Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Selling my 1999 Mits 3000GT SL, want something as sexy but smaller

mitsgirl1mitsgirl1 Member Posts: 4
edited October 2015 in Mitsubishi
My car is a 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL with 103,000k miles, no rust, good paint, leather seats, Brembo brakes, leather seats, steering wheel, etc., etc. I've had it 10 years and taken excellent care of it. Gorgeous car! I hate to sell it, but since it is rare and it is getting older, the maintenance is getting to be costly. I've spent $3,000 in this year alone. Also, I have always felt it's too long (hard to park). I looked around, but haven't seen anything as pretty and timeless looking. Also, it's like driving a dream on hairpin turns. I'd like something as sporty.

On my budget, I have to buy an older car (but not 16 years old like mine... I'm hoping to stay within the 5-10 year old range). I've never owned an American car, but people I know who have them say they fall apart inside QUICK (door handles, ashtrays, seats rip, CD players break, etc.) -- however, I like the look of the Mustang and the Corvette.

I'm trying to decide between:

Mustang GT vs Mitsubishi Eclipse
Mazda Miata vs Mini Cooper
Porsche Boxter vs Chevy Corvette

I like the look of some Nissans, but I've seen warnings against rotary engines. (Why are they not desirable?)

Any thoughts, opinions and advice would be appreciated.

Steph

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,313
    mitsgirl1 said:

My car is a 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL with 103,000k miles, no rust, good paint, leather seats, Brembo brakes, leather seats, steering wheel, etc., etc. I've had it 10 years and taken excellent care of it. Gorgeous car! I hate to sell it, but since it is rare and it is getting older, the maintenance is getting to be costly. I've spent $3,000 in this year alone. Also, I have always felt it's too long (hard to park). I looked around, but haven't seen anything as pretty and timeless looking. Also, it's like driving a dream on hairpin turns. I'd like something as sporty.

On my budget, I have to buy an older car (but not 16 years old like mine... I'm hoping to stay within the 5-10 year old range). I've never owned an American car, but people I know who have them say they fall apart inside QUICK (door handles, ashtrays, seats rip, CD players break, etc.) -- however, I like the look of the Mustang and the Corvette.

I'm trying to decide between:

Mustang GT vs Mitsubishi Eclipse
    Mazda Miata vs Mini Cooper
    Porsche Boxter vs Chevy Corvette

I like the look of some Nissans, but I've seen warnings against rotary engines. (Why are they not desirable?)

Any thoughts, opinions and advice would be appreciated.

Steph

Nissans don't have rotary engines. That's Mazda, and that's only the RX-8, so no worries.

Out of the choices given, I'd pick a Mustang or a Miata. If you are going to consider a Nissan, look at the 350Z. The other choices you gave might make the $3000 you spent this year look puny.

While I'd also choose the GT version of the Mustang, don't discount the 6-cylinder models. Any of them would leave your current car in the dust.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mitsgirl1mitsgirl1 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks! I really don't know which cars are typically "high maintenance" -- I know all sporty cars are to some extent, but I have to be as careful as possible.