Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 and Earlier Dodge Challenger Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,068
edited May 2015 in Dodge
To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Dodge Challenger Lease Questions forum.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 Dodge Challenger page.

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• don_giodon_gio Member Posts: 4
    hello guys, what are the current 2 year and 3 year lease rates and residuals on the 2010 challenger SRT?

thanks!!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Don. Chrysler is not currently providing any lease support on the Dodge Challenger. You can still lease one through GMAC (ironically that's who Chrysler runs its leases through now), however the program won't be very attractive. You would have to use its standard lease rate, which is probably around five and a half percent for Chrysler products right now.

GMAC's current residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 Dodge Charger SRT8 with 15,000 miles per year is 46%.

If I was interested in getting this car, rather than leasing it I personally would take advantage of the special rates that are available on it right now and finance it. You can finance a '10 Charger at 1.9% for 60 months.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • wtalbotwtalbot Member Posts: 14
    I see 1.9% APR for 60 months. Is there no lease deals or anything else on these cars out there?
    Hi wtalbot. Unfortunately, Chrysler is not providing any lease support on the Dodge Challenger at time time.

As you mentioned, there is 1.9% financing for 60 months on this car. In lieu of the special rate there is $1,000 customer cash. Chrysler is also running another special program that gives people who purchase a 2010 Challenger an additional $1,000 cash or $1,700 in free accessories.

Car_man
    Host
  • sphereboysphereboy Member Posts: 3
    I'm surprised to read on this forum that there no leases for Dodge Challengers. Or am i misunderstanding the conversation? How's it looking for the new 2011 Dodge Challengers? I'm interested in leasing one of these, and don't have the confidence to finance one of these bad boys.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,068
    The last post here was in July... those things change on a monthly basis..

Car_man has the information, and will be here to reply, before long...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi sphereboy. Unfortunately, there hasn't been any change...Chrysler still isn't providing any lease support on the Dodge Challenger. One might be able to lease one if they really wanted to, but it would not be a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • sphereboysphereboy Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Car_man for getting back to me. Any specific reason why? Do they have a poor resale value? I'm considering buying the car as well but it's my first Dodge and wanted to do the lease first.. or lease to buy. Any insight would be beneficial. THanks in advance.
    No problem sphereboy. It's tough to say. The residual values might be part of it. Also, the production / demand for this car is probably in line meaning that Chrysler can sell all that it is producing without providing a lot of support.

Car_man
    Host
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,149
    If you drive a new Camaro, Mustang or Challenger and are under 35, a reporter wants to interview you. Please email pr@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info and a few words about your choice no later than July 1, 2011. Thanks!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• snaprollsnaproll Member Posts: 23
    Does anyone know the details on this lease, it is published on Dodge's website at $299 for 36 months with $2499 due at signing with an MSRP of $25,920. They don't publish enough information to figure out the cap cost or the residual. I am interested in leasing this vehicle of 36 months with 10k miles per year. Also, is there any incentive money on the lease and is lease conquest available.
  • eagle9595eagle9595 Member Posts: 15
    Working a deal on a 2013 R/T Classic. MSRP $39,665. Sale price $33,665. $3,500 cash down + tax, tag etc. Adjusted cap cost is $31,160. 12k miles a year, 24 months. Dodge's website gives me an estimated payment of $290 a month + tax. My dealer says he is at 39 months $428 per month + tax with same downpayment. Can car_man please assist with my question please? Is the Dodge search new inventory website off by that much or is the dealer looking to just get a better deal for themselves? I also noticed they have low lease payments on new Chargers as well and if the website is wrong it is quite misleading and a big turnoff. Thanks.
  • eagle9595eagle9595 Member Posts: 15
    Working a deal on a 2013 R/T Classic. MSRP $39,665. Sale price $33,665. $3,500 cash down + tax, tag etc. Adjusted cap cost is $31,160. 12k miles a year, 24 months. Dodge's website gives me an estimated payment of $290 a month + tax. My dealer says he is at 39 months $428 per month + tax with same downpayment. Can car_man please assist with my question please? Is the Dodge search new inventory website off by that much or is the dealer looking to just get a better deal for themselves? I also noticed they have low lease payments on new Chargers as well and if the website is wrong it is quite misleading and a big turnoff. Thanks.
  • chuck68516chuck68516 Member Posts: 195
    You'll have to figure out what the residual rate and lease rate the dealer is using as well as the sale price and rebate amount. If you do, please post it here as I am curious of the deal you get. Thanks.
  • keys6505keys6505 Member Posts: 2
    Hey car man,
    Can u please tell me the MF and residual on a 2012 Challenger R/T lease for 36mo at 12k miles/year. Thanks in advance
    Hi keys6505. I don't think that Chrysler is providing lease support on the 2012 Challenger any longer. In fact, I don't think that it is providing any lease support on the 2013 model either. As a result, I don't think that the Challenger leases very well.

If you really want to get a 2012 model, you probably would be better off financing it at 0% fir 5 years or 1.9% for 6 years.

Car_man
    Host
  • bmclark3bmclark3 Member Posts: 14
    Car_man,

Could you please post the residual and money factor for the advertised lease special for the Challenger SXT for 24 and 36 months (12k miles).

Are there any additional cap cost reductions with this program? Can the $1000 Conquest cash, USAA and Farm Bureau CCR's be combined as well?

Thank you so much for the information!
  • bmclark3bmclark3 Member Posts: 14
    I'm sorry for all the questions, but could I also see the residual and money factor for the RT but only for 36 months/12k year and any applicable CCRs. Thank you so much Car_man I really do appreciate the assistance.
    Here you go bmclark3. Ally's February base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Dodge Challenger SXT with 12,000 miles per year are 0.41% and 69%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 3.65% and 58%.

Chrysler is currently providing a $500 cash incentive on leases of this car.

I suspect that all of the programs that you mentioned can indeed be combined, but you should check with the dealer to find out for certain.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem at all bmclark3. The numbers for a 36 / 12 lease of an RT are 3.21% and 61%.

The cash incentives would be the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • ejm12ejm12 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there. Looking at a 2013 Challenger SXT Plus LEASE. MSRP $30,680 (Sound Package II). Dealer invoice price $29,344. Costco price $28,344. $1500 in rebates = $26,844. There's some bank fee that seems vague. Being told the CAP Cost is $27,343. Being told the residual value is 59% @ 10k miles/year, 36 month lease. 3.64% APR. Monthly payment of $326/mo. + tax = $356/mo. Wondering if this residual value is accurate? This seems like a good deal, but I haven't reached out to any other dealers yet. Thanks.
  • fastsvofastsvo Member Posts: 31

Anyone know the current amount of hold back and incentives on a 2014 Challenger R/T?

@fastsvo said:
    Anyone know the current amount of hold back and incentives on a 2014 Challenger R/T?

Incentives are here:

http://www.edmunds.com/dodge/challenger/2014/car-incentives.html

Holdback is here:

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/dealer-holdback/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• chryslergroupchryslergroup Member Posts: 35

You can also check for current incentives on the Dodge website under cost towards the bottom of the page. The website is www.Dodge.com

Lisa
    Customer Care
    Chrysler Group LLC

• kermitdogkermitdog Member Posts: 38
    Please post MF and residual for 2014 challenger SXT coupe V6 automatic. 36 months, 15,000 miles per year. Thank you.
    kermitdog said:

Please post MF and residual for 2014 challenger SXT coupe V6 automatic. 36 months, 15,000 miles per year. Thank you.

.00138 MF and 53% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. 39 month residual is also 53%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    To discuss the latest lease details for the current model, please join us in the 2015 Dodge Challenger Lease Questions forum.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

This discussion has been closed.