Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2014 428i coupe lease. Good deal?

gwenk84gwenk84 Member Posts: 10
edited August 2014 in BMW

Hi, Can someone tell me if this is a good deal?
2014 bmw 428i coupe. selling price 49,150. 36 months lease, 15k miles/year, total drive off $1,196.5. residual value 31,290. money factor 1.5. residual factor 60%. total monthly payments is 695.36.

I feel like this is like $100/month too much.

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,529

@gwenk84 said:
    2014 bmw 428i coupe. selling price 49,150. 36 months lease, 15k miles/year, total drive off $1,196.5. residual value 31,290. money factor 1.5. residual factor 60%. total monthly payments is 695.36.

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    gwenk84gwenk84 Member Posts: 10

MSRP is 52,150 and the selling price is 49,150.

• Options

@gwenk84 said:
    MSRP is 52,150 and the selling price is 49,150.
    @gwenk84 said:

At those numbers, and assuming the $725 acq.fee is added to the selling price for a CAP cost of $49875, I get a payment of $638/mo. plus tax.

Is it a good deal? Not in my book.

Considering the $1000 of buildout cash on this model, I'd want another $1000 off, and would also want the base money factor of .00130. That would lower the payment to $592/mo. + tax..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    psheez42psheez42 Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2014

I'm looking to lease a 428i . msrp is 49,500. going for a 36 month 10k lease. can you please proivide me with the mf and residual.? also whats a good selling price and what are monthly payments looking at at the selling price you suggest? any feedback will be appreciated. This is going to be my 4th lease and this is the first i'm actually doing research, thanks for help. its a 2015 grande coupe and iam in california. Also im new to this msd concept... what happens if you trade the car in early for another lease same dealership do you still get a check back ?

• Options

its a 2015 grand coupe

• Options

@psheez42 said:
    I'm looking to lease a 428i . msrp is 49,500. going for a 36 month 10k lease. can you please proivide me with the mf and residual.? also whats a good selling price and what are monthly payments looking at at the selling price you suggest? any feedback will be appreciated. This is going to be my 4th lease and this is the first i'm actually doing research, thanks for help. its a 2015 grande coupe and iam in california. Also im new to this msd concept... what happens if you trade the car in early for another lease same dealership do you still get a check back ?

its a 2015 grand coupe

.00130 MF and 63% residual.

Hard to give a "good selling price" on a car that just hit the market. But, $49,500 MSRP and $47,500 selling price would result in a payment of $555/mo.+ tax.

If you sell your leased car, then the payoff is going to be reduced by the amount of the security deposit. So, your equity in the car should be increased by that amount. How you realize that equity is up to you (but, you won't get a check back from BMWFS).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

If I trade it into bmw early under their promotions for another bmw would i still be selling it back or don't they just take it back. and would I be entitled to whole deposit ? thank you

• Options

@psheez42 said:
    If I trade it into bmw early under their promotions for another bmw would i still be selling it back or don't they just take it back. and would I be entitled to whole deposit ? thank you

In that case, the dealer is agreeing to buy the car from BMWFS, under that program, and BMWFS is agreeing to release you from your obligations (under that program). How that might affect your deposit is unknown. It seems like you should get it back, but now, it's intertwined with another deal.

If you do MSDs, you should plan on taking your lease to term. (my advice, anyway)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

very helpful... thank you

• Options
    jaxgil86jaxgil86 Member Posts: 7
    Hello, I have a quick question... I am currently shopping around for a new 2016 or 2017 BMW X5 as my current lease is about to expire but I am wondering if the sales person that helped me out last time actually gave me the best deal. He keeps calling me to come back and upgrade. At the time it sounded like a great deal but now that I am reviewing posts I am starting to doubt. Here is my information from my lease on December 2013.

2014 BMW 428i Coupe (Sport Line)
    Sticker on window:
    MSRP: $40,500.00
    Suggested Retail Price: $49,030.00

Contract Terms:
    36 months / 12K miles

Amount Due at Signing: 1,500.00

This is exactly what is in my Lease Agreeement

A) Gross Capitalized Costs: $49,773.75 (Agreed Upon Value of Vehicle $48,848.75 + Acquisition Fee 925.00)
    B) Capitalized Cost Reduction: 672.87
    C) Adjusted Capitalized Cost: 49,100.88
    D) Residual Value: 30,271.50
    E) Depreciation and any Amortized Amounts: 18,829.38
    F) Rent Charge 5,286.30
    G) Total of Base Monthly Payments: 24,115.68
    H) Lease Payments: 36
    I) Base Monthly Payment: 669.88
    J) Monthly Sales/Use Tax: N/A
    K) N/A : N/A
    L) Total Monthly Payment: 669.88

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
    Cindy
  • Options
    @jaxgil86

Is that a typo on the MSRP?
    Is it supposed to be $50,500?

What state was this?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    It's listed on the paper from the window at $40,500 before the package upgrades. The actual cost after the sport package added by the dealer and other accessories is at $49.030.00. Sorry, hope this makes sense. 
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for the fast reply. :-) The state is Texas. I have another quick question... My 428i lease is due back this mid December but I am about 500 miles away from my 36k allowance. Would it be best to pay off the remaining lease balance ($2,010.00) and  pay off the dispostion fee ($350) and start a new lease? Or should I hold on till December for better lease deals? I don't plan on going over the mileage from now till December.  
    I went to Mercedes Benz this past weekend and they stated they could add my remaining balance to the new lease. BMW stated they could waive the remaining balance owed but I am almost sure they will apply it somewhere else. :-( 
  • Options
    jaxgil86 said:

Thanks for the fast reply. :-) The state is Texas. I have another quick question... My 428i lease is due back this mid December but I am about 500 miles away from my 36k allowance. Would it be best to pay off the remaining lease balance ($2,010.00) and  pay off the dispostion fee ($350) and start a new lease? Or should I hold on till December for better lease deals? I don't plan on going over the mileage from now till December.  
    I went to Mercedes Benz this past weekend and they stated they could add my remaining balance to the new lease. BMW stated they could waive the remaining balance owed but I am almost sure they will apply it somewhere else. :-( 

I think you would be better off to wait until your current lease is closer to the end. As you have guessed, they'll just roll it into the next lease. That's expensive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I truly appreciate your feedback! Thanks @kyfdx :D