Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Accent

1789101113»

Comments

• jimtronjimtron Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2011
    I read a very favorable review of the 2012 Accent, but one thing that didn't get raves was the stick shift. I'm planning on getting a new Accent very soon, and am torn between the auto and manual. Any experiences with the manual version?

Here's an excerpt from the review:

"The shifter is light and crisp with appreciably brief throws, but the clutch is a disappointment. It offers nearly zero feel—although it isn’t as empty and soulless as a Toyota clutch—and uses only the top two or three inches of its long travel."
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    My daughter got this car and it's been fantastic...I'm even using it now since my a/c in my '06 Civic needs a new compressor. The wife is seriously considering the Elantra and Accent for her next dd. We have a Hyundai, Honda, Nissan & Mazda in the stable and all have been great cars. So I don't think you could go wrong with a Hyundai or any of the other foreign brands. Just try to look for a car with the lowest mileage and best price that you could see yourself driving for the next few years. We're going to start our new car search very soon and we're gonna try a lot of different one's. Plus the Ford Focus/Fiesta and the Cruze/Verano.

Good luck with your search.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• carmania2carmania2 Member Posts: 1
    I'd like to buy used car through private transaction.
    2010 accent GLS, automatic, about 25000mile, no accident.
    Is 9,300$ prper price for this car?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking for a car shopper who thinks 40 MPG is a requisite before they buy. If you have recently shopped for a car, and you have only considered cars that get 40 MPG, and you are willing to share your story with a reporter, please contact pr@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at noon Pacific/3 p.m. Eastern.
    Saw a new Accent in white this morning and really liked the styling of it, sorta like a mini Elantra. This one had the upgraded alloys and looked pretty sweet...prefer the looks of this generation over the last one which my daughter owns. The wife is looking to downsize for her new ride and has her sights set on this particular model due to the outstanding way the '08 has been. She also likes the 5 year warranty on almost everything and also that the dealer is right outside of where we live. Her current ride just hit the 113k mark, something we've never ever done before but it is starting to have some issues.
    Am hoping to pick her up a new '13 model during the winter break unless something happens before. I know she'll be a happy camper with this choice if our '08 is any indication of Hyundai products!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I like the new Accent also, esp. the SE hatch, except for the side impact crash tests. Also rear seat is a little tight.

Have you checked out the Soul? I drove a base model the other day and came away impressed. Great safety, nice features including Bluetooth, tons of passenger and cargo room. And same powertrain on the base model as the Accent and Rio, so FE is pretty good for such a roomy vehicle. Might have to take a serious look at the Soul next year when I get a car for my daughter for senior year, and college. She thinks it's cute. I had to tell her the hamsters are not included. :)
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    I really like the molten lava red color for new Kia Soul's. Looks awesome, I agree, I think you get a bargain for only $16,000 - $17,000 for one of these squarish Scion xB fighters.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I've seen base Souls advertised for under $13k in my area. A lot of new car for that money, if you don't mind a 6-speed stick (which I don't). But frankly, for a little more money I'd go the slightly used route, e.g. a CPO Golf. Also available in red. :)

That's the problem with small cars like the Accent. For the same money you can get a very nice slightly used car, or even a larger new car e.g. a Cruze or Focus. Used to be not that long ago you could get an Accent hatch for under $10k. Not any more.
  • storkdudestorkdude Member Posts: 26
    Been off this forum since about 2002 when I bought my new Elantra GT. It's been a great car. Daughter #1 drove it a while. Got her a new Accent 4-door and the Elantra goes to daughter #2. I am so impressed with the little Accent. Great engineering. Love the 6 speed slushbox! It's a beautiful car. Nobody has posted on the old Elantra forum in a LONG time. I drive a G37 now, but I think a Genesis Coupe is in my future. Hyundai is top quality, IMO. Great to be back on the forum. Nice to see Backy is still here and now driving an Accent :)
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    storkdude said:

Great to be back on the forum. Nice to see Backy is still here and now driving an Accent :)

I knew you'd miss us and come back ;)

Thanks for the update on your rides.

The wife has taken over the kid's '08 Accent for the last couple of months since the Mazda's a/c quit working basically and with almost 137k on the clock, we just don't want to sink anymore $ into it at this point. I've driven numerous new Accents at work and they drive so much better than our '08 due to the new 6 speed auto tranny so am betting the wife won't miss the larger engine in her Mazda3. I think once she drives the 2015 model, she'll be very happy and ready to purchase. Right now, she's trying to hold off until December 30th or 31st if at all possible and I think this will be very doable since the kid really doesn't need her vehicle since she lives right across the street from school and the wife stays at her place half the week right now due to business commitments. Basically a win/win for all here but she's ready to purchase earlier if need be.
    Looks like we'll be a three vehicle Hyundai family if this plan does come to fruition. One thing we must do soon is get new sneakers for the '08 model since they couldn't rotate the tires at the yearly oil change in August...said there just wasn't enough tread. So will be purchasing new sneakers once we hand the kid back her vehicle for good since we pay for the upkeep while she stays in school. The hit shouldn't be too bad since it takes 15" shoes.

The Sandman :)B)