Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

The 2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG must've been focused at the relaxed luxury crowd, because this thing is no small sports car.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    That sucker weighs more than my Trailblazer! That is a tank. Hopefully it has a good security system on it. Those barred windows are foreboding.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Dude, how about you just man up and learn how to park.
  • Options
    kirkhilles_kirkhilles_ Member Posts: 151
    I'm sure the average purchaser of this vehicle probably never has to (or wants to) park on the street and its probably a "valet only" vehicle. I was going to wonder why it doesn't have the rear camera and/or an auto-parking system, but it IS nearly 9 years old now.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    There are, however; parking sensors front and rear. So it could be worse. I have a feeling this was related to the first couple of parks before he got a feeling for the car (and then subsequently lost the keys to another staffer). You would probably be perfectly comfortable squeezing the car in the tightest of spaces if you spent a month or so with it.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Really, this car is maybe 10% longer and 10% wider than most of the cars in the fleet. This is not a big deal. And I don't see how a backup camera is going to keep you from curbing your wheels. The passenger-side mirror is far superior to a camera with some superimposed lines floating around in the display mounted in the center of the trunk lid for that task.
  • Options
    jeepsrtjeepsrt Member Posts: 88
    I would think owning this car you would get used to the size, my 71 year old Mother has no problems parking her Mercedes GL450 which is a large SUV.
  • Options
    firstshad0wfirstshad0w Member Posts: 0
    Sounds like you could use some spot mirrors! That's one of the first things I do with any newly acquired vehicle - head to pepboys and snag a couple 3" diameter spot mirrors, and put them on the furthest outboard spot on each side mirror.
  • Options
    markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Whew, big or not, that is one beautiful car.