Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Problems after installing aftermarket radio

huntrj95huntrj95 Member Posts: 5
edited March 2015 in Ford
After finishing installing my aftermarket radio, I discovered that my windshield wipers, dashlights, rear defrost, dash info display, and the gas gauge do not work. I used the metra install kit for the radio and the radio works fine exvept it does not turn on in the accessory position of the key. Does anybody have any suggestions that I can try or have a wiring diagram for the wiring harness in the audio system?

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Bbbind.com has free wiring diagrams that may help..
  • Options
    Thank you! These should help out a lot!
  • Options
    I am not getting power to the Black/Pink wire (+12V Accessory) on the old audio harness. No power to it in any key position. What could cause this? If it is a fuse which fuse? I have checked all my fuses and they all look good.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Assuming you checked the fuses (presumably) under the dash, and the ones (presumably) in the engine compartment...well, you could check 'em again. :-)

Do you have your wipers and gauges back?
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    Fuse # 22 15amp in the smart junction block under the dash provides power to the Black/Pink wire for the radio.
  • Options
    Would Fuse #22 be the cause of the info display and gas gauge not working?
    I do not have the wipers and gauges back stever.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Some install kits include an adapter so you get a direct plug in....you must have spliced into something you shouldn't have. You know, these days one wire can be multiplexing into many different components. You don't want one of those.
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    Fuses 22 and 23 share the same power output from the ignition switch. Fuse 22 powers the instrument cluster, the integrated control panel, rear wipers and washers, and the rear view mirror. Fuse 23 provides power to the windshield wiper and washer.
  • Options
    Thank you for your help!!
    Fuse 22 was blown. Changed it and everything works perfectly now! Radio sounds so much better than the factory radio. Thank you again!