Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here (retired discussion, please see the new one)

Comments

• gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450

A very safe bet on the part of that reporter. If it is like the raises in CA to the highest tax in the Nation on gas, don't count on getting your roads fixed. Here they use it like the general fund. And our roads get worse and worse. I really can see the difference when I make my trips cross country. I avoid the Interstates and take the roads less traveled. I should start a log on which states maintain their roads best. TX does a very good job.

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704

The lowest price today in Alamogordo, NM, is $2.99 for RUG at the Texaco on N.White Sands Blvd. I might go grab some of that today because I have today and tomorrow off from work. I want ta go the 70 miles west to Las Cruces and enjoy some shopping. Won't be hard to convince my wife.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

Isn't the shopping better in El Paso? They have a Costco. Only a few more miles.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,298

in central ct... RUG is in the 3.60-3.70 range.

2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert

gaggrice...you're right, El Paso has many more stores, it's a city about 6-8 times larger population-wise than Las Cruces. But for some reason my wife doesn't like or perhaps "trust" us going to El Paso. We did visit the Zoo in El Paso, however, and we both enjoyed it a lot. I may present the idea to her again about going to El Paso. I'd rather head the extra 20 miles south and go to El Paso. I won't be going to Juarez for cheaper dental work, though. Too scary!

I am not fond of El Paso. I don't even like driving through there. I was just thinking of more shopping available. Las Cruces is probably a lot safer place to visit. One of our local Shell stations is up to $4.19 for RUG and $4.29 for Diesel.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Funny, we were skimming crime stats yesterday. Las Cruces is pretty high for property crimes. El Paso is one of the safest cities in the US on some other survey we read last year.

Iluv, I'm assuming that your regular is mostly 85 octane?

Stever, it is a lot of 85 octane but not all. Not sure of the percentages on that, I've just noticed a lot of 85 octane out here for sale. Yeah, we will go to Las Cruces if we go anywhere out of town tomorrow.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,976

Bump here in Colorado. Today RUG was $3.119 at the local grocery store. Paid $3.439 at Shell for PUG for the wife's SUV.

A couple of weeks ago RUG was $2.829 at the same grocery store station.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

Our wholesale tax bump here in PA is pretty solid, and SURPRISE, it looks like ALL of it got passed along to consumers. What a SHOCK.

9.5 cents on RUG, and almost 13 cents on diesel. And more increases planned for 2015 and beyond! Oh BOY

edited January 2014

You got another 20 cents to go if you want to keep up with CA. Correction 11 cents to catch us.

http://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-gas-overview/industry-economics/~/media/Files/Statistics/state-motor-fuel-taxes-report-summary.pdf

@gagrice said:
    You got another 20 cents to go if you want to keep up with CA. Correction 11 cents to catch us.

http://www.api.org/oil-and-natural-gas-overview/industry-economics/~/media/Files/Statistics/state-motor-fuel-taxes-report-summary.pdf

It's coming over the next few years. Planned increases nexgt year and two years after that for a total of at least 30 cents. It's also tied to inflation I think

• jae5jae5 Member Posts: 1,206

We're averaging $3.50 for 87 octane, with stations near the xpress / highways $3.70. Must be the derailment in ND, perhaps the Bears losing last week, maybe b/c they forgot to make winter blend,

I think the underlying price of the gas dropped a bit as we're back down 4 cents to $3.55... at least until the next excuse for a bump... like the sun coming up :)

Heh, we're holding at $3.49. Have a .21 cent per gallon grocery credit I need to take advantage of before the end of the month.

• jae5jae5 Member Posts: 1,206

I'm expecting another pump due to being buried in the snow up here and the -45* wind chill. We're being called Chiberia :'( due to the weather...

@jae5 said:
    I'm expecting another pump due to being buried in the snow up here and the -45* wind chill. We're being called Chiberia :'( due to the weather...

9 below right now in central PA with wind chills in the mid -30's

Glad I don't have to get out and fill up today!

Prices have not moved much here in Colorado. Local grocery store station is at $3.119 for RUG and $3.699 for ULSD.

And, we seem to be just outside the bubble of cold air affecting much of the US - our temp today is expected to be in the high 40's or low 50's. Everyone needs to stay safe and stay warm.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

edited January 2014

The lowest price for RUG here in Alamogordo, NM, is holding steady at $2.99/gal. That's at the Texaco on White Sands. Nice Texaco, groceries and goodies of pert-near all kinds plus a restaurant connected to it, too. Good place - it's at the north end of town near the Highway 82 intersection.

Yesterday the Mrs. and I finally took our little day trip. We passed the Aguirre Springs Park on the east side of the Organ Mountains and took note of it for another time. Soon. Great hikes there I read about on the net - one is 6 miles I believe, and the other one, the more popular one and with better views of the Tularosa Basin below, is about 4 miles. Pine Tree trail or something like that. Anyway, that destination will be on my list for the next set of 4 days off.

BTW-we went to the movies in Las Cruces. Saw 'The Secret Life of Walter Mitty' starring and directed by Ben Stiller. Great movie, sort of like 'Forrest Gump', but set in NYC. His adventure ends up taking him to Greenland, Iceland and Afghanistan (a very mountainous part of that nation, complete with guides to take him to his destination) on his quest to find a LIFE photographer (played by Sean Penn) and locate a film negative and save his job in NYC. Wonderful, playful movie with some beautiful nature photography and entertaining story line.

I am surprised that Walter Mitty finally made it to the big screen. This is a remake from the original in 1947. It was first proposed in 1994 with Jim Carrey. Now 19 years later it finally comes out. Have to watch for it on DVD at the library. Cheapest RUG here is Costco $3.49 diesel at Union76 is $3.91

Will the Saudis force down the price of oil to slow down our current oil boom?

New shale oil discoveries “are threats to any oil-producing country in the world,” said Prince Alwaleed in an interview with The Globe and Mail. “It is a pivot moment for any oil-producing country that has not diversified. Ninety-two percent of Saudi Arabia’s annual budget comes from oil. Definitely it is a worry and a concern.”

According to data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), fracking (and horizontal drilling) has resulted in the United States becoming (in 2010) the world’s largest natural gas producer. Also, in October 2013, domestic oil production surpassed the amount of oil imported into the United States for the first time since 1995.

In addition, because of fracking, America is projected to surpass Saudi Arabia and Russia as the largest oil producer in 2015, according to the EIA.

In 2008, the United States was producing 5 million barrels of crude oil per day; because of fracking, America is now producing 7 million barrels per day.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/saudi-billionaire-prince-fracking-competitively-threatens-any-oil

Paid $2.65 a gallon for regular.

We've been doing a lot of the ailing in-law's shopping the last couple of months and using our affinity card, but I had no idea the grocery kickback was up to $.84 cents a gallon. Held a bit over ten gallons so saved enough to pay for half of dinner tonight at the diner.

Usual price is $3.49.

Drop from $3.55 to $3.49 here in about to be frigid central PA

edited January 2014

Burned through the cheap tank fast on a long day for day surgery for the MIL.

Coming home I filled up for $3.20; not too shabby for this part of the world. Saw some E85 for $3.09 - wondered if it was kerosene at first.

I've officially lived in the UP too long now. Pumped the gas and cleaned the glass wearing my light ski jacket liner, barehanded, baseball cap. The bank thermometer down the street was reading minus 2. Dry pavement and beautiful clear skies; looked like northern lights conditions but no aurora spotted.

Dime bump up to $3.59 for RUG this morning.

I blame the Weather Channel and their never-ending "we're all gonna die because it might snow in February" act

Doing a shopping run out of town here in a bit and need gas. It was $3.47 last night but all the pumps were occupied so I've waited. My luck it'll pop a dime (the news has been saying Michigan was going up 9 cents this week).

The price of RUG at the local grocery store station jumped .15 from Sunday to Monday ($3.099 to $3.249). Fortunately, I filled up on Sunday and should be good until next weekend.

What's up with that?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Lucked out, station stayed at $3.47 and I got a dime off with my affinity card, so it came out to $3.37 a gallon. The out of town stations were mostly around $3.39.

Prices headed up after long time under $3.50. Cheapest Costco filled today $3.59. Shell local station $3.83. Diesel $3.89 at Mobil I used last fill up. They must use a lot of water in the gas here. So the drought has caused the price to rise so much.

Our local stations were a couple of cents cheaper than the out of town ones yesterday (found a good Mexican place an hour closer than our usual one). Guess the local station hasn't gotten the word yet. Didn't get out that way to check today, but I'd be surprised if the locals didn't bump up today.

My friend in west Texas told me their gas jumped twenty cents overnight. RUG there is $3.25.

I've seen a couple of pretty big jumps here in Colorado in the past couple of weeks as well. Went from $3.099 to $3.249 overnight, then another increase to $3.359 earlier this week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Yea, we bumped up a dime to $3.69 here two days ago. There MUST have been a good reason... like water is wet, fire is hot, or something like that

Gas prices jumped because Exxon flip flopped on fracking. Hm, guess it was just the CEO of Exxon that's joined the nimby's in complaining about a fracking water tower in his neighborhood. Exxon CEO Joins Suit Citing Fracking Concerns (WSJ)

@gagrice, so really, you're right. They do use a lot of water making "gas".

Interesting also that Dick Armey is in on the lawsuit. Reminiscent of the Kennedy's blocking Wind Farms in their neighborhood. Then it could just be a big ugly water tank like some in San Diego. We had a huge blowup over the ugliest tank you can imagine about a dozen years ago. They should have built their ranch out near Dubya and got off the utility grid.

http://www.examiner.com/article/seen-from-miles-around-combination-water-tank-has-foes-and-admirers

lol, missed that about Armey. Sure is funny how people turn green when it hits their backyard.

Next up, Report Your Local Water Prices Here.

@Stever@Edmunds said:
    lol, missed that about Armey. Sure is funny how people turn green when it hits their backyard.
    Next up, Report Your Local Water Prices Here.

Most months I spend more for water than Electricity, gas and diesel. If we were on city sewer it would be double. Averaged about $110 per month for water. Since buying the diesel Touareg I have averaged $84 per month on gas and diesel combined.

edited February 2014

We run around $75 a month and about half of that is for the bond stuff to pay off infrastructure improvements. Boise was essentially free, other than filters for the well water, but I sleep better at night being on city water. Several wells failed in our neighborhood in the decade we lived there, and they aren't cheap to replace.

Messy weather here so still haven't gotten down toward gasoline alley to check the latest prices.

This discussion is back btw; had a glitch moving it over to the new platform:

How does gas at $4 and higher impact you?

Heh... I go about $42 per quarter for water. Now milk is starting to get pricey!

Prices went up, but just a couple of cents. I was expecting a dime. Now selling RUG for $3.49.

@Stever@Edmunds said:
    Prices went up, but just a couple of cents. I was expecting a dime. Now selling RUG for $3.49.

What? No CRISIS affecting your gas price the same as the rest of us?? ;)

Went by Costco yesterday and they are now up to $3.65. Diesel holding at $3.85 with Shell diesel dropping from $4.09 to $3.95. Did someone say that Shell bought Valero? Our local Valero is now a Shell station. Right on I8 and expensive, RUG $3.93.

edited February 2014

@PFFlyer, we did get to enjoy a bit of the propane shortage last month. Went out to my in-laws back yard yesterday to check the gauge.

Snowshoes and shovel were required to gain access to the top. :)

Speaking of propane. My dealer is charging $3.75 right now. One dealer is gouging at $6.05 per GGE. Costco has a big sign selling Propane for $2.59 per GGE. any tank up to 100lbs. Makes you wonder if there is a shortage or just playing games.

edited February 2014

Ha, gas was up a dime today at my usual station to $3.59. Getting low on fuel so I went down the street. That station bumped diesel up a dime to $4.09 but regular was still at $3.49, so I filled up the Subaru. Eleven gallons so I saved enough to justify buying a lottery ticket. :p

edited February 2014

Guess I should have waited a day. Somehow I don't believe their forecast.

Gas Price Predictor Designed To Aid Consumers

edited March 2014

Up another dime to $3.69 for regular.

Oh, the last propane order was around $2.50 a gallon so that crisis must be over.

We're still SOLID at $3.69

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,298

Yesterday, went by a Citgo station $3.699 for RUG. Next to it was a Shell station charging $3.939. :s

2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert

We're apparently not going to budge off of $3.69 here (probably just jinxed it too)

That's what it was at home. Down here in the Detroit/Port Huron area most stations are $3.85. I managed to find some Speedy for $3.75 this afternoon and saw a couple of spots for $3.73. Diesel is mostly $4.25.

This discussion has been closed.