Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan leasing agreement termination date

darnoc23darnoc23 Member Posts: 16
edited July 2014 in Nissan

Hello. We had a lease that was due on August 2014. We decided to release from the same dealership on June 14th. My question, since the dealer purchased our vehicle from our old lease, doesn't that mean our payments for July and August should be cancelled? Nissan Finance is stating the payment is still due. Can anyone advise on the lease process in this scenario. I've leased previously and termed 90 days prior to expiration and never had this scenario occur. Any advise is appreciated. thank you.

Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266

@darnoc23 said:
    Hello. We had a lease that was due on August 2014. We decided to release from the same dealership on June 14th. My question, since the dealer purchased our vehicle from our old lease, doesn't that mean our payments for July and August should be cancelled? Nissan Finance is stating the payment is still due. Can anyone advise on the lease process in this scenario. I've leased previously and termed 90 days prior to expiration and never had this scenario occur. Any advise is appreciated. thank you.

If your dealer did indeed take your car in trade, then they should pay it off. One month is way too long.. it should have been done within 10 days. You should call your dealer immediately, and tell them your situation.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    darnoc23darnoc23 Member Posts: 16

Thanks kyfdx. To confirm, the contract says Agreed upon trade in value $9000. Then the next line is amount of payoff/lien trade in value $8000. That statement in the contract should have terminated the two months future payment, correct? Nissan is stating there should've been other wordings in the contract for the two months?

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266

I'm not a lawyer... It sure sounds like they bought your car. In that case, it should be paid off. Call the dealership ASAP. It really isn't NMAC's problem. It's between you and the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator