Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 535i "factory executive demo"

3keikis3keikis Member Posts: 2
edited April 2015 in BMW
Was $71,225, Now $55,000 MILEAGE: 7,527 Miles
Description: BMW Certified Elite BMW Factory Executive Demo
OPTIONS: M Sport Package, Driver Assistance Package, Driver Assistance Plus Package, Premium Package, Luxury Seating Package, Lighting Package

Looking to purchase ("handing down" my car to my daughter who recently got her license). Always bought new in the past. Just wanted to get your thoughts on this car (I have not yet gone to the dealership to see for myself). Appears to be a good deal given all the "bells and whistles", but some people said to be cautious about demos. Could there be any room for negotiation of the price?

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    3keikis said:

Was $71,225, Now $55,000 MILEAGE: 7,527 Miles
    Description: BMW Certified Elite BMW Factory Executive Demo
    OPTIONS: M Sport Package, Driver Assistance Package, Driver Assistance Plus Package, Premium Package, Luxury Seating Package, Lighting Package

Looking to purchase ("handing down" my car to my daughter who recently got her license). Always bought new in the past. Just wanted to get your thoughts on this car (I have not yet gone to the dealership to see for myself). Appears to be a good deal given all the "bells and whistles", but some people said to be cautious about demos. Could there be any room for negotiation of the price?

If you don't ask, you don't get. What were you thinking about offering?

$16,000 off sticker seems to be a lot, but I've never shopped in that price range before (and, probably never will).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    3keikis3keikis Member Posts: 2
    I was thinking about offering closer to 49 - 50K -- I am sure there is a premium on this car because it is a CPO. Anyway, would be interested to hear any of your thoughts regarding BMW "demos" or any other experiences one may had had with purchasing any car that was designated a "demo"
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    My "experience" with demos is just from reading posts around the forum. Seems like the biggest complaint is that dealers want too much money for them. Often as much or more than a similar new car with way fewer miles. Some demos were driven a lot by customers (think rental cars). Others were mostly driven by salespeople. Still others, probably the cream of the crop, were driven by owner's spouses. Ask the salesperson - maybe that'll be story (and maybe it'll be true LOL).