Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2010 Legacy Harman kardon Stereo problem

meerkat87meerkat87 Member Posts: 3
edited July 2015 in Subaru
I have a 2010 legacy that I bought roughly three months ago. About two months ago the audio (cd,aux,fm/am,Bluetooth) started to cut out or stutter. I would turn the car off and come back a few hours later and start it back up and it was back to normal. Over time it has become worse to where after sitting over night the audio won't work when I start it back up. The display on the stereo works. I picked up a stereo from the wrecking yard, same model, and the issue was the same... The display worked but not the audio. I took it in to the Subaru dealership and the mechanic diagnosed it as a bad stereo (this was before I picked up a replacement stereo from the wrecking yard). My thought was that the amp was the culprit.  Any ideas? 

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Could be---some loose solder point or such. doesn't the amp connect to the head with some sort of cable? (I'm trying to recall from the HK in my Mini Cooper). That's also worth checking---the wiring.
  • Options
    I'm not exactly sure.  I unplugged the amp and tried dusting it out, it really wasn't all that bad. This problem has been driving me nuts
  • Options
    I'm considering buying a new amp, I'm not tech savy enough to fix a loose solder unfortunately.