-June 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Now That's What I Call Music 5.0 - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2015 in Ford
imageNow That's What I Call Music 5.0 - 2015 Ford Mustang GT Long-Term Road Test

With the new exhaust upgrade to our 2015 Ford Mustang GT, the pony is now making sweet, blissful music.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    Ferrari F430 Scuderia was the sweetest sounding car I have heard. Also heard a Maserati (unknown model) screaming down a highway. Italian cars... nothing like that purrrrr...

Drove by a 2015 V6 mustang yesterday. Sadly it would probably be a driver's race between my 4.6 V8 and it at a stop light. But as I drove by it I held a lower gear into the higher revs to remind him his car will never sound as good as mine...
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Don't forget about the Lexus LFA. The only car I can think of that sounds like and F1 race car.
  • Options
    subytrojansubytrojan Member Posts: 120
    Carrera GT is indeed great-sounding. I think V10s (Carrera GT, LFA, but not the Viper or Ram SRT10) sound better than V12s. I miss V10 F1 cars.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Turboprops > V10's > High-revving V8's. Everything else is more noise than music.

I miss V10 F1 cars.

Don't we all... :( Might as well be listening to the vacuum cleaner now.
  • Options
    mtnbiker8mtnbiker8 Member Posts: 39
    Great thing about this car, and Mustangs in general, there are about 327 different combinations of H-pipe, X- pipe, muffler, header and resonator to choose from. And all on YouTube. Really like my Borla S-Type.
  • Options
    id19id19 Member Posts: 7
    All the previously mentioned engines are great, no doubt about it. My fave exhaust notes aren't cars, and I'm dating myself here, tops is a twin wasp (or pretty much any radial), and a JD R under heavy load (or any JD two cylinder diesel). So many hours on R's and and an 820, and the starting procedure is always entertaining too. Don't scoff at the 2 cylinders, the 820 is 7.7 liters. For cars, hmm... a Porsche 6 at WOT is tough to beat.

Here's a guy starting an R. He takes longer than necessary, probably because he's recording it. At about 6:30 he drops it in road gear, and the big flywheel almost is isn't big enough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH-EgkjKq3U
  • Options
    id19id19 Member Posts: 7
    Oops. I didn't know that a youtube link would stick big dang picture in the thread. Sorry folks.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited September 2015
    No biggie, we got room. And everyone loves John Deere pics. :)
  • Options
    ctpaulctpaul Member Posts: 46
    video (audio) clip so we can judge the sound too?