Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Ford F-150

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited January 2014 in Ford

It's all aluminum?! Will this kill the Ram and Silverado?

2015 Ford F-150 First Look Video

Comments

• just_focusjust_focus Member Posts: 53

I would like to know how much insurance is going to go up on all the aluminum body? I think the new F150 is going to save a owner about $500.00 a year in fuel but will you have to turn that savings over to the insurance man? just sayin

• jordan40jordan40 Member Posts: 109

Im going to get this truck when it is sold to the public. and i knew about this truck since 2012

• jordan40jordan40 Member Posts: 109

The aluminum is just the body the frame is the same steel frame. the insurance should still be about the same. it is the most fuel efficent truck i know about

• tallnurse83tallnurse83 Member Posts: 2
    I'm a Chevy fan but I was tooling around online looking into the aluminum being used. I guess its some space age alloy developed by NASA. Apparently its more dent resistant than the high strength steel currently used. I am also a fan of how ford decided to put a 2.7L turbo eco boost under the hood for those who don't need to haul 3000+ pounds and are concerned about fuel economy but don't want or can't fit behind the wheel of a compact. I'm 6'9" tall by the way so trucks are they way to go.