Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

Comments

• Options
    jeepsrtjeepsrt Member Posts: 88
    I had Safelite mobile repair come out and repair a chip on my Raptor about a month after I bought it, they did an excellent job and were very friendly.
  • Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    Nice that they use a good pump to get as much air as possible out of the crack. Had one local place do mine once and they just used heat. The repair looked good at the time but they took the liquid off it too soon and as it continued to cool it sucked air in and totally messed up the repair. -- I do them myself most times now with the $10 home kit and use a combo of the little but of suction the syringe in those offer along with heat and watch it until the bubbles have all moved out before reversing the syringe and have had great luck. The only real risky part with the home kits is you have to press the mount part against the glass pretty well to get it to stick enough that it doesn't break free and at that point it is easy to for the crack to spread due to the pressure.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Don't know where to put this...could you get word to someone that the most recent Tesla S post link is dead?
  • Options
    sodaguysodaguy Member Posts: 84
    $110 seems a bit pricey, but if they did a good job and are backing the repair, then I guess it's OK.
  • Options
    noburgers_noburgers_ Member Posts: 79
    beats the heck out of a nearly $4K replacement
    "Safelite Repair, Safelite Replace" jingle now running through my head.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    That's a nice orderly and clean garage too. I know just repairing glass means you're not going to have grease, oil, and tools all over but it still looks remarkably professional.
  • Options
    slawrenslawren Member Posts: 2
    If you have a great car then you need to see a great service center to get it repaired in case it needs one. Windshield is perhaps the most important part of a car to make it look awesome. If there is even a scratch on your windshield it means the look is being compromised as the look is completely dependent on how good care of your windshield you have taken. The most important thing if you have got a prob with your windshield go get it done with the best service center. You would never like to compo with your car if its a Mercedes.

http://www.eurotechtuningca.com/mercedes-benz-repair/