Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Can oil change cause Service Engine Light + Low Oil Pressure + other 3 lights on and a dead car?

indraneelrindraneelr Member Posts: 8
edited January 2015 in Nissan
Something weird happened with my 2005 Murano. I had a flat tire and then drove 75 miles on the spare one at the passenger side. Next day, when I went to repair the tire I did the regular oil change as well. But after returning back from the shop (15 miles), I could not start my car any more. The engine light is on along with the BRAKE + ABS + AWD.
The tire could not be repaired as it needs to be changed hence the spare is now on the back. I am wondering if the oil change has caused any issue ! But Meinke does a wonderful job otherwise, so quite confused here.

Answers

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Take it back on a flatbed truck would be my advice IF the oil pressure light is on. If anyone else touches it, Meinke is off the hook. The ABS light could be a wheel sensor, perhaps damaged when the tire went flat or dislodged during tire change. Not sure what's going on with the check engine light--you'll have to scan the car's computer to see what's up with that.
  • Options
    Thanks for the answer Shiftright. I am wondering what if Meineke don't take the responsibility. Is there a legal way to seek help ?
  • Options
    cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    Check oil level?
  • Options
    The engine oil tank is completely empty. Wondering if they forgot to fill in while that was their job precisely. Please tell me if there is any other possibility at all, because certainly they are denying.
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    So, there is no oil showing on the dipstick?

It sure sounds like they forgot to add the oil after they drained it. this happens.

They can deny all they want but if this happened immediately after leaving the shop it seems clear this is what has happened.

You need to take this to the next corporate level if they are denying this.

If your engine has seized from lack of oil you may want to take this to Small Claims Court.

Of course, there may be a missing element to the story we aren't aware of.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Nope, it is not dry as hell. May be at 1/2 inch mark. Not sure if the engine has seized..if yes, I am completely screwed.
  • Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    At first you said the "oil tank" was completely empty so I don't know what to tell you. All we can do here is guess. I do wish you well.