Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in BMW

Comments

• Options
    banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    Is this a copy paste of the manufacturer's press conference announcement?
  • Options
    jrobuscjrobusc Member Posts: 11
    @banhugh, probably not, since I am pretty sure BMW wouldn't repeatedly call it "Gran Cabrio" when the model is actually called "Gran Coupe".
  • Options
    tacomamudpittacomamudpit Member Posts: 65
    Interesting article - One thing is for sure, this will be a really expensive 4-CLY BMW when a few options are added! Sure the good 'ole tried and true inline 6 is "Avaliable" for a "Price".....
  • Options
    @jrobusc: The whole article sounds like a press conference though.

Nevertheless now the title now says: "2015 BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe Coupe"

If you call it "coupe coupe" it makes it a four door car no?
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Though I've been harsh on BMW recently for its overabundance of body styles and the grotesque looks many of the new variants have, I've gotta say I like the looks of this Gran Coupe. It combines sedan, coupe, and hatchback styling elements in a way that works.
  • Options
    notfastnotfast Member Posts: 93
    Why they didn't call this a 3 series mystifies me. How can you say "The 4 Series is for 2 doors, except for this one four door-ed version"
  • Options
    ""The 4 Series is for 2 doors, except for this one four door-ed version which BTW is named Grand Coupe..., simple, no?"
  • Options
    davidespinosadavidespinosa Member Posts: 1
    "It's in a class of one" -- Actually, the Tesla Model S has four doors and a very similar hatchback / trunk.