of the left stalk, next to the headlights.
  • echosierraechosierra Member Posts: 3
    use the same switch for your lights, there is a small piece that turns at the end of the main light switch on the left side of your steering wheel..........
  • lamonlamon Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a pair of fog lamps for my corolla , the cam with a harness that connect to the lamps , on that harness is a ground strap\and what appears to be a 12 volt lead. a second harness came that attaches to the switch that sits in where the other switches go ,a relay and a connector that i have not found the location for. if any one has purchased a kit can u please help me.
  • mlewandowskimlewandowski Member Posts: 18
    Hi,
    I bought a set off of ebay and just ordered the fog lamp switch and relay for my '05 LE. I will use the existing wiring harness 'cause its easier. I'll tell you how to do it and give you part numbers if you want or help you figure out how to make the extra wiring harness work after I get my car done.
  • chalupa102chalupa102 Member Posts: 2
    I also bought fog lights off ebay for my LE. I do not have the lights yet, but I will be getting them in a few days. I was wondering if you could tell me how to do it. I have never done anything like this before. Thanks.
    Hi Chalupa,
    I will use the existing wiring harness for my car. It will cost, $116.88 for the turn signal/ fog lamp switch, and $44.97 for the relay. But the instal will look stock and work every time. If you use the wiring harness supplied with the ebay Fog Lamps you'll have to find a place to mount the relay,connect a chassis ground and instrument illumination wire in side the cabin, and connect battery power, battery ground in the engine bay, route and secure the harness. That's a lotta work. The other way with Toyota parts from www.toyotapart.com is easier.
  • chalupa102chalupa102 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot mlewandowski. I used the kit I got from ebay and installed the lights. It took some time hooking them up, but they work great.
  • pobbardpobbard Member Posts: 1
    Hi all. I just bought a 2006 Corolla and would like to install fog lamps. Looks like I can buy them on Ebay, but I have no previous car modification experience. I am reasonably competent with things mechanical, electrical, and electronic (computers) - what skills would I need to install them? Are there guides available anywhere?

Any advice would be appreciated.
  • yos25yos25 Member Posts: 1
    I just got the fog lights from ebay. I see my car come wired from factory. I was wondering if the only thing I have to do is connect the switch and the relay in the cabin... Can anyone help me please...???
    I looked for a place to connect the switch in the cabin and I can't find anything... Please help.
    How did you do it mlewandowski.
    Hi, the fog lamp kit sold on ebay is designed for a 2003 Camry. The lights fit the Corolla and connect to the factory wiring harness. With the additional purchase of the factory relay and turn signal/fog lamp switch, (www.toyotapart.com) the lights will work along with the auto-headlamp function. That is the easiest way to add the lamps. If you need more information let me know.
    Hi, I used this procedure to install the ebay fog lamps on a 2005 Corolla LE.

1) Push out the UGLY black fog lamp covers and discard.
    (Sell these things on ebay.)

2) Install the really great looking Fog Lamps that Toyota won't sell as an option. Remove the Phillips screw from the back of the new lamps, press the white plastic retainer into the small slot from behind. (Two small clips hold it in place.) Hook the gray plastic tab on the Lamp into the outboard slot and swing the Lamp assembly into position, Move the retainer as needed until the screw will mate and hold the Lamp. (Use a stubby screwdriver 'cause you don't have much room.)

3) Connect the Lamps to the existing wiring harness. Look for an oval shaped black connector taped up against the inside wall.

4) Repeat for the other side.

5) Install the Fog Lamp Relay, (Part Number 90080-87026.) in the under hood fuse box. (Lower right side of the panel.)

6) Replace the turn signal switch with the Fog Lamp/Turn Signal Switch, (Part Number 84140-02200.) Tilt the steering wheel down, remove three Phillips screws from the plastic steering wheel cover. (One brass screw is just to the right of the steering wheel tilt adjust lever, the other two are black and may be hidden by the steering wheel, swing it from side to side while looking at the cover thru the steering wheel, you'll find them.) Pull down on the plastic cover to separate and remove the lower half and push up and to the right to remove the upper half. Use the tip of a screwdriver blade to depress the black plastic retaining tab on the turn signal switch, remove switch and disconnect the white wiring harness. Install the new Fog Lamp switch, (Just line up the tabs with the metal bracket and push till it seats.) reconnect the wiring harness. Test you work. Replace the steering wheel covers, top first, This is the only part that is not a lot of fun, but it will snap back into place. Replace the steering column cover screws,
    that's it. The Lamps will work every time and look like a factory option.

"Live long, and prosper"
  • kliongkliong Member Posts: 1
    i also bought fog lamps from ebay unfortunately my corolla ce doesn't come with wiring harness, so i had to buy the after market foglamp, relay switch and wiring harness. i tried installing it with the supplied harness but it doesnt work!!! PLS HELP.
    on the lighting harness, I connected the red to red batt terminal; black to black batt terminal; blue to blue switch harness; and black ground to a ground on the chassis and it doesn't work nor does the light on the switch light up, there is still one green wire which i am not sure where it goes too, it hasn't been stripped off its cable shield.

any help will be well appreciated
  • tampajoshtampajosh Member Posts: 9
    What year is your CE? I'm just curious b/c I'm planning on installing fog lamps in my 06 CE and was hoping it wouldn't be too difficult.
  • doulosdoulos Member Posts: 5
    I just installed fog lamps on my 06 LE using the superb instructions from mlewandowski (#225). The whole process took about 40 minutes and was very easy.

I used the Vertex Racing fog lamps and the Toyota light switch that mounts on the steering column, but I didn't use the Toyota relay. AutoZone had an equivalent relay for 1/3 the price. Look for part #41-5154.

Since the LE is already wired for the fog lamps it was a matter of attaching these three pieces (lights, switch, relay) and now it's factory clean.

I can't tell you what an improvement the new lights are over those stock black plastic covers.

Thanks mlewandowski!
  • doulosdoulos Member Posts: 5
    If the CE is pre-wired for the lights like the LE is, it's a piece of cake (assuming you're buying the Toyota light stalk and not using the switch that comes with the fog lights).

You can tell if the CE is pre-wired by looking up under the car behind where the fog lights go for the unused oval plug. It should be taped to the frame nearby. You'll also see an empty FOG relay position in the fuse box in the engine compartment.

If the CE isn't pre-wired, then you'll have to use the aftermarket harness, relay, and switch that comes with the fog lights. More hassle, but it's not rocket science.

Good luck.
  • yomkiyomki Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I also have an LE corolla 2005 model and bought a fog lamp from ebay, I tried and checked all information from mlewandowski posting, but there seems to be some differences. The harnes I found don't match the bulb jack. And on the fuse box, there is a place for the fog relay but there is not wires connected to it. Do you think I found the wrong harness? Please advice.
  • drsnydrdrsnydr Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much for your instructions. My installation was flawless. I do have a question, though - I've read that the relay can be modified to allow the fog lamps to be on with high beams. I drive on some lonely dark roads and would like to have that lighting combination (for critters, if nothing else). Does anyone know how to do this? I saw instructions for doing it on a Boxster on the web somewhere, and it involved soldering a piece of wire between two of the relay's posts. Which two and would that work on a Corolla?
  • yomkiyomki Member Posts: 3
    Hi. me and my brother in law installed ebay aftermarket fog light on my 2005 corolla LE. We used the wire harness that came with the box since the harness that we found in my LE doesn't match the 9006 bulb (I really don't know why, and that's the only available harness I found in my car). With the wire harness that came with the box, there is a green wire that we connect to a powered wire (example is the outlet where you charge your cellphones). What he did, he attached the green wire on my alarm system power wire. So now, I can turn all my light at the same time. :)
  • fouradkinsfouradkins Member Posts: 1
    I purchased the Vertex fog lights and harness for my 2004 Corolla. If I use the supplied harness, where does it plug into the fuse block inside the dash for power? I wish I had wiring instructions, but none came with the kit.
  • roias4roias4 Member Posts: 2
    I just installed the original fog lamps on the 2005 corolla ce, besides the fog lamp relay do i need anything else to make it work?
    help pls
  • roias4roias4 Member Posts: 2
    if i'm installing the original fog lights on a corolla ce 2005 besides the fog lap relay on the fuse box what else do i need.
    pls help
  • richeyrobricheyrob Member Posts: 3
    I have purchased a 2006 Corolla LE and am going to use the same procedure you used. I have a couple questions before I get into this.
    1. Do you have to remove the covers underneath the vehicle to gain access to the Fog light installation area? It seems that is the only to get to them.

2. Do you need to disable the airbag system when installing the new Fog Lamp Turn signal switch.
  • dreyfusdreyfus Member Posts: 24
    No, you don't need to remove anything under the vehicle. I was able to see and reach the connectors from underneath without a problem. They're taped to the car just behind where the fog lamps are installed. Of course the lights themselves just screw in from the front.

No, you don't need to do anything with the airbag. Just remove the screws holding the upper and lower steering column cowlings and wiggle them off, then the screw holding the turn signal switch. It comes right out. Unplug it, plug in the new one, and then reverse the process.

It really is easy. Good luck.
    Thanks for the info dreyfus.

richeyrob
    I am getting rady to install all this good stuff (Fof Lights) on my 2006 Corolla LE but I have run into a couple of problems which makes my installation difficult, at least difficult for me.
    1. There is no wiring where the Fog relay goes in the relay box.
    2. There is no wiring to the 15 amp fog fuse holder in the relay box.
    3. So I am not so sure that the new Light switch will have the necessary wiring to it to operate the Fog lamps.
    4. So far haven't been able to find existing wiring to the fog lamp area.
    Appreciate any assistance.

Thanks Richeyrob
  • thekingtheking Member Posts: 107
    I sell Toyota........Let dealer install....you will have it under your 36k,36 month warranty...Sure install prices are high but I have seen unhappy customers in our service department who screwed up installation and we would not cover repair under warranty ! A dealer makes statements like that and a customer figures they are trying to get bucks on the install...You spent a lot for the vehicle...let a trained service rep who knows your car do the install !!!
  • dreyfusdreyfus Member Posts: 24
    Well, it sounds like you don't have the fog lamp wiring already installed, which is strange because it clearly is on my car (an '06 LE) as well as mlewandowski's.

So if you open your relay/fuse box in the engine compartment and look for the relay marked "fog" (check under the box lid), you should see the space for the fog relay. My fog relay location is in the lower right hand corner if you're standing at the driver-side fender looking towards the passenger side. There should be metal contacts in the box in this space so you can just plug in the appropriate relay.

If you don't have these, then your car isn't pre-wired for fog lights and you'll have to install them as per the instructions with the fog lights (self-installed wires to fuses & power, mounting an in-dash switch, etc. That just isn't nearly as nice as the plug-in process that mlewandowski and I used.

I shudder to think what Toyota would charge you to do a clean install if your car isn't pre-wired, but you may not have any choice if you want that factory-installed look.

If your car isn't pre-wired, I'm still certain that the fog-lamp-enabled turn signal stalk will just plug in and work. But you'll have to figure out the appropriate wiring harness connections to run new wire to the relay/fuse box and then to the fog lights themselves. That would be a ton of effort if you're not familiar with this kind of work and something that, yes, you probably should leave up to the dealer. It won't cost you anything to ask.
    1. To remove those ugly black plastic covers reach your hand under the car and push against the cover, they just pop out.

2. No. Replacing the turn signal switch requires removal of the plastic cover that surrounds the steering wheel shaft. The airbag system is not affected.
  • emmettrose1962emmettrose1962 Member Posts: 6
    I just priced the Toyota fogs, switch and relay from the dealer: total of over $631 just for the parts. I wonder if the '05 Corolla S lights will fit, that way I can try a junk yard. I'll buy PIAA universal lights before I give the dealer that kind of $$$. Anyone know of any alternatives? I tried online for the Vertex racing lights. Only lists to '04. Will they fit my '06? Are they any good? I appreciate any help from out there? :confuse:
  • emmettrose1962emmettrose1962 Member Posts: 6
    High is one thing, but you'll never justify $631 just for the parts, not to mention the hourly dealer rate, to me and probably not to anyone else either. By the way, I have an '06 LE and the dealers, in their infinite wisdom, wouldn't even offer the lights as an option. Couldn't get the JBL either...I didn't live in the right part of the country?!? :mad:
  • tn2014tn2014 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if I can install foglamps onto my 2004 Corolla LE? Advice is much appreciated! Thanks.
  • jade321jade321 Member Posts: 2
    can anyone help me.... i dont want to use the turn signal switch for my fog light switch.... i want to use a different on/off switch for my fog lights.... how can i wire it? thanks......
  • bulletsbullets Member Posts: 6
    How To Install Auxiliary Lights/Fog Lights w/diagram.

http://www.carcentral.net/content/guides/HowToInstallAuxiliaryLights.php

:shades:
    Bullets
  • jpaolijpaoli Member Posts: 26
    I have a 07 corolla with is prewired for fog lights.What i need to know is if i get the factory multifuction switch and a relay will the it work? :confuse:
  • twocents1twocents1 Member Posts: 4
    Hello!
    Im hopeing someone can help me out with installing foglights on my 2001 CE....When I did some bumper work which required me to take the bumper off I noticed a wire behind each of those ugly black plastic covers, which I am assuming is for fog lights. Any help on how to install and what parts I will need is greatly appreciated. Thx in advance!
  • ppcdc30ppcdc30 Member Posts: 18
    You can search e bay and find lots of them. They use a different style on and off switch that mounts in the dash in a existing hole.
  • hawkgrovehawkgrove Member Posts: 2
    I've read the thread on how to install fog lights. I just purchased a 2008 LE and looked under the bumper, found connectors on each side but the drivers side connecter looks different from the passengers side connector. Is this usual?
  • buffalotroybuffalotroy Member Posts: 2
    just bought a set from ebay for 55.00 dollars everything included lights relay switch
  • buffalotroybuffalotroy Member Posts: 2
    i have a 2007 corolla ce i just bought a set of oem fog lights from ebay everything included new in the box except instructions..... need help with wiring and is it difficult
  • manny_maravichmanny_maravich Member Posts: 2
    Hello
    I have a corolla 06 CE and did not bring the wiring up of the relay or fog lights conectors, I already have the turn signal head fog light switch, if someone can give me reference on the installation and a wiring diagram.

Thank you for your attention :confuse:
  • manny_maravichmanny_maravich Member Posts: 2
    Hello
    I have a corolla 06 CE and did not bring the wiring up of the relay or fog lights conectors, I already have the turn signal head fog light switch, if someone can give me reference on the installation and a wiring diagram.

Thank you for your attention :confuse:
  • jac2488jac2488 Member Posts: 2
    I have an 08 Corolla CE without the factory foglights, wiring, etc. There is an aftermarket complete kit, $200 for 07+ Corolla model specific which the seller insists is the only one for my car. Same seller has for $30 less a kit for a 02-04 Camry. Seller insists each kit is model specific and will not confirm or deny if Camry (cheaper) kit will fit on my Corolla. Searching the web have so far been fruitless as many have "heard of" or through second hand accounts "may work" but no first hand confirmation. I would appreciate hearing from those who have personal experience or have done this mod. Thank you in advance!
  • darrindkwdarrindkw Member Posts: 1
    i just purchased lights from ebay and did not come with instructions. i have read the blogs and you make it sound easy to install. i tried this yesterday and could not install them. does anybody have installation instruction for a dummy like me. ;}
  • jac2488jac2488 Member Posts: 2
    DIY: Fog Lights 05+Corolla - 9thgencorolla.com, following link xcllent pics & info

http://www.9thgencorolla.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80578

I TOO, AM EXPECTING MY EBAY YELLOW FOGS, GOOD LUCK! :)
  • terceltomterceltom Member Posts: 1,024
    Is a 2001 LE pre-wired with plugs behind the black plastic covers where the fogs will go?
This discussion has been closed.