Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here (retired discussion, please see the new one)

Comments

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

Well I always have my Sheetz card to get 3 cents off, and today the wife filled up at Giant using our bonus points and got 50 cents off B)

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited March 2014

Nice, I saved like $6 with my grocery credit back home. Heading for Buffalo via Niagara Falls, weather permitting, on Monday and want to try to get across Ontario without having to get petrol.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,304

@Stever@Edmunds said:
    Nice, I saved like $6 with my grocery credit back home. Heading for Buffalo via Niagara Falls, weather permitting, on Monday and want to try to get across Ontario without having to get petrol.

2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert

The nav is pretty good about finding them.

Gas stations, not cops.

Heh...Tonawanda is an interesting place when you're wandering around side streets.

• gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450

The good times are here for diesel owners. Prices for diesel have come down and gas not so much.

http://www.sandiegogasprices.com/ARCO_Gas_Stations/Carlsbad/23330/index.aspx

edited March 2014

cancel

@gagrice said:
    The good times are here for diesel owners. Prices for diesel have come down and gas not so much.

I saw a sign the other day: RUG $3.659 Diesel $4.519

@explorerx4 said:
    I saw a sign the other day: RUG $3.659 Diesel $4.519

I would have to move. I just read where a large number of people in the NE are switching to wood for heat as fuel oil (diesel) is so expensive. Should make the air better to breath. :'(

Wood as a main heating source in homes has gained popularity in many areas of the country in recent years, but the increase is most notable in the Northeast. All nine states in the New England and the Middle Atlantic Census divisions saw at least a 50% jump from 2005 to 2012 in the number of households that rely on wood as the main heating source. As the use of fuel oil and kerosene in this region has declined in recent years, many households have turned to lower-cost alternatives, including wood.

http://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.cfm?id=15431

Haven't filled up yet, but the tank is getting low, here in NE Virginia at my sister's house. Regular is running $3.26 so that's a nice surprise. Quite a bit cheaper that it was in Pennsylvania. Sitting in a Denny's getting some work done but can't make out the diesel sign at the Shell next door - never buy a stone house in the country and expect to have any indoor cell coverage. My sister really needs to move. ;)

5 cent drop yesterday to $3.65 here... of course it happened AFTER I had to fill up in the morning at $3.69

As soon as 100 pennies stop being a dollar, I'll stop picking them up

And we have THIS going for us too

States with highest gas taxes

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,139

I noticed yesterday evening a local Chevron had PUG for 3.99, diesel for 3.95. Same trend as a year ago, before it fell apart in the summer.

@PFFlyer@Edmunds, our gas taxes are high in Michigan because salt isn't cheap.

Our taxes in CA are the highest and our roads among the worstest. Just because our politicians are inept and never met a tax they did not like. CA is leading the race to the bottom.

The Connecticut picture (#4) was taken very close to where I work.

edited March 2014

We still have a "temporary" 10 cents on ours that was added to deal with all the extra snow removal in the winter of '94

I'm still looking for the dictionary with that definition of TEMPORARY

I prefer driving an SUV as protection from poorly maintained roads in CA. Others may just beef up their tires as protection.

$3.25 on the road, running about $3.17 for RUG around Chattanooga. Diesel has been between $3.81 and $4.09 along I-81 in VA/TN.

Maybe our prices have stayed up because it's tougher to move gas through the snow!

Another 2 cents to $3.63

Those savings are gonna add up fast now...uh huh

Got gas in Ducktown TN this afternoon for $3.25 at an Exxon. Wondered if I should have waited until we crossed over into N. Georgia, but was surprised to find higher gas prices in GA so I done good. Cheapest around the Helen area (outside the tourist "trap") was $3.35 for regular.

So, we must be a REAL tourist trap here since we're still at $3.63 B)

And it's not even a football weekend, lol. Gas in the tourist town is $3.55. Did stumble onto a homemade sausage and biscuit for $1.69 and fifty cent coffee while hunting for milk for the cooler, and got a morning hike in, so it's not all bad.

@Stever@Edmunds said:
    And it's not even a football weekend, lol. Gas in the tourist town is $3.55. Did stumble onto a homemade sausage and biscuit for $1.69 and fifty cent coffee while hunting for milk for the cooler, and got a morning hike in, so it's not all bad.

Cheapest RUG here is RONCO at $3.78. ARCO cash RUG is 3.95 and ULSD for $3.79

http://www.sandiegogasprices.com/ARCO_Gas_Stations/Carlsbad/23330/index.aspx

Ronco? You'd buy gas "as seen on TV?" B)

@Stever@Edmunds said:
    Ronco? You'd buy gas "as seen on TV?" B)

I wonder if that is the same guy? First time I saw that name attached to a gas station. Maybe you get a free Popeil Pocket Fishing rod with every fill-up.

edited March 2014

Costco RUG took a big jump this week. I filled on Monday for $3.73 and today it is at $3.86. I can still get Chevron diesel for $3.89. No name diesel is $3.79. Still cheaper than last year this time.

$3.59 at the moment. An "event" weekend coming up, so I expect one of those "it's just supply and demand" bumps... even though the bump always seems to anticipate the demand

Up to $3.79 for regular here. Really snuck up there pretty fast. Must be getting close to summer driving season.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011

RUG dropped to $3.439 at my local Kroger station. Paid $3.859 for V-Power 91 at the Shell station for the wife's car on Sunday.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Checked Costco this morning on Gas Buddy. It showed $3.85 for RUG at 6:30am. When I got there at 9:30am and the price was $3.93. Still a bit less than last year this time.

Prices at my local Kroger here in Colorado are starting to drop. RUG went from $3.499 to $3.439 to $3.419 in the past couple of weeks.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Just filled the Explorer. 20.5 gallons of RUG @ 3.799.

Filled up the Subaru at $3.79, before getting a dime a gallon off with the grocery card.

We have a bit of a range right now, which is odd... $3.59 - $3.69

Feels like an uptick coming :(

I was right... this morning's drive, my fillup spot bumped up a dime to $3.69

Bump... $3.75

Just in time for me needing gas for the tractor!

edited April 2014

Regular is running $3.52 to $3.79 around here. Wider spread that usual over one of our 75 mile routes.

@Stever@Edmunds said:
    Regular is running $3.52 to $3.79 around here. Wider spread that usual over one of our 75 mile routes.

RUG is still running around $3.40/gal here in Colorado, before any loyalty discounts. ULSD is $3.74/gal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342

3.99.9 a gallon here in the Seattle area!

Bumped up a dime to $3.85 on Friday :(

@PFFlyer@Edmunds said:
    Bumped up a dime to $3.85 on Friday :(

Ours came down 3 cents this past week ... $3.369 for RUG at Kroger.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

in central CT...
    paid 3.919 for RUG, up 12 cents since 2 weeks ago.

Heading "south". RUG is $3.79 at home, $3.69 in most of N. Wisconsin and $3.59 in the Madison area. Crossing the Mississippi tomorrow to ethanol territory.

Flew to CA yesterday to visit the folks. I am gobsmacked at how expensive gas is here .. a full $1 higher than what I'm paying in Colorado.

Good thing I'm in a rental Sonata Hybrid this week. 38-39 MPG so far after about 60 miles.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Filled up in Madtown for $3.53. Jumped a dime crossing into Iowa, but fell down to $3.49 once we headed up river.

$3.74 locally, down a nickel the last week or so.

The crossroads station a half hour from here has RUG for $3.59. Diesel is $4.19. They typically have a "gouging" diesel price up but the differential usually is forty or fifty cents, not sixty.

Still hanging at $3.83 here

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342

Regular was 4.04.9 a gallon yesterday!

This discussion has been closed.