Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

'Out the door' price on a 2014 Honda Accord Hybrid - Touring model

bikrbrake9bikrbrake9 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Honda

Looking for 'out the door' prices people are paying for this car in the Dallas, Tx area. I've gotten some quotes but they seem high to me. Also, has anyone seen any authoritative data (other than EPA ratings) on Honda's mileage claims for this hybrid?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266

@bikrbrake9 said:
    Looking for 'out the door' prices people are paying for this car in the Dallas, Tx area. I've gotten some quotes but they seem high to me. Also, has anyone seen any authoritative data (other than EPA ratings) on Honda's mileage claims for this hybrid?

Hi... we have a pretty active Accord pricing discussion, here:

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/16722/honda/x/2014-honda-accord-prices-paid-and-buying-experiences#latest

Might have a better chance of a response with a post in that discussion..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    107main107main Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2014

The other thread is for Accords, NOT Accord Hybrids, two different animals, especially when it comes to discounts.
    Right now all Honda dealers are trying to get MSRP or more for these cars. I have saw a base model advertised on Auto Trader for $27k, but that was the only one and it was gone immediately. There are 2014 used ones for sale, but they are advertised for more than list. Probably, if you could ket $1K off MSRP now, you would be doing good. I am looking at them too, but my fear is that I see they are not getting the advertised miles with many reports in the 34-40 MPG range! A regular 4 cylinder gas model will get in that range if you drive reasonably and you can get almost $3k off MSRP all day long if you try. Good luck.

• Options
    jayblazerjayblazer Member Posts: 3
    I'm debating between the touring v6 and the hybrid and my target price is 34.5k for the hybrid but I doubt I'll get it.
  • Options
    rickpoolerickpoole Member Posts: 27

Check out fuelly.com, it is supposed to be real fill up data from car owners. I test drove the 2014 Accord hybrid 5 times and never could get over 40 MPG, even when driving very conservatively. The fuelly data shows slightly over 39 MPG for the Accord hybrid. I too saw very high asking prices in the Dallas area and ended up getting a fully loaded 2014 Camry XLE Hybrid for about $6000 less than the Accord hybrid (including financing). Price on the Accord was $36.4K + TTL and 1.9% for 60 months, price on the Camry was $31.4K + TTL + 0% for 72 months. Local Honda dealers were not interested in trying to match, or even come close to the Toyota deal. The Accord may be a slightly better car than the Camry but I couldn't justify spending $6K more on it.

• Options
    gjpereragjperera Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2014

I paid $30.4k OTD with trade (Tampa, FL), without the trade it would have been $36.5k OTD. Accord Hybrid Touring with splash guards, trunk liner and wheel locks. I have a Costco membership which helped with pricing.

Trade offset about 2.4k in taxes.