Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

BMW X3 Tires Winter and Summer

peter1234peter1234 Member Posts: 3
I need to buy a set of winter tires for my X3. Please share your wisdom and experience... Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    What size?, where do you live?
  • Options
    peter1234peter1234 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks, Mark. My tire size is 235/55 R17H. My dealer recommended Dunlop SP Winter Sport; I checked reviews and they seem to be positive. I live near Toronto. Cheers, Peter
  • Options
    markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    I used Tirerack and came to the conclusion that the Dunlops would be a good choice.
  • Options
    vizviz Member Posts: 75
    Hello:
    Which one is a good car in winter - A4 quattro or X3 ? I live in NE ohio.
    I am surprised to hear that even X3 needs winter tires with all that AWD/dsc etc ...

Thanks,
    Viz
  • Options
    JimFaberJimFaber Member Posts: 1
    Hi, did you buy winter tires and are you happy with them? What did you get. I have the same issue with my X3.

Thanks,

Jim
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,365
    I live in the lower Ohio Valley, which means I deal with ice and snow on a somewhat infrequent basis. I fitted Pirelli PZero Nero M+S all-seasons to my wife's X3 and I have absolutely no complaints. After 30,000 miles they are still quiet and have @15,000 miles worth of tread left. I've driven the truck through over 15" of snow-and mud-with no drama whatsoever. That said, if you have to deal with winter weather on a constant basis I would advise going with a dedicated set of winter wheels and tires.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    x3wintertiresx3wintertires Member Posts: 1
    Can I change 235/40-19:255/40-19 staggered highperformance tires to 17 " allseason or winter tires.is there a problem with that
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    You'll need 235/55-17 tires...

also, you'll need 17" wheels....

Other than that... no problems..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jesabimmerjesabimmer Member Posts: 1
    I purchased the P nero zero - I live in Chicago and the last three years we have had more than our share of snow. I am totally pleased with the performance and decided not to buy a winter set of tires.
This discussion has been closed.