-June 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Fuel Economy Update for September - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Ram
imageFuel Economy Update for September - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com conducts a long-term test of the 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel and tallies up its fuel economy characteristics measured during the month of September.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Sorry for being so persistent on this, but I really think you need to include DEF costs as part of your equation. I'm sure you guys have burned through a lot and that cost needs to be accounted for when you're considering the efficiency of a vehicle to purchase.
  • Options
    vdotvdot Member Posts: 3
    agree, need to add def expenses.
  • Options
    fmkofmko Member Posts: 21
    all diesels use DEF so whats the big deal, if you buy a diesel that is an expense.
  • Options
    ek900ek900 Member Posts: 39
    These guys are being pests, but they are right. Gas vehicles use gas and that is it. If a diesel requires DEF (and they all do), you have to factor that in.
  • Options
    morrcarr67morrcarr67 Member Posts: 1
    Isn't this a 4X4 model? If so you guys aren't showing the correct EPA ratings. The 4X4 is 19/27 average of 22. Though this truck has never reached the high of 27 it is in line with the average.
  • Options
    blackecoramblackecoram Member Posts: 6
    I have a CC 4x4 and I'm averaging 26 us mpgs. So far I have 21000 kms on my truck and I have only had to out $20 in to fill the DEF. Considering I'm saving $500-600 in fuel costs each month, the $20 is pretty negligible.
  • Options
    belopskybelopsky Member Posts: 2
    @blackecoram what is your daily/monthly commute mileage?
  • Options
    blackecoramblackecoram Member Posts: 6
    My monthly driving is about 5-6000kms per month.