Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lease swapping newbie here!

kathe2kathe2 Member Posts: 2
edited March 2015 in General
I am considering taking over a lease (only as a general concept at this point, have been browsing swapalease and paid for membership, but no selection made yet) and would love to know what peoples' experiences have been! Any advice on negotiating, calculating state taxes(DMV has been spectacularly unhelpful on this), leasing companies to seek out or avoid, or pretty much anything else would be welcome. Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    kathe2 said:

I am considering taking over a lease (only as a general concept at this point, have been browsing swapalease and paid for membership, but no selection made yet) and would love to know what peoples' experiences have been! Any advice on negotiating, calculating state taxes(DMV has been spectacularly unhelpful on this), leasing companies to seek out or avoid, or pretty much anything else would be welcome. Thanks!

While I have poked around the swapalease website at one point, I don't have a lot of advice to give you.

However, I've sent a call out to some regular posters here at Edmunds who may be able to give you more information....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited March 2015
    I'm surprised to learn about the membership - seems like you can browse all you want for free if you are just looking for a lease to pick up.
  • Options
    kathe2kathe2 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, you can browse for free, but you have to pay for a membership in order to contact sellers. At least it never expires-and since I need a car in the summer months only, I can imagine myself using it more than once, if this thing pans out.