2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

The 2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG must've been focused at the relaxed luxury crowd, because this thing is no small sports car.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    That sucker weighs more than my Trailblazer! That is a tank. Hopefully it has a good security system on it. Those barred windows are foreboding.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Dude, how about you just man up and learn how to park.
  • Options
    kirkhilles_kirkhilles_ Member Posts: 151
    I'm sure the average purchaser of this vehicle probably never has to (or wants to) park on the street and its probably a "valet only" vehicle. I was going to wonder why it doesn't have the rear camera and/or an auto-parking system, but it IS nearly 9 years old now.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    There are, however; parking sensors front and rear. So it could be worse. I have a feeling this was related to the first couple of parks before he got a feeling for the car (and then subsequently lost the keys to another staffer). You would probably be perfectly comfortable squeezing the car in the tightest of spaces if you spent a month or so with it.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Really, this car is maybe 10% longer and 10% wider than most of the cars in the fleet. This is not a big deal. And I don't see how a backup camera is going to keep you from curbing your wheels. The passenger-side mirror is far superior to a camera with some superimposed lines floating around in the display mounted in the center of the trunk lid for that task.
  • Options
    jeepsrtjeepsrt Member Posts: 88
    I would think owning this car you would get used to the size, my 71 year old Mother has no problems parking her Mercedes GL450 which is a large SUV.
  • Options
    firstshad0wfirstshad0w Member Posts: 0
    Sounds like you could use some spot mirrors! That's one of the first things I do with any newly acquired vehicle - head to pepboys and snag a couple 3" diameter spot mirrors, and put them on the furthest outboard spot on each side mirror.
  • Options
    markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Whew, big or not, that is one beautiful car.