Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Rear view mirror temp gauge

sonnygenepsonnygenep Member Posts: 1
edited November 2015 in Chevrolet
I have had several GM products which have the outside temperature and compass display in the rear view mirror. (Where it should be)
I recently purchased a 2013 Avalanche and the outside temperature and compass display are in the dash, displayed below the speedometer, where you have to take your eyes off the road momentarily to check them.
I own 3 Avalanches, so I swapped the mirror from my 2007 Avalanche, and the compass displays correctly in the 2013. However the temp gauge just displays OC. How can I get it to display the correct outside temperature.
BTW the in-dash display is not affected, still displays properly.

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,287

I have had several GM products which have the outside temperature and compass display in the rear view mirror. (Where it should be)
    I recently purchased a 2013 Avalanche and the outside temperature and compass display are in the dash, displayed below the speedometer, where you have to take your eyes off the road momentarily to check them.
    I own 3 Avalanches, so I swapped the mirror from my 2007 Avalanche, and the compass displays correctly in the 2013. However the temp gauge just displays OC. How can I get it to display the correct outside temperature.
    BTW the in-dash display is not affected, still displays properly.

I'm sure the mirror in your previous Avalanche had a connection to a temperature sensor, as an inside mirror can't give you an outside temperature without one. Of course a compass doesn't need a connection.

I doubt you can make it work, because it's likely there is no connection to a sensor.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator