Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Picking a City Truck - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Ram
imagePicking a City Truck - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is a great truck, but is it better suited for the city than our Chevy Silverado?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    If it were just dirt bikes you would be better served by something like the new Colorado. I know that the bikes won't fit in the bed with the tailgate up, but a flip down gate extension easily solves that and the shorter overall length of the mid-sized Colorado would be much more livable in urban driving while the crew cab still allows for family use.

If your track toy is a larger car then the Ram is the way to go in my opinion, but if it's something like a Miata and (1) you only hit the track a few times a years and (2) no towing over mountains is required (like most of us Midwest residents) the Colorado still makes the most sense.
  • Options
    belopskybelopsky Member Posts: 2
    The new Colorado diesel sure is interesting. I am a recent Toyota Tacoma driver but seeing this RAM diesel I second guessed my purchase, until I remember how much difficulty it is for me to park my Tacoma (coming from a Mazda3), the RAM is just so much bigger. I am still hoping Toyota will have a diesel Tacoma in the next few years..