Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Lexus RX 350 Deals and Prices Paid

13»

Comments

• kmurali70kmurali70 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2014

What would be a price to pay for a 2015 rx350 for the base model of $40,795. this based in DFW.
    If the invoice price is 38k, how much should I ask for the car, does 1k sound enough commission for the salesman ?

• kmurali70kmurali70 Member Posts: 6

Dealer is offering 42,600 for 2015 RX350 FWD w/ premium, wood/leather trim, cargo mat, net, wheel lock & key glove, cross bars. Is this a good deal ?

• hbeanhbean Member Posts: 8

Looking for a 2015 RX350 AWD with premium package, blind spot monitoring, comfort package, heated seats, preferred accessories, all weather mats, wood trim steering wheel. MSRP is $47,698. What would be a good price to pay in Missouri? Is 10% off MSRP possible? I noted above that someone in PA paid $42,600 for a similar car/MSRP at Wilkie. That seems to be a great deal. Is it possible to pay below the dealer's invoice?

• draganerdraganer Member Posts: 8

@hbean said:
    Looking for a 2015 RX350 AWD with premium package, blind spot monitoring, comfort package, heated seats, preferred accessories, all weather mats, wood trim steering wheel. MSRP is $47,698. What would be a good price to pay in Missouri? Is 10% off MSRP possible? I noted above that someone in PA paid $42,600 for a similar car/MSRP at Wilkie. That seems to be a great deal. Is it possible to pay below the dealer's invoice?

It certainly is possible. My strategy is to never focus on what the dealer's invoice price is but focus on your budget which is normally at least 10% off MSRP for me. Set your first asking price to 15% off MSRP and the salesperson will probably think you're nuts. Keep your budget number in mind and don't go above it. Negotiate as much as you can until they come down to your budget. If they can't meet your budget, move on to the next dealer and bid out your business. Let the next dealer know what the previous dealer's offer was and have them beat it. It helps to have all dealers offers in writing. The more dealers you visit, the better chance you have to get a price at your budget or even lower which was my case. The dealers are there to compete against each other so make them compete!

• jessica2011jessica2011 Member Posts: 38
    Yes, it can be done. The more dealerships in your area that have your desired vehicle on the lot the better. Contact the internet sales/fleet department of all your area dealers and have them bid for your business.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited August 2014

@draganer, another way to go is to start at invoice and go up.

Invoice is widely available and it's a good target, but remember than dealers can sell below invoice and still make money (thanks to holdback and bonus and incentive money from the manufacturers).

Your walking out technique is a good one too.

• cindolacindola Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I'm looking to get a 2015 RX 350 in the next few days and am a bit confused on which options to choose for what I'm looking for and what the best price would be. I'm looking to deal with either Santa Monica Lexus, Beverly Hills Lexus, or Torrance Lexus in CA most likely, whichever gives me the best deal (hearing SM has been good this last week). Hoping someone here can help? Here's what I'm looking for:

Pearl white exterior
    White or light tan interior
    Leather seats
    leather/wood trim
    heated/ventilated front seats
    navigation system
    CD 5 or 6 changer? Can't tell if this is included in standard model or in some extra package

I'm looking to buy not lease, so purchase price out the door is what I'm looking for to be prepared. Option of trading in my 2004 RX 330, depending on what they'd give vs if I sold privately, and I'm not sure if in CA the trade-on lowers the sales tax on the 2015 or not but I'm guessing not! Thanks in advance
    Heh, Cars.com says "the amount of the trade in allowance will be deducted from the sales prices of the vehicle you purchase." Zacks.com says "there is no credit or sales tax reduction when you trade in a car."

Both links are specifically talking about California. Don't see an easy answer at dmv.ca.gov. You could call them or ask your salesperson.

You can go to the Make|Model|Year dropdown tabs above and look for "Build With Options" (or check out the Price Promise links). The Build With Options link will tell you the invoice and MSRP cost of the various options. You'll have to click the info links to find out if your audio system of choice is a single or multiple CD player. I didn't see any CD listed for the base model but sometimes that info is best found in a review or at the Lexus.com site.

At some point in that exercise you'll see what TMV is and that will be the price to beat. At this time of year, you should be able to beat TMV handily, unless your local dealers have already met their annual quotas.

The easiest thing may be to ask for quotes from your local dealers and when they respond you can inquire about the CD and the trade-in situation.
    Thanks so much stever, I am getting quotes with correct options from 2 dealers now so I will try the TMV and see how it compares and post back with offers if I need more help. Dealer said trade-in does not reduce sales tax price :/.
    Sounds like California. :D

Love that place but can't afford to live there (and all my wife's relations down in San Diego moved, darn it).

We offer Live Help too so feel free to call or text or chat with our Live Advice team starting Friday (we're off for the holiday today and Chrismas Day). It's free and a good way to get some feedback if you're at the dealer by yourself.
  • loc3loanloc3loan Member Posts: 2
    Just bought 2015 RX 350. MSRP 47434. I got it for 44900 OTD (41337 + 90 Retro refill + 599 doc fee + 6.75 tax + plus tag). Premium package w/ blind spot (PD), Towing Package (TO), Intuitive Parking assiste (PA), Wood & Leather Trimmed (WU), Heated seats (HS), and Wheels 19" (FT).
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    loc3loan said:

Just bought 2015 RX 350. MSRP 47434. I got it for 44900 OTD (41337 + 90 Retro refill + 599 doc fee + 6.75 tax + plus tag). Premium package w/ blind spot (PD), Towing Package (TO), Intuitive Parking assiste (PA), Wood & Leather Trimmed (WU), Heated seats (HS), and Wheels 19" (FT).

Congrats on the new Lexus!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

cindola said:

Thanks so much stever, I am getting quotes with correct options from 2 dealers now so I will try the TMV and see how it compares and post back with offers if I need more help. Dealer said trade-in does not reduce sales tax price :/.

So I ended up with 2015 Lexus RX350 in Starfire Pearl exterior Parchment interior MSRP $49,253 for $43,712 plus taxes/fees out the door $48,156 - out the door price is more than other places due to 9% sales tax yay CA ;). Navigation Package, Intuitive Parking Assist, Heated & Ventilated Front Seats, Premium Package w/Blind Spot, Wood & Leather Trim Steering/Shift Knob, 19" Aluminum Alloy Wheels w/All Season Tires, Cargo Net & Mat, Wheel Locks & Key Glove, Cross Bars.
  • glass3glass3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm looking at a 2014 Rx 350 with circa 12k miles. Heated/vent seats, backup blind spot and park assist, certified. Asking $44,700. I need help on an offer! Thank you.