Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2004-'07 Cadillac CTS-V Recalled for Potential Overheating in Fuel Pump Modules | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Cadillac
image2004-'07 Cadillac CTS-V Recalled for Potential Overheating in Fuel Pump Modules | Edmunds.com

General Motors is recalling 10,005 2004-'07 Cadillac CTS-V and 2006-'07 Cadillac STS-V sedans in the U.S. for potential overheating in fuel pump modules.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    eagle_co94eagle_co94 Member Posts: 2
    Good luck contacting your dealer! Vera Cadillac in Pembroke Pines, FL will REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE your recall until forced to do so by Cadillac customer service...after filing a complaint. Then once they admit your car is covered they will still refuse to do the work, claiming they don't know how to do the repairs...unless you pay for them to do it! Then you "might get reimbursed" once the date is set for the recall.
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

Good luck contacting your dealer! Vera Cadillac in Pembroke Pines, FL will REFUSE TO ACKNOWLEDGE your recall until forced to do so by Cadillac customer service...after filing a complaint. Then once they admit your car is covered they will still refuse to do the work, claiming they don't know how to do the repairs...unless you pay for them to do it! Then you "might get reimbursed" once the date is set for the recall.

Hi eagle_co94,

We regret to learn of your experience with Vera Cadillac. If you'd like to message us your VIN and contact information we'll gladly note your concerns within our system and follow up with your dealership as necessary. We're also available via email at socialmedia@gm.com if interested.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • Options
    eagle_co94eagle_co94 Member Posts: 2
    Just wanted to follow up that GM really stepped up and took excellent care of me and my CTS-V. They called me as soon as they got my information and the next morning my car was towed into the dealership, I was given a brand new rental and my car was worked on quickly. Ed Morse's Bayview Cadillac provided great service and had a very knowledgeable staff. I felt like they were genuinely concerned about my car and getting it fixed. If I ever need anything I know I'll be going back to Ed Morse! Thanks GM!
  • Options
    dan_w1dan_w1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Cadillac CTS (not a CTS-V), and i have the exact same problem. The fuel pump plug has burned up and melted a hole through the pump, resulting in fuel splashing though the plug onto the burning/sparking wiring. I have called Cadillac Customer Service, and they were less than helpful. They tried every possible way to find a loophole to get out of taking care of the issue. The harness part number may be different than the one in a CTS-V, but the plug that burned up is the same. The terminals loosen up over time and creates resistance and overheats the plug, resulting in melting.
    This is just one of the MANY issues i've encountered with this car, including seatbelts that don't lock when needed, a transmission that has chronically bad torque converters, a differential that howls, signal lights that don't want to work, CD player that doesnt work, water pump failure, missfires, power steering leaks, EXTREMELY bad oil consumption, ABS issues, and a throttle body that fails and puts the car into limp mode and cuts all power in the fast lane with no shoulder on a busy highway in rush hour, all with around 100k miles on the car or less.
    This is the last straw, i'm done with GM.