Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 Scion FR-S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited September 2014 in Scion

image2013 Scion FR-S Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2013 Scion FR-S recently had an Innovate twin-screw supercharger installed, and this is what it sounds like.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• I love the whine that a supercharger makes. I used to own a 2005 Ford Lightning, it had its faults (the interior!), but wow when ever I opened it up it screamed, pushed you into the seat, and made a terrific noise! I loved that truck, should'a never sold it (sigh).
  • On a separate note, update us on the MX-5! What's going on with it? Is the engine swap finally happening?! I haven't heard from the little guy in too long, is he dead? J-Kav? At least tell us he's not dead!
  • Isn't it an Apexi exhaust?
  • banhughbanhugh Posts: 315
    can you tape the issue with the car's drivability at low rpm?
  • Cannot see your video as I suspect Instagram demands I use cookies. Not. Going. To. Happen.
  • @hoonin there are still a number of cars without an update for about 2 weeks to 2+ months (CR-V, Miata, Buick GN, Focus). Maybe there aren't enough editors left to drive them all and report. I know the Lexus is sold, so there should be a wrap-up coming
  • I thought you guys had Apexi for the exhaust?
  • hybrishybris Posts: 365
    @noburgers I think what we are seeing here is a systematic way of shutting down the long term test fleet as we know it. It started with the new format and we are seeing cars go un-updated for extended periods of time so I think eventually we see the fleet
  • Sorry about that guys - you're correct we do have an Apex-i on the car. I mistakenly listed it as Greddy. @hybris - there's absolutely no plan to shut down the fleet. There are a few cars that are no longer in the fleet that we're definitely working on wrap-ups for. Stay tuned.
  • hybrishybris Posts: 365
    @tlangness Thank you the answer. It was far more then what I was expecting.