Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

MF and Residual - Golf TDI SE 2015

sukellsukell Member Posts: 2
edited August 2015 in Volkswagen
New to this leasing game! What am I looking at for August 2015 in terms of MF and residual on a Golf TDI SE 4 door, manual transmission? VW website only shows 36 mo/leases. Is 24-30 month possible? I drive around 12K a year.
My understanding is to negotiate the best SELLING price and then tell the dealer I want to lease. The negotiated selling price will be reflected in my lease costs. Is this correct?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    sukell said:

New to this leasing game! What am I looking at for August 2015 in terms of MF and residual on a Golf TDI SE 4 door, manual transmission? VW website only shows 36 mo/leases. Is 24-30 month possible? I drive around 12K a year.
    My understanding is to negotiate the best SELLING price and then tell the dealer I want to lease. The negotiated selling price will be reflected in my lease costs. Is this correct?

.00040 MF and 56% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr.
    63%/59% residual for 24 or 30 months.

With those residuals, 36 months should be a lot cheaper.

Yes, the lower the selling price, the cheaper the lease.. but, just like purchasing, you have to watch out for the details and extra costs the dealer might try to add. Especially, marking up the money factor.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    sukellsukell Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much!