Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Eco Minders Ruin the Fun - 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2015 in Volkswagen
imageEco Minders Ruin the Fun - 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI Long-Term Road Test

The constant eco-driving reminders dampen the fun in our long-term 2015 Volkswagen Golf GTI.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I guess I'd be okay if the "tips" disappear after viewing once for new car owners. HOWEVER, since this car has 18,000+ miles on her, I'd guess that it's been appearing quite a large number of times. That's unacceptable. Most "tips" are worthless for 90% of people - you almost have to wonder if they have it for some legal reason or something.
  • Options
    veedubber86veedubber86 Member Posts: 57
    I think cars should provide safety tips, not kill the fun tips. Things like "It's raining, turn your lights on" or for things that annoy other drivers like "stop driving slow in the left lane."
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Off topic but also very telling; there is absolutely nothing in Edmunds car news feed about the EPA catching VW cheating in TDI certification testing and facing billions in fines. I wonder why Edmunds missed the biggest car news headline? Don't want to mess up a good thing with free test cars and advertising maybe?
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited September 2015
    Lots of the "breaking news" stuff hits the forums first - mostly in the What Would It Take for YOU to buy a diesel car? discussion in this case.