Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru VIP Pricing

jerrys2jerrys2 Member Posts: 189
edited June 2014 in Subaru

I am eligible for VIP pricing , invoice less 2%. Can I attempt to obtain additional discounts from dealer ? I plan to purchase 2015 Outback. Jerry .

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760

Is the VIP pricing similar to supplier pricing, or through an affinity program (like USAA)? If so, you should be eligible for any additional incentives that Subaru offers to everyone (like college grad rebates, etc), but I doubt there is anything extra on a new 2015 model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jerrys2jerrys2 Member Posts: 189

Agree about the incentives , but when I walk in with my VIP certificate which provides 2% below invoice can I then work with the dealer to get further reductions ?

I.e. if 30 k is 2% below invoice can I offer 28k ?

JUICE where are you now when I need you ? :)

Usually, when you use a plan like that... they have to stick right to it, because Subaru reimburses the dealer for a certain amount. I've used supplier pricing with Infiniti, and there were forms and disclosures.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

That is my concern also. Perhaps I should attempt to do better than 2% before presenting VIP doc. Might be difficult this early in the model year.

That would be my plan, but as you note, not a big chance of success.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dilberticdilbertic Member Posts: 63

My friend just told me about this program and I am looking to buy a 2015 outback for my mother, the sales guy I have been working with is telling me most dealers will be charging full msrp since it a new release, so I am looking at my options, whats the best place to get into this VIP program?

Membership in certain organizations like Professional Ski Instructors, or associations I don't have a list but you can probably find it on the net. Also some employers offer it . Maybe credit unions.