Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible First Look

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Chevrolet

Comments

• Options
    akula1akula1 Member Posts: 0
    No XLR hardtop means no sale for me.

Get rid of those old ridiculous hockey stick mirrors and that stupid chrome retainer in the grille, FFS.

So is this an Autobot or Decepticon?
  • Options
    jmarounjmaroun Member Posts: 151
    the curves on this car scream ugly
    from the front grill, to the side air slit, to the rear tai lights, to the confused hood contour, my God..too much thought, or attempt at thought going on here. sorry but the designer should really study Aston Martin, Maserati, or Ferrari to learn about proportion and style. This car actually makes the GTR look pretty. And performance means nothing without beauty. Look at GTR sales. nuff said
  • Options
    06sti06sti Member Posts: 17
    Ouch. The heavily angulated and rectangular butt end is even further accentuated in the topless form. I hope it looks better in person...

My ESPN tells me that there will be midcycle design refresh before midcycle.
  • Options
    markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    I LOVE IT! I had a '99 C5 Convertible that wasn't bad, but this just blows it away. I think it actually looks better than the fixed roof design.

Chocolate and vanilla, I suppose, but if I get the chance, I will totally buy one of these, maybe in those exact colors as well.
  • Options
    ninjapunkninjapunk Member Posts: 3
    This car in convertible form screams midlife crisis! I couldn't look at it too long because I could feel my hair thinning potbelly growing and a sudden need for little blue pills. It's hard top or nothing!
  • Options
    markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    LOL, ninjapunk, try to see past the stereotyping and realize that it's probably the best performance buy available today.

I never let what other people say or think to hold me back from driving something I like or doing something that I wanted to do. That's why I rode a Ducati and then a Victory cause I just couldn't be a sheep riding a Harley (they're great bikes, I just like stuff that's different than the crowd). Life's way too short for worrying what other people think.
  • Options
    wingsfan19wingsfan19 Member Posts: 1
    If they got rid of the air intakes on the rear fenders, how do they feed air to the transmission and rear axle coolers?
  • Options
    ninjapunkninjapunk Member Posts: 3
    @markinnaples:I understand what you mean by Not caring what others think, say and seeing past stereotypes. however 15+ good friends of mine, 40+ years of age have purchased gen3 and up Corvettes. I'm 30 and I don't see myself in a Corvette for at least an