Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mercury Mountaineer error code PO204, injector circuit open cyl 4

meatbkrmeatbkr Member Posts: 8
edited January 2014 in Mercury

i recently replace the coil on plug on cyl 4, and it never did run much better, rough idle and some acceleration hesitation.sane as before the repair, the first code that came up was PO304 misfire on Cyl 4, then i replaced the coil and plug , after a week i got the code pO204, is they a fix for this on my 8 cyl. mountianeer.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

You could have an open circuit in that fuel injector, or a bad fuel injector, or worst case, a defect in the PCM module. Further testing would be required to pinpoint which one. But code 204 would certainly account for a misfire, and also throw you off into replacing parts that weren't necessary it sees.

• Options

so check the fuel injector first, right, is there any injector cleaner that might work

• Options

I'd test for electrical impulse first using a simple NOID light. No pulse, no injection. Maybe you could look carefully at the wiring for that injector and spot some fray or broken wire or ???

• Options

OK, thanks for the leads

• Options
  • Options

thank you, that my kind of tip, nothing to buy