Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mystery beeps

bmxdadbmxdad Member Posts: 8
edited May 2015 in Mazda
2015 CX9 GT. Let my wife drive it. Now it has a mysterious 3 beeps. No warning lights or other indication of a problem. Binged and found this may have been a problem on pre-2015 models associated with the dash light dimmer knob. I have tried setting the dimmer knob to high to low as it can go and still the 3 beeps. The dealer service guy had not heard of the problem. Ideas or solutions?
BMXDAD
------------
2008 CX-9GT(retired)160,206 miles.
2015 CX-9GT NAV/DVD (retired)
2019 CX-5GT
Tagged:

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    When does this happen exactly, and how often?
  • bmxdadbmxdad Member Posts: 8
    Seems to be random/intermittent timing but was happening at night with headlights on and it is occurring during daylight with headlights off.
    BMXDAD
    ------------
    2019 CX-5GT
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    yeah I read about the dimmer switch, too. Other owners have suggested the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring) and advised checking all your tire pressures for proper inflation. Are you sure there's no dash light of any kind when this happens? These "ghosts" can be hard to track down, especially when there is no regularity and no warning lights. I wonder if a computer scan at the dealers would show any "events" worth noting.
  • bmxdadbmxdad Member Posts: 8
    Just checked and tire pressure is good. I am getting absolutely no dash light alerts. I will try to nail down the frequency of the beeps and see if the dealer can figure it out.
    BMXDAD
    ------------
    2019 CX-5GT
  • CarHawkCarHawk Member Posts: 2
    My 2015 CX-5 also does this. Used to be a soft 3 beeps. Now is clearly audible. No other associated warning lights. Dealer has no clue. It has not done it when dealer takes it for a spin. Totally random, sometimes long periods between. How can Mazda build something they don't completely understand? The CX-5 runs perfectly and has never had a problem. Not sure, but I think I have never heard it at night.
  • CarHawkCarHawk Member Posts: 2
    One more thing, I only hear it while the car is moving, never when it is stopped. I found things in the Mazda guide that mention 3 beeps but one is related to a power lift gate and an object stuck in it (I don't have a power lift gate) and the other refers to cruise control with "stop and go" which I think means adjustable speed control (you are too close to the vehicle in front of you) which I also do not have. My model of CX-5 is the Grand Touring.