BMW 2015 Lease Help

cali_oilcali_oil Member Posts: 14
edited April 2015 in BMW
Hey Guys,

I have been in negotiations with a local BMW dealership about leasing a 2015 M5. Here are my numbers:

MSRP:$106,045

selling price $99,045.00
36month Lease 10k miles per year
residual: 64%
MF: .00170

Out the Door: $2500

Monthly: $1197.00 Inlcuding Tax

Does this sound like a good deal? I tried getting the payments lower but apparently they can't budge anymore.

I am in California.

Thank You

Comments

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 194,784
    cali_oil said:

    Hey Guys,

    I have been in negotiations with a local BMW dealership about leasing a 2015 M5. Here are my numbers:

    MSRP:$106,045

    selling price $99,045.00
    36month Lease 10k miles per year
    residual: 64%
    MF: .00170

    Out the Door: $2500

    Monthly: $1197.00 Inlcuding Tax

    Does this sound like a good deal? I tried getting the payments lower but apparently they can't budge anymore.

    I am in California.

    Thank You

    Oh, there's room to negotiate .. the dealer is marking up the MF by the maximum. Should be .00130.

    If this dealer won't budge, perhaps reaching out to another dealer will help your cause...

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • cali_oilcali_oil Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the response Michaell. I tried to get them down to 900.00 which is probably a long shot and their response was "we already gave you 7k off and to get you to 900.00 we'd have to give you another 13k off at a total of 20k off msrp". 
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 194,784
    cali_oil said:

    Thanks for the response Michaell. I tried to get them down to 900.00 which is probably a long shot and their response was "we already gave you 7k off and to get you to 900.00 we'd have to give you another 13k off at a total of 20k off msrp". 

    Every $1000 off sticker results in about a $28/mo reduction in the payment for a 36 month lease.

    Starting with the base MF will help; then you can use MSD to buy down the MF even further, which will reduce your payment.

    Let's compare pre-tax payments ...

    1. your dealer quote with .00170 MF - $1149.76/mo
    2. your dealer quote with .00130 MF - $1082.99/mo
    3. your dealer quote with .00081 MF (assuming max 7 MSDs) - $1001.21

    So, $900 isn't doable under any circumstances - unless, as the dealer noted, they will lop off another $4-5K from the sticker price AND you use max MSDs.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • cali_oilcali_oil Member Posts: 14
    I should've told you my tax rate. It's 8%. So without doing the whole msd thing, how much do you believe would be possible and a great deal?

    Thanks
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 194,784
    cali_oil said:

    I should've told you my tax rate. It's 8%. So without doing the whole msd thing, how much do you believe would be possible and a great deal?

    Thanks

    With or without MSD, it all depends on the selling price you're able to negotiate.

    I've never shopped for a car costing more than $50K, much less $100K, so I'm not sure how much help I can be. Generally, 5-7% off sticker price for a BMW is doing pretty well.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • cali_oilcali_oil Member Posts: 14
    I'm already at about 5 or 6% off but I'm going to try and get it for a bit lower maybe around 1150 after tax. 

    In regards to the inflated mf, how can I call them out on it? 

    Thank you for all your help.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 194,784
    cali_oil said:

    I'm already at about 5 or 6% off but I'm going to try and get it for a bit lower maybe around 1150 after tax. 

    In regards to the inflated mf, how can I call them out on it? 

    Thank you for all your help.

    Politely but firmly tell them you know the MF is inflated and you won't sign a deal.

    Reach out to another BMW if need be; the competition will only help you get the best possible deal.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • cali_oilcali_oil Member Posts: 14
    Thank you Michaell
  • cali_oilcali_oil Member Posts: 14
    So I got the dealer down to $1092.60 +8%tax and a MF of .00130. So $1180 including tax. 
    Car was $106,045.00 and brang it down to $97,500.00. How does that sound?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 194,784
    cali_oil said:

    So I got the dealer down to $1092.60 +8%tax and a MF of .00130. So $1180 including tax. 
    Car was $106,045.00 and brang it down to $97,500.00. How does that sound?

    Almost 10% off MSRP seems pretty good, plus base MF.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • cali_oilcali_oil Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2015
    I tried to get tinted windows and a carbon fiber gear knob, but that didn't happen. I'm going to pull the trigger on this deal within the next couple days. 10% off msrp is a lot. 

    Thanks again Michaell.
  • cali_oilcali_oil Member Posts: 14
    Michaell,

    I was able to get BMW down to 1200.00 including 8% tax and the MF. So I saved another $16.00.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 194,784
    cali_oil said:

    Michaell,

    I was able to get BMW down to 1200.00 including 8% tax and the MF. So I saved another $16.00.

    Congratulations - enjoy!

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Sign In or Register to comment.