Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Acura's Scheduled Maintenance Program for Leases - Worth it?

snapcasnapca Member Posts: 23
edited January 2015 in Acura
Acura is offering their own Scheduled Maintenance program for all basic and necessary maintenance during the life of a lease. This is for 2015 MDX w/ Tech Package, 12k/36mos. Their price is $1000 for 3 years. Covers oil changes, tire rotations, 30k service, etc.

My questions are:
1) Is it worth paying $1000 up front for these basic maintenance options, or should I seek my own?
2) What are the minimum services performed we need to show at the end of a lease to Acura?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    If you are leasing, take a big pass on any prepaid maintenance...

Our Infiniti came due for the big $500 30K maintenance right before we turned it in... Uh.. no thanks, just an oil change... $40.. No one is checking on Lexus, Acura or Infiniti..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    snapcasnapca Member Posts: 23
    Thanks for confirming my suspicions! The dealer was pushing a lot for it, and while I have never paid for a single add-on for any car, I didn't know if leases were different. Glad I didn't take the bait.
    kyfdx said:

No one is checking on Lexus, Acura or Infiniti..

Wait, I thought we had to have a maintenance roster to show Acura at the end of our lease to prove that we took care of it. That's what the dealer implied. Is that not true??
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    snapca said:

Thanks for confirming my suspicions! The dealer was pushing a lot for it, and while I have never paid for a single add-on for any car, I didn't know if leases were different. Glad I didn't take the bait.

kyfdx said:

No one is checking on Lexus, Acura or Infiniti..

Wait, I thought we had to have a maintenance roster to show Acura at the end of our lease to prove that we took care of it. That's what the dealer implied. Is that not true??

Nope...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator