Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Looking for a luxury sports car under $35000.

nucmastnucmast Member Posts: 2

I recently wish to purchase a new car for myself to drive, but have a set budget of $35000. What is the best luxury sports coupe/sedan I can get for the price?

Comments

• Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311

I think a base BMW 320i is an excellent car. It's difficult to find one without options, but if you can the MSRP starts at $33,000.

2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    benjaminhbenjaminh Member Posts: 6,311

For the same price, however, you can get a loaded to the gills, top-of-the-line, Honda Accord Touring model with a V-6. The Accord would actually be the faster car....

2018 Acura TLX 2.4 Tech 4WS (mine), 2018 Honda CR-V EX AWD (wife's)
  • Options
    MarkHolthoffMarkHolthoff Member Posts: 101

See if you can find a new 2013 BWM 128i for sale. The 1-series is being replaced by the brand-new 2-series, so you may be able to get a good deal as dealerships make way for the new model. Also, the 128i has arguably the better engine (an inline six vs. the 228i's turbo four) and also offers old-fashioned hydraulic steering (vs. the 228i's electric), which should offer better feel.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343

@nucmast said:
    I recently wish to purchase a new car for myself to drive, but have a set budget of $35000. What is the best luxury sports coupe/sedan I can get for the price?

If you are considering leasing, the VW CC has some stellar deals. While not a "luxury" make, it has the same drivetrain as an Audi, and plenty of creature comforts, plus sporty looks, handling and acceleration.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

A reporter is looking to speak with someone who recently bought a fully-loaded 2014 vehicle with all the bells and whistles, including navigation and infotainment features. If you can assist, please reach out to pr@edmunds.com with your contact info by 4/13/14.