Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Hyundai Genesis lease info

tropicalchristropicalchris Member Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in Hyundai
Could you please share the MF and Resi % for 2015 Genesis 3.8 AWD w/ Signature? 3yr, 12K miles. Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• tropicalchristropicalchris Member Posts: 2

Thank you. That is exactly what the dealer told me. However he came up with a $599 monthly payment. MSRP $45,705 and selling price of $41,925. By my calculation, his number is about $100 more than it should be. Still waiting for him to explain how he came to $599!

• sherbournedrsherbournedr Member Posts: 31

Hi everyone, I am looking to lease a 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 RWD with Tech Package this Wednesday, MSRP $46,535.

The national lease deal on the base model is still $429 per month on the base Genesis 3.8 RWD with $3,999 down and MSRP of $38,950, 12k and 36 month term. Based on the previous posts the assumptions I see used in addition to this is a MF of .00125 and a residual value of 57%.

I want to figure out what an equivalent lease payment would be on the Tech Package assuming a $46,535 MSRP and a negotiated price of $42,900. I am using the same MF and RV, same terms and getting a monthly lease pre-tax of $425. 

I feel like I am off somewhere, am I? Are my assumptions illogical? I want to be ready to negotiate well this Wednesday! Thanks for all your help.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

Hi everyone, I am looking to lease a 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 RWD with Tech Package this Wednesday, MSRP $46,535.

The national lease deal on the base model is still $429 per month on the base Genesis 3.8 RWD with $3,999 down and MSRP of $38,950, 12k and 36 month term. Based on the previous posts the assumptions I see used in addition to this is a MF of .00125 and a residual value of 57%.

I want to figure out what an equivalent lease payment would be on the Tech Package assuming a $46,535 MSRP and a negotiated price of $42,900. I am using the same MF and RV, same terms and getting a monthly lease pre-tax of $425. 

I feel like I am off somewhere, am I? Are my assumptions illogical? I want to be ready to negotiate well this Wednesday! Thanks for all your help.
    I get the same number, assuming the $3999 is all going towards a downpayment... But, if it's just the amount due at signing, you'll have an acq.fee, 1st payment, etc, etc.. and, then the Cap cost reduction will be smaller, creating a larger payment..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you Kyfdx! I leased my Manhattan Brown 2015 Genesis 3.8 RWD. It looks incredible, I am so happy! The terms of my lease were very aggressive thanks to hard work, a lot of research, and negotiation. The deal was approved by the GM and finance said they have never seen as good a deal.

36 month lease
    12,000 miles/year
    MSRP: $46,535
    Drive offs: $4,000 including the down payment, tax on down payment, registration/fees, and 1st month's payment
    Invoice Price: $42,114.75
    Net selling price with acquisition fee ($595) and cap reduction via deposit ($3,222.72): $39,487.03
    RV: 58%
    MF: .00123
    Monthly Payment: $428.90 pre-tax / $467.50 with 9% CA tax.

Thank you Kyfdx! I leased my Manhattan Brown 2015 Genesis 3.8 RWD. It looks incredible, I am so happy! The terms of my lease were very aggressive thanks to hard work, a lot of research, and negotiation. The deal was approved by the GM and finance said they have never seen as good a deal.

36 month lease
    12,000 miles/year
    MSRP: $46,535
    Drive offs: $4,000 including the down payment, tax on down payment, registration/fees, and 1st month's payment
    Invoice Price: $42,114.75
    Net selling price with acquisition fee ($595) and cap reduction via deposit ($3,222.72): $39,487.03
    RV: 58%
    MF: .00123
    Monthly Payment: $428.90 pre-tax / $467.50 with 9% CA tax.

Congrats on the Genesis!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you so much Kyfdx, I couldn't be happier. Everyone I have shown the car to is so impressed with the ride and quality, Hyundai did an unbelievable job.

I was also considering and test drove a 2014 Lexus GS 350 (for lease) and a certified pre-owned 2012 Mercedes E350 with Premium II package (for purchase). Both of these cars could not compete with the 2015 Genesis, in fact, they came up very short. I am attaching a photo of my new baby, thanks again.

Oh, and here is a before and after of the rebadge the dealer did for me, I wanted this done because it looks awesome, I am not trying to hide the fact that I am driving a Hyundai, I am proud it is a Hyundai.

• craig1212craig1212 Member Posts: 20
    @sherbournedr Car is beautiful. Congrats and enjoy it!
    Did your deal include either the Valued Owner Coupon Offer or the Conquest Lease Coupon?
    Tx!

Thank you. That is exactly what the dealer told me. However he came up with a $599 monthly payment. MSRP $45,705 and selling price of $41,925. By my calculation, his number is about $100 more than it should be. Still waiting for him to explain how he came to $599!

The key is to ask for the CAP cost, and an explanation of why that is different from the selling price... All of the extras are usually in that number, somewhere.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator