Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lack of traffic

bdymentbdyment Member Posts: 573
edited September 2014 in Ford

I used to be a big fan of these forums, however,since the change in format has resulted in so much less traffic I am considering dropping out as most others have done. Too bad this used to be a great site with lots of worth while info and many interesting people and their comments. I have posted on this Ford site but my comments relate to all your forum sites. Too bad

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited September 2014

Hmmm....sorry to hear that you feel this way. My experience has been quite the opposite--I've been busier than ever. I'm wondering if maybe the new format has thrown you into some dark corner of the forums and that you may not be using all the features to find the discussion you want/need?

Are you using bookmarks extensively, and the search feature? Have you asked the hosts to help you out whenever you need it?

Have you been in our "Getting Started" topic to learn more about the new format?

http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/16564/general/x/getting-started-in-edmunds-forums#latest

Please let us know how we can keep you here and make your visits more enjoyable!

• Options

I scan two Ford sites, two Toyota, two Chevrolet and various other sites usually on a daily basis. What I know is that the traffic is simply not there compared to your previous format. Perhaps I do not go to the busier sites, but these are the ones I am interested in.

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481

Give me an example of say 2 sites you're following---maybe I can make suggestions how to get the same information of area of interest from other topics you might not be aware of, which are more active.

• Options
    MarkHolthoffMarkHolthoff Member Posts: 101

@bdyment said:
    What I know is that the traffic is simply not there compared to your previous format.

FYI, we monitor this pretty closely, and we've seen a 3x increase in activity in the Forums since the new format was launched. We've also drastically improved page load times and have virtually eliminated outages, which as you may remember were a frequent occurrence on the old platform.

We're also able to make improvements here, as needed, so if you have any specific suggestions please do share them.

• Options

I can give you one quick example--Ford Edge Aug. 6 Suspension Rattle. I posted my take on this problem. No one else posted a comment saying that could be correct or not. In the previous system there would have been a half dozen replies at least. I do appreciate some of your comments and suggestions , but for me, this site is certainly not as interesting as before..