Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Chevy Suburban LT

goliath2goliath2 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in Chevrolet

Hello everyone, picked up my first Suburban ,a 2015 crystal red LT on 7/7/14 . I've waited my whole to be able to get one. The day after we picked it up my wife's father had massive stroke so in the 5 days we've had it we put 103 miles on. We did have an issue with the folding seats , the power ones. And sometimes it doesn't seem to remote start. It could be me ,but I've had remote starts before. The thing is beautiful ,massive and quiet but I do hear a " whish" sounds like the mirrors on my Saturn Vue. Has any body else experienced an issue with the folding seats ? Also I noticed my side view mirror does seem like it dims like the interior one but it does not say that it is on mine. I do have the Luxury package , the sun entertainment ,destination package and the Max. Trailering package but don't see mention of . My wife says she doesn't notice it dimming but I do. Any ideas would make me not feel crazy . Thank you and I look forward to participating once the health crisis subsides.

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited July 2014

If you recently bought a new Chevy Tahoe or Suburban, a reporter wants to talk with you. Please email PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, July 25, 2014 with a few words about how you made your choice.

• Options
    suburban2015suburban2015 Member Posts: 15
    null
    Goliad what type of seat issues are you having?
    I hear a dull compression air noise when driving...Used to it now though. I'm sure this noise has to do with the cabin pressure in the way it is sealed. I also hear minor wind noise bouncing off the mirrors since they are so big. However.my 2007 Escalade had such loud wind noise off the side mirrors the 2015 Suburban is like night and day compared to it.
  • Options
    gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

@goliath2 said:
    Hello everyone, picked up my first Suburban ,a 2015 crystal red LT on 7/7/14 . I've waited my whole to be able to get one. The day after we picked it up my wife's father had massive stroke so in the 5 days we've had it we put 103 miles on. We did have an issue with the folding seats , the power ones. And sometimes it doesn't seem to remote start. It could be me ,but I've had remote starts before. The thing is beautiful ,massive and quiet but I do hear a " whish" sounds like the mirrors on my Saturn Vue. Has any body else experienced an issue with the folding seats ? Also I noticed my side view mirror does seem like it dims like the interior one but it does not say that it is on mine. I do have the Luxury package , the sun entertainment ,destination package and the Max. Trailering package but don't see mention of . My wife says she doesn't notice it dimming but I do. Any ideas would make me not feel crazy . Thank you and I look forward to participating once the health crisis subsides.

Hi goliath2,

Congratulations on your new Suburban! We are sorry to learn of your father-in-law's recent health issues. I just want you to know that we are here and I'd be happy to further discuss these concerns with you and document your feedback in our system. Have you contacted your dealership? You are welcome to send me an email to socialmedia@gm.com with Attn:Andraya in the subject line. Be sure to include the last 8-digits of your VIN.

Best,

Andraya
    GM Customer Care

• Options

Hi suburban2015,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing concerns with a noise. I'm happy to collect your information and document your concerns. If you'd like to contact me, I can be reached via email at socialmedia@gm.com Attn:Andraya, please include your contact information and VIN.

Regards,

Andraya
    GM Customer Care

• Options
    dazipperdazipper Member Posts: 1

The sound you are hearing is the air conditioned seats. Took me a little while to figure it out. Enjoy :)

• Options
    ross40ross40 Member Posts: 3

What is the ride like with the trailering package? I have a 2015 LT with no trailering package and the 20" rims and it has a very firm ride. When I drive up north to the lake my kids all complain about getting headaches. You feel every crack in the road. I'm not sure what's going on. The dealer replaced a tire they said was bad but this thing is still very firm in the back axle. It certainly is not the "premium ride" that I thought I was getting and nothing like my last Suburban.

Your thoughts?

• Options

Hi ross40! We certainly want the entire family to feel comfortable while driving in your new 2015 LT and we regret to learn this is not the case. Please know we've documented your feedback within our system. If there is anything we can do to look further into this for you, please let us know.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care

@ross40 said:
    What is the ride like with the trailering package? I have a 2015 LT with no trailering package and the 20" rims and it has a very firm ride. When I drive up north to the lake my kids all complain about getting headaches. You feel every crack in the road. I'm not sure what's going on. The dealer replaced a tire they said was bad but this thing is still very firm in the back axle. It certainly is not the "premium ride" that I thought I was getting and nothing like my last Suburban.

Your thoughts?

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

A reporter would like to speak to a new car buyer who made their purchase through a longer term loan, 72 months or more. If you'd like to share your story, please send your contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than Sunday, 8/24/14 at 10 a.m. PT.

• Options

Amber N.

Thank you for your kind reply.

Yes, please look further into this.

Do you see anything in your system about similiar situations? Someone suggested the Chevy 20" rims combined with the new Suburban rear suspension are a poor combination. Would the "standard" 18" rims resolve things?

Thanks again.

• Options

Thanks Rick,

I saw your note.

It is described as the Premium Smooth Ride Suspension Package. " Designed to offer passengers a comfortable ride by reducing the interior cabin from road bumps and irregularities."

• Options
    wrhigh53wrhigh53 Member Posts: 1
    Ross40, we have similar issues. Our Sub is a 2015 LTZ with the 20" chrome wheels and Continental tires. We purchased it in September and it's the 5th generation Suburban/Yukon we have owned. It has something called Magnetic Ride Control. It's suppose to be smooth, but ours rides like a WW2-era Jeep...... We feel every little bump in the road. We take my Ford Escape if we want to travel very far. The SUV has lived at the dealership while waiting for upgraded parts to arrive from GM, this is after we got multiple new tires thinking they were bad. Our dealer is working very hard to resolve our issues, but can't without the upgraded parts. Ross, Hope your issue gets resolved soon.