Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Report Your Local Gas Prices Here (retired discussion, please see the new one)

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,042

@isellhondas said:
    Regular was 4.04.9 a gallon yesterday!

I was in California last week and was shocked at the price of gas there .. a full $1 more than what I'm paying here in Colorado.

RUG is down a couple pennies this week to $3.349 at the local Kroger.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372

Dropped to $3.79 here. None of these price moves make any sense

• gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    edited May 2014

Filled with Shell diesel $3.98, RUG $4.17 Pretty much the low end of the prices here. My Costco dropped down from $4.05 for RUG last week to $3.99. You can find RUG in San Diego County from a low of $3.85 (Navy base) to $4.89

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

Popped up to $3.84 for regular. Summer drivetime must be here.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,140

I was at a Chevron in Cashmere, WA today - saw RUG for 3.89, diesel 3.96

Still hanging at $3.79 here in Happy Valley

@PF_Flyer said:
    Still hanging at $3.79 here in Happy Valley

Local Kroger has RUG at $3.339/gal.

Spent last week in New Mexico - gas prices there are about the same as they are in Colorado. RUG in the $3.30 range; Shell V-Power 91 was between $3.75-$3.90/gal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• j_mariukj_mariuk Member Posts: 2

1.50 for 87

@j_mariuk, where in the world are you? Is that price per liter?

My 2 cents... down that is... $3.77

$3.84 at home and got a few cents off last night with the affinity card.

Got about 424 miles on the tank in the '09 Grand Caravan and around 24 mph today. Better than I was hoping for, especially since it's crammed to the gills with household stuff. Had to fill up in MN before crossing into Iowa. Paid $3.49 a gallon for regular. There was some for $3.29 across the state line and then it bumped back up to $3.49 about 30 miles "inland" from the Mississippi.

The mpg gauge in the car is pretty close to the hand calculation.

Down 2 more to $3.75

Clink, clink... $3.73

@PF_Flyer said:
    Clink, clink... $3.73

Yep, same here in Colorado. RUG is $3.459 at the local Kroger. Was $3.339 just 10 days ago.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited June 2014

I have never seen so many stations closed up or names changed. Most of the Shell stations in Evansville Indiana are now Chuckles. No way I am going to buy gas from a station with that name. Across the Ohio river in Henderson there are three Marathon stations closed and the Shell station does not sell diesel. The choices are Kangaroo, Chuckles and a few other non brand name stations.
    Cheapest Gas $3.66 cash and diesel $3.73 cash. That is from a place that specializes in fried chicken. Dodge's Fried chicken and gas.

http://dodgessouthernstyle.com/chicken/

edited June 2014

Regular was $3.29 at the grocery in Taos the other day, $3.32 to $3.49 in Las Cruces. Looks like the base is now 86 octane; haven't seen any 85 yet.

@stever said:
    Regular was $3.29 at the grocery in Taos the other day, $3.32 to $3.49 in Las Cruces. Looks like the base is now 86 octane; haven't seen any 85 yet.

You won't. 86 is regular unleaded in NM. Colorado does 85 due to the altitude.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@Michaell said:
    You won't. 86 is regular unleaded in NM. Colorado does 85 due to the altitude.

Best mileage ever on several gas vehicles including my Sequoia and GMC Sierra hybrid was using Colorado 85 octane on trips through your state. With my VW diesel the worst mileage I get is wonderful. :)

edited June 2014

@Michaell, I thought I saw some 85 in NM last year, but we went home via CO that trip and that's probably where I saw the 85. Taos is over 7,000 feet and we're just under 4,000 feet here in Las Cruces. Only got gas twice so far so haven't eyeballed a lot of pumps, but 86 seems to be the norm for regular.

(Maybe we should get into the altitude/elevation discussion that's been running here for at least a decade. :D )

Chuckles gas?? I suppose it could have been a worse name like MayB Gas :p

Kill two birds:

12 cent "Iraq bump" up to $3.85 here :'(

$3.43 for regular at a Valero in Alamogordo, but I would have paid more if I had known the pay at the pump wasn't working. The other stations "out of town" were $3.59 for RUG - diesel was $3.95. Midgrade and premium were less than diesel but didn't note the actual numbers. Octane was 87.

edited June 2014

I was going to get gas in Liberal Kansas just now, mostly to see if I could get the low fuel light to come on. But my wife convinced me that Texas gas would be cheaper. So, instead of checking gasbuddy.com, I filled at a Loves for $3.45 a gallon. Crossed into Kansas around 30 miles down the road and regular here is $3.55. Put almost 18 gallons in (mpg was ~24.9) and the range was around 455. Supposedly this van could go 500 miles of highway driving. That's 100 miles better than the max potential of my old Quest.

Smallest regular/diesel spread I saw today was around twenty cents. It's a 45 cent differential here in Liberal.

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704

You were recently in Alamogordo, stever? Were you just passin' through? The Sav-Mat behind Lowe's Grocery on 10th St. in Alamogordo is $3.39 now and they are usually the cheapest one in town.

Yer now in Kansas?

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

@iluvmysephia1, yeah, I was there - where were you? :p

Made it just south of St. Paul MN tonight; stopped early enough to enjoy the campground (and the skeeters). Home tomorrow but back down your way, hopefully for good, sometime in August or September.

Gas near here was $3.59 for RUG. Another 400 mile tank, but the mpg slipped to 23ish. A lot of Interstate and AC running.

Yer comin' back? Excellent! We can grab gagrice and go have a drink somewhere sometime. My wife and I briefly flirted with Flagstaff, AZ, I interviewed for a Sleep Study Tech. job there. Turns out it wouldn't fit with our spiritual routine well so I said no.

Anyhoo-glad ta be back here in little Alamogordo. It gets hot but A/C at work, home, car, shopping is the ticket. Cool ta hear you might settle here.

edited June 2014

Yeah, we still like Las Cruces and the heat was fine. Definitely will have to have a drive and meet. :-) Got to do brunch with co-host @Michaell in Colorado driving down your way and that was really fun.

Flag is a great place but too much elevation and too cold in the winter. Several of our old Alaska boater friends landed there.

Not sure why, but gas down your way is thirty to forty cents a gallon cheaper than the Midwest, so there's a nice benefit.

edited June 2014

Yep-glad ta be home in Alamo. I have a good work situation that doesn't conflict with our spiritual routine so I'm not going to upset the apple cart. Aguirre Springs just got designated a National Park, which means fees that are not paid now, but that place is really pretty. I love the Organ Mountains near Las Cruces. Las Cruces is usually a destination for Monday or Tuesday days for us; we go out to eat, or to a movie and we go shopping there. They have a great Barnes and Noble store there!

Yeah, I was happy to see the new monument status for the Organ Mountains. And we drove by a B&N the first day there. Home tonight in $3.89 country - have to get some grocery credits before filling the van again.

The fintail drank down some $4.16 Chevron PUG today - that price after a 16 cent Sunday only cash discount (beats the Amex reward). Going on a little road trip in a few days, will fill up the Bluetec tomorrow.

Bump to $3.89 here. Just in time for needing to travel a bit this weekend

Just did a trip down to southern DE over the weekend. $3.89 here in State College, $3.65 in the Harrisburg, PA area, $3.61 in Lower Slower DE

$3.85 here in Happy Valley, but you don't have to get too far down the road for it to drop to the $3.65 - $3.69 range. We must have the "good gas"

Same price here. The cheap gas last week, some 40 miles away, was around $3.55. It was definitely an outlier last week; most was $3.75ish everywhere else.

@stever said:
    Same price here. The cheap gas last week, some 40 miles away, was around $3.55. It was definitely an outlier last week; most was $3.75ish everywhere else.

$3.55 over the weekend at the local Kroger. Got .20 off when I filled up on Saturday.

Hoping for a small decrease now that the holiday is behind us.

Paid $4.01 for V-Power 91 for the wife's car last week.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

@PF_Flyer said:
    $3.85 here in Happy Valley, but you don't have to get too far down the road for it to drop to the $3.65 - $3.69 range. We must have the "good gas"

Just filled the PU truck with RUG from Costco. Price lowest in San Diego county at $3.85. Cheapest diesel today listed at $3.89. We have a wide choice in prices for RUG, from $3.85 to $4.75. We can have a 80 cent difference within a block of each other. The Shell were the El Cajon cops fill their vehicles is at $4.69. That station is always higher than any other in the area. Why not it is the tax payers money. :'(

Paid 3.99 for Chevron diesel today - RUG was 4.05 or so, I think.

• berriberri Member Posts: 10,165

Always some con game for summer gas prices. Kind of unusual around here at least to see diesel cheaper than regular.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,308
    edited July 2014

In central CT... Paid 3.939 for RUG yesterday, including 6 cents for using credit card to pay.

2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert

$3.85 remains in effect. Jul-Sep is 5% cash back for gas purchases using Discover

Slipped down to $3.79 here in two steps over the last 5 days.

We're in lockstep - fell a nickel here to $3.79 too.

Spent the weekend in Orange County. Did not see RUG under $4. Most stations post a slight discount for Cash. It seemed like less stations selling diesel. The Shell next to our Hotel had Diesel for $3.99 Cash. $4.04 CC. Up and back and lots of running around and only used a quarter of a tank. Probably will not fill for a couple weeks.

$3.77

The steps down are always pretty small!

Ha, we outstepped you. Down a nickel to $3.74, $3.65 out of town.

Down yet again, another nickel to $3.69. It's a regular free fall.

Speaking of gas prices. It is very likely the plane that got shot down over Ukraine was taking the shortest route to SAVE GAS (Jet fuel).

As for why the plane flew over unstable Ukraine, even after some warnings had been issued, he points out it was still the most direct route.

“They probably figured it was just a safe way, and fuel is expensive,” said Conroy.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/07/17/aviation-expert-crash-investigators-will-complete-autopsy-on-plane/

Haven't got a link but some talking head said weather may have been a factor.

$3.75

This discussion has been closed.