Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2009 Aveo transmission issues

dragonstromdragonstrom Member Posts: 1
edited April 2014 in Chevrolet

Just last week my car started to make a very loud sound when starting off the line at a stop light or from being parked. It was as if the car was working much harder than it had to previously when getting started. Once it was moving forward thing seemed fine. That is till yesterday, now as I was driving it would feel like the car would slide out of gear. I would get no acceleration (like the car was suddenly put into neutral). This is extremely scary as I was in the middle of driving when this happened more than once. Now I can't get the car to go at all. This is the first Chevy I've owned and I don't think I'll ever by another one. I had the car towed to my mechanic's shop and they are looking at it now. Maybe I'm just used to more reliable cars, but I've never had a car with possible transmission issues at 90k miles. Comes at a really bad time moneywise as well.

Comments

• Options
    skyltsemskyltsem Member Posts: 3

I think Its better if you asked about your problem in the Aveoforum.

Skyline Transmission Repair
    North East Citizens Action, Grand Rapids
    Michigan- 49525
    Phone number- (616) 200-8111

• Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

Hello dragonstorm,

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing concerns with your transmission. We'd like the opportunity to assist you further. If you'd like our assistance please reach out to us via email at socialmedia@gm.com. We hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,

Andraya R.
    GM Customer Care